What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nickel question.

hawg1

Club Member
Club Member
I assume CU begins to play more 3-3-5 scheme in P12 games.

Back end seems to be Awuzie, Spoon, Thompson, Laguda and either Moeller or Oliver

Who is up front?

Who are the LBs?

I assume CU begins to play more 3-3-5 scheme in P12 games.

Back end seems to be Awuzie, Spoon, Thompson, Laguda and either Moeller or Oliver

Who is up front?

Who are the LBs?

DE Carrell
DT Tupou
DE Kafovalu

ILB Gillam/Gamboa
ILB Olugbode
OLB Gilbert/NJ/Severson/Hasselbach

NB Awuzie

CB Witherspoon & Oliver
S Thompson & Laguda/Moeller

Last edited:
DE Carrell
DT Tupou
DE Kafovalu

ILB Gillam/Gamboa
ILB Olugbode
OLB NJ/Severson/Hasselbach

NB Awuzie

CB Witherspoon & Oliver

You forgot Gilbert at OLB, who is probably the main guy. Otherwise spot on. I don't think we will see a lot of 3-4-4 this week.

DE Carrell
DT Tupou
DE Kafovalu

ILB Gillam/Gamboa
ILB Olugbode
OLB NJ/Severson/Hasselbach

NB Awuzie

CB Witherspoon & Oliver
I think Gilbert will be playing first in the OLB before any of those other guys listed. I wonder if we see Severson some at ILB with Oregon's speed?

You forgot Gilbert at OLB, who is probably the main guy. Otherwise spot on. I don't think we will see a lot of 3-4-4 this week.

Forgot all about Gilbert. Which is really bad, because he is probably the most gifted OLB on the roster when he is focused.

My 2 cents

Up front: Carrell, Tupou, Kafovalu
LB: Olugbode, Gamboa, and other (Gillam, Severson, Falo, Gilbert)

I wonder if Gamboa and Olugbode tag team this week and the other 4 faster line backers swap out the other two spots?

Well true dude is slow. He can defend the run a bit but out in space, bad idea. Oregon has some dudes that can run.

Well true dude is slow. He can defend the run a bit but out in space, bad idea. Oregon has some dudes that can run.

It might be a good idea to have george frazier to spend some time being a decent linebacker instead of spending not very much time being a not that great tight end.

I've never saw him as a TE really, fullback maybe. LB, interesting.
He played defense a couple years ago and showed some things as a pass rusher. Hes faster and bigger than rick gamboa, and hes faster than hasselbach.

At this point, i dont know if he could transition back to linebacker after two years on offense, but hes not a good tight end and we dont even use tight ends much. Id rather see him at lb than see him sit on the bench.

He played defense a couple years ago and showed some things as a pass rusher. Hes faster and bigger than rick gamboa, and hes faster than hasselbach.

At this point, i dont know if he could transition back to linebacker after two years on offense, but hes not a good tight end and we dont even use tight ends much. Id rather see him at lb than see him sit on the bench.
Inside backer or outside?

Frazier does not have the speed to play LB.
Hes faster than rick gamboa, and hes about Forty pounds bigger. In any event , i was thinking more of moving him to outside linebacker, as he seemed like a decent pass rusher two years ago.

If we used tight ends more than 5 plays a game, and he could catch, and if we had better depth on defense, i wouldnt be making this suggestion. But christian shaver and terran hasselbach arent good enough that we can leave a guy who might have decent pass rushing skills on the bench at a position we dont use, and that he doesnt play well.

Hes faster than rick gamboa, and hes about Forty pounds bigger. In any event , i was thinking more of moving him to outside linebacker, as he seemed like a decent pass rusher two years ago.

If we used tight ends more than 5 plays a game, and he could catch, and if we had better depth on defense, i wouldnt be making this suggestion. But christian shaver and terran hasselbach arent good enough that we can leave a guy who might have decent pass rushing skills on the bench at a position we dont use, and that he doesnt play well.
He played OLB out of pure desperation a few years ago. All I know is they won't be moving him, especially at this point in the season. That would seem like another desperation move to me. I like Shavor and NJ in these roles.

Are we sure Frazier is faster than Gamboa because I have never watched him play and thought he was fast. He doesn't seem very shifty either. He played defensive end under Baer not OLb.

Back