What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nice step forward for Mills and Sharpe last night

Sharpe missed his freshman season after needing micro-fracture surgery on his knee (hurt it during pre-season workouts). I don't think he would have been a good shooter, but he would have been a defensive stopper and a human highlight reel on the break and off drives. We never really got to see him play.

Obviously the injury didn't help him but his problem never appeared to be athleticism or explosiveness, his issues were that he's a guard who couldn't shoot and couldn't be trusted with the ball. Plus he's only 5'11.

Sharpe missed his freshman season after needing micro-fracture surgery on his knee (hurt it during pre-season workouts). I don't think he would have been a good shooter, but he would have been a defensive stopper and a human highlight reel on the break and off drives. We never really got to see him play.

Thanks Nick, your memory is better than mine here. It certainly isn't fair to criticize a kid for things beyond his control like injuries. It always seemed like Shannon was a good guy and teammate. It's just good to see that he is playing someplace and hopefully enjoying his college experience.

You know who took a big step forward recently? Mills. Dude played like a man up against the oh-so-highly ranked "zeus" of Zona.

You know who took a big step forward recently? Mills. Dude played like a man up against the oh-so-highly ranked "zeus" of Zona.

:lol: If Goose reads this post he'll be banging his head against a wall.

Obviously the injury didn't help him but his problem never appeared to be athleticism or explosiveness, his issues were that he's a guard who couldn't shoot and couldn't be trusted with the ball. Plus he's only 5'11.

His lateral movement was shot, though. Just tells you what an exceptional athlete he was when he had knees. I do agree with you that Bz was off his rocker to think Sharpe was his top recruit over Burks in that class, but it would sort of depend on when he made the statement. At the time he signed, Burks was like 6'1". He grew 3 or 4 inches between signing day and fall practices.

His lateral movement was shot, though. Just tells you what an exceptional athlete he was when he had knees. I do agree with you that Bz was off his rocker to think Sharpe was his top recruit over Burks in that class, but it would sort of depend on when he made the statement. At the time he signed, Burks was like 6'1". He grew 3 or 4 inches between signing day and fall practices.

That dunk he had against CAL(?) in the NIT was money.

Back