What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nick Rolovich - Former Hawaii & Wazzu HC

View attachment 54795
Lol....not a WORD from the cdc about immune health with it's new guidance to protect one against Covid..not a word..lots on the vax...testing...blah blah blah

Good for him standing up for his right to deny science and lie to his employer. Unfortunately for him, his employer exercised their rights to fire him and he’s now unemployed. Carpe Diem.
Science? Lol. Funny. The science us clear today. The vax does not protect others. The vax does stop you from sharing the virus. The vax does little for immune healthy

That's the science and he has been vindicated. He will win in court in his 25M lawsuit..bookit...

I realize I liked #4 post @LesGrossman. I thought that was all there was to it, not getting vaxxed. What manner are we talking about here?
See post #24.

I think Rolo might be a pretty solid coach, but the track record is short and he is only a .500 coach. While I support freedom of choice, he did not handle it well. He did not make a principled stand in my opinion. He acted like a weasel in my opinion. He is in a lawsuit with WSU now, which he will almost certainly lose. He is also accused of racism in a lawsuit against him by a former player. There is a ton of baggage. The upshot is that he is need of a coaching rehab landing spot and is unlikely to get any sniffs as a head coach because his judgment is questionable, regardless of how you feel about the vaccine. Athletic Directors are generally risk adverse and aren’t going to enter into a $15 million contract with a risk like him. And he did this to himself.

See post #24.

I think Rolo might be a pretty solid coach, but the track record is short and he is only a .500 coach. While I support freedom of choice, he did not handle it well. He did not make a principled stand in my opinion. He acted like a weasel in my opinion. He is in a lawsuit with WSU now, which he will almost certainly lose. He is also accused of racism in a lawsuit against him by a former player. There is a ton of baggage. The upshot is that he is need of a coaching rehab landing spot and is unlikely to get any sniffs as a head coach because his judgment is questionable, regardless of how you feel about the vaccine. Athletic Directors are generally risk adverse and aren’t going to enter into a $15 million contract with a risk like him. And he did this to himself.
Had I known all that, I wouldn't have even asked. Shouldn't be a no, but a no ****ing chance no.

What about the "science" that prompted Wolensky to come out and say if you got the jabs you couldn't spread or be infected? Vaccine did nothing not than offering temporary "protection" for individuals but did nothing to change the exceptionally rare severe cases among people outside of the well defined risk factors. I guess bad science is still science?

Covid aside and that making him a non-starter to begin with, would we really want a coach with the run n shoot offense?
I do think we obviously need more of an identity, but I worry about committing to a unique one. Even with the air raid, which seems more versatile, I feel like you should go all in and expect that the next coach you hire is going to have the same philosophy. That seems risky, but also maybe worth the gamble. Who wouldn’t take the success in the last 20 years of a Wazzou, Texas Tech, or Hawaii right now.

What about the "science" that prompted Wolensky to come out and say if you got the jabs you couldn't spread or be infected? Vaccine did nothing not than offering temporary "protection" for individuals but did nothing to change the exceptionally rare severe cases among people outside of the well defined risk factors. I guess bad science is still science?
I see you’re triggered, so I suggest you take it to the many COVID threads if you want to continue with whatever you’re trying to do here. He was a state employee who failed to follow a state mandate on all state employees and was fired. Crocodile tears.

I see you’re triggered, so I suggest you take it to the many COVID threads if you want to continue with whatever you’re trying to do here. He was a state employee who failed to follow a state mandate on all state employees and was fired. Crocodile tears.
Unless the state also has the mandate for the flu shot and all other vaccines it was a mandate based on bad science and politics

How to kill CU football without even playing a game, hire Nick Rolovich
I opened this thread for the first time. None of the discussion is about football.

Leaving James Harden GIF by Farmers Insurance ®

Would you say his career is shot?
Well played.

Nick is a good coach, football-wise I can get behind the hire. I think, unfortunately, CU will have to hire someone who is either damaged goods or looking to reclaim their mantle as a good coach.

Last edited:
Hard pass. Terrible leader, even worse judgement. Mediocre coach. He exercised his right to get fired. Not sure if he’s married, but can you imagine how things go at dinner? “You’re risking $15 million and your whole career for a stupid f-ing shot?” Selfish and stupid beyond belief. His career going forward is Fox special guest idiot.

Hard pass. Terrible leader, even worse judgement. Mediocre coach. He exercised his right to get fired. Not sure if he’s married, but can you imagine how things go at dinner? “You’re risking $15 million and your whole career for a stupid f-ing shot?” Selfish and stupid beyond belief. His career going forward is Fox special guest idiot.
We don’t need that stuff at CU. Let’s find someone less divisive and that can unite Buff nation. If this guy was announced as new HC, we’d have this debate on this thread for his entire tenure. The announcement of a new HC this time should be a great positive day, not a political theatre.

Back