What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NFL Asks Kasa Strange question (edited title)

changed the title - the question was begging the answer. Let's not start rumors like this about a player's personal life, thanks.

This is going to end up being a big story I have a feeling. Very un PC if true and if not, scandalous that Kasa accused a team of something like that if it isn´t. However, I feel this can not help his draft stock. Good thing for him Embree is a TE coach in the NFL now b-c I wouldn´t be surprised to see the Browns pick him up in a late round.

Unfortunate because whistleblowers should always be protected and I don´t think he was trying to snitch but it probably will scare some teams away.

This is going to end up being a big story I have a feeling. Very un PC if true and if not, scandalous that Kasa accused a team of something like that if it isn´t. However, I feel this can not help his draft stock. Good thing for him Embree is a TE coach in the NFL now b-c I wouldn´t be surprised to see the Browns pick him up in a late round.

Unfortunate because whistleblowers should always be protected and I don´t think he was trying to snitch but it probably will scare some teams away.
Great post!

They are - when they're employees. And Kasa was not technically on a job interview, so they can ask him these and other over-the-line questions.

Kasa was on Dan Patrick this morning and really backed down on his story.

Sounds like his agent has gotten a hold of him and told him to cool his jets.

Yeah, Nick originally said the team 'asked him with a straight face' if he liked girls. Uh, yeah. Later he said it was asked in a joking manner.

As the article suggests that the NFL is a little gun shy after the T'eo thing. Can't say I blame them, as any openly gay player, or suspected of being gay could cause problems in the locker room with anyone who might be the least bit homophobic.

They are - when they're employees. And Kasa was not technically on a job interview, so they can ask him these and other over-the-line questions.
Actually I don't think that's the case -- the NFL said as much in the article and it's in the CBA. It could definitely be considered discrimination if they don't end up drafting him if they answered "yes."

Bottomline, I get how some wouldn't accept gays in the locker room but if you can play on the field, you'll earn those respect most likely. Whoever the first openly major team gay athlete is (I know some WNBA players are out) gonna have some real thick skin. It's not gonna be Jackie Robinson-like since were a more accepting society now than 60+ years ago, but it's a monumental hurdle our society hasn't seen.

Reactions: aik
I am still living in Argentina and currently watching CNN International. Guess who is being talked about? Our very own Nick Kasa.

Gotta think that if a team wanted to ask the question of T'eo, they'd ask everyone to cover their ass (as it were).

I'm sure he thought it was weird/awkward/funny, and when a reporter asked him what the process was like, he was honest and said that this one part one was kind of weird. He probably had no idea that a. it was a violation of the CBA, and b. there's a good chance it's a violation of state and/or federal employment law. Once he found that out, I can imagine the "oh ****" realization hitting him full force.

Whatever. The asshole that is asking that kind of question should be exposed and fired.

The team that picks Kasa in the 4 - 6 round or whatever is getting a steal.

Reactions: aik
Thicker skin, who gives a **** what they ask? Just answer and leave it be. I don't think it should be asked but I don't think a person should handle it like this either. People are so ****ing sensitive these days.

Thicker skin, who gives a **** what they ask? Just answer and leave it be. I don't think it should be asked but I don't think a person should handle it like this either. People are so ****ing sensitive these days.
I agree - there are so many self entitled, selfish, self centered, rude, ignorant, overly sensitive, arrogant, egotistical, and flat out mean people these days. Everyone need to "just lighten up Francis"..(wrong thread for the movie quote).

What if you, Kasa or another player actually was gay? You would want to answer honestly but you know that it might cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars if you did.

What if you, Kasa or another player actually was gay? You would want to answer honestly but you know that it might cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars if you did.
Exactly. And I believe that these are indeed job interviews and the NFL teams should be required to follow the same rules as I do as an employer.

Back