What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Next up: Facilities.

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
Bohn, DiStephano & Benson need to strike while the iron is hot. Like right now. They need to release architectural drawings and a timeline for completion, and they really need to do it before the end of the year. All this talk about how CU's administration isn't supportive of athletics could be put to rest (for the time being, anyway) with the release of the facilities plan.

It's in the contract, according to Coach MacIntyre. The dollar specifics should be available next week, and the plans should immediately follow, no?

It's in the contract, according to Coach MacIntyre. The dollar specifics should be available next week, and the plans should immediately follow, no?

Yeah. I heard that the facilities plan is in his contract. But we don't know the timeline or the scope of the project. I think it's important for them to come out and publicly state what their vision is and what they are going to be building.

It's unfortunate an announcement now will get lost in the year end hussle. Hardcore CU fans will take note, but it'll get lost in the noise for everyone else.

Will be interesting how specific the details are...Dal Ward expansion and IPF gotta be priority 1 and 1a.

It's unfortunate an announcement now will get lost in the year end hussle. Hardcore CU fans will take note, but it'll get lost in the noise for everyone else.

Any announcement would be made for the benefit of CU fans anyway. A facilities plan doesn't mean squat for anybody else. They're trying to convince their stakeholders that they really do care about the state of the football program. They don't care what non-stakeholders think. So even if it gets lost in the year-end noise, the message will get through to the intended audience.

Said in one of his radio interviews that the facilities are supposed to be completed by the end of his contract. So fully complete facilities upgrades by 2017

Yeah. I heard that the facilities plan is in his contract. But we don't know the timeline or the scope of the project. I think it's important for them to come out and publicly state what their vision is and what they are going to be building.

He said on teh radio that it was expected to be completed by the end of his contract (5 years).

Not only for the fans, but put it out and use it to help the recruiting dialog. I know recruits have been shown drawings for a while, but releasing it in the press will lend some credence to the story being pitched. Make it public, make it big, and keep talking about it. A press release to announce it, give detailed tour thru the drawings, then a big event at the first shovel turn. Keep it in the press as much as possible.

It's going public out of necessity. It always was going public like this with this hire. I'm sure that was a huge factor in firing embree.

Not only for the fans, but put it out and use it to help the recruiting dialog. I know recruits have been shown drawings for a while, but releasing it in the press will lend some credence to the story being pitched. Make it public, make it big, and keep talking about it. A press release to announce it, give detailed tour thru the drawings, then a big event at the first shovel turn. Keep it in the press as much as possible.

This

Back