What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nik Appreciation Thread

Uncle Ken

Smoke Chedda tha Ass Getta
Club Member
Nik will probably be uncomfortable with this, but I'm growing weary of folks dropping by and blasting him for his efforts in this discussion.

I don't think everyone understands or appreciates what Nik did here.

He heightened the dialogue in a respectful and fair manner.

How did he do this? He gathered opinions from fans by actively soliciting both PROS and CONS to firing Embree. Yes, I said that correctly. He compiled a list representing arguments from both sides of that fence.

He encouraged Buffs to share their opinions--regardless what they were--with Regents, The AD, The Chancellor and The President. He wanted the fans' voices to be heard.

While he actively shared his own opinion, he still sought to engage the opinions of those that disagreed with him.

When Nik perceived that the local media had a bias grounded by a vendetta against Mike Bohn for firing GB, and further fueled by SID talking points, Nik went out of his way to work with local media outlets to ensure that other opinions were represented as well. He tried very hard to balance the public discourse.

Ultimately he wanted this to be about a fair and open dialogue. He was in no way the leader of some group-think resistance as he has been unfairly portrayed.

If Nik's opinions weren't your own, fine. He was respectful of yours, it would be great if you returned the favor.

Nice job, Nik. Thanks for your efforts to ensure that the fans' views weren't trampled in this dialogue.

Nik has kept things on an even keel and kept us all informed. A beacon of light in an otherwise dark world! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the information and input from Nik and many! :thumbsup:

That being stated, but we're no better off today than last week, so my excitement and enthusiasm will remain tepid until we see some sort of dividends as a result

And that means trusting Bohn again......hard for me to get excited about

Thanks for the information and input from Nik and many! :thumbsup:

That being stated, but we're no better off today than last week, so my excitement and enthusiasm will remain tepid until we see some sort of dividends as a result

And that means trusting Bohn again......hard for me to get excited about

That's the spirit!

I wanted voices heard and I wanted to see if we could break out of the traditional media controlling the dialogue. There was no dialogue and the Camp Embree groupthink was dominating the reporting (or non-reporting). As I started making contact, I learned that their messaging was also dominating the perceptions of key boosters and administrators at CU. They're not necessarily more than casual football fans and don't spend their days looking at recruit rankings or offer lists. They don't go to the NCAA.org site to see if there are positive trends to be found if you go deeper than the scoreboard. And what I discovered was that the "football people" they were trusting were telling them that recruiting was going great and there were tons of improvements that couldn't be seen on the scoreboard. I wanted to provide them a counter viewpoint, get them engaged in honest consideration of what is going on with CU football, what commitment is needed to be successful in this modern era, have them appreciate that the fans demand to see a vision and commitment, and call on them to lead.

I think we accomplished that as long as they decide that changing coaches was NOT a panacea for the problems. They absolutely must deliver the other stuff - operational support, financial support, facilities improvements, and giving due consideration to academic ideas that could increase undergraduate applications while also helping the athletic teams attract recruits.

Regarding Bohn, I have seen pros and cons with his job performance. But I would never hold one of my employees accountable if I hadn't provided him with adequate resources or provided the authority to make decisions. I've seen enough there with his management of basketball and budget issues to say it's time to let Bohn do his job and judge him on the results.

In short, I wanted to see CU take its football seriously. We have seen good indicators that CU has listened to the grassroots voice of the fans on this. And we need to make sure that we continue to encourage the university leadership in that direction.

Thanks (again) Nik.

You provided some very good talking points that people had to look at carefully and ultimately ask, what are we doing here? Everyone can make up their own mind, but it is surprising how much the average Joe learns from the biased press and AD mouthpieces and takes it as gospel. You outlined some issues and ultimately I think reasonable people looked at them and said "wait a minute"!

P.S. Thanks, guys. Even though I want to give Orr a Columbian necktie for starting this thread. :smile2:

Good job Nik. They can't fail this time, this is huge for the future. Probably not fun to be in certain people's shoes right about now.

I would love to see Nik hit it huge with his business and make $millions+$. One because he is a great guy and deserves it. Secondly and selfishly because I would love to see him have disposable funds sufficient to make the AD listen to his voice of reason.

I would love to see Nik hit it huge with his business and make $millions+$. One because he is a great guy and deserves it. Secondly and selfishly because I would love to see him have disposable funds sufficient to make the AD listen to his voice of reason.

You're assuming he wouldn't burn it on hookers and blow. That's a big assumption.

Should we call him Nik, or Mr. Dick?

tumblr_kveh87Ot4i1qzhiqw

Back