1. Allbuffs will be having an outage this weekend starting on Friday night and continuing through the weekend. We hope Allbuffs will be back online by Sunday night.

Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jalapeno, Oct 20, 2016.

1. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

Oh **** yes! Zelda II is my jam.

2. Jalapeno

Jalapeno Doom Slayer Club Member

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    TimmyDUBs likes this.
  3. wsp4820

Started this last night. This game holds up!

Denver_sc, TimmyDUBs, TDforTD and 2 others like this.
  4. sliderNcider

sliderNcider Hasta la Viska Club Member

Yep just bought Zelda BOTW. Marathon Friday night here we come

TDforTD likes this.
  5. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

Fine! I’ll give it another shot

6. TDforTD

TDforTD Club Member Club Member

Kind of a random take, but I’ve been thinking about this for a while now.

The Switch is by far my favorite console this gen. The execution is perfect and the customer support/outreach is excellent as is always the case with Nintendo products. Every game I’ve played is so much fun and the ability to play the system handheld makes it even better.

That all said, I don’t think I’d like the system nearly as much if I didn’t also own a PS4, which I feel is an important distinction. Feels like the ultimate complementary video gaming system.

7. Denver_sc

Denver_sc Club Member Club Member

This is the only console Zelda that I've never completed. I finished the penultimate temple without collecting the artifact in the temple- something that lets you see the invisible enemies on the path to the final temple. Once you finish the temple, you can't re-enter it, so I was stuck. I rage-quit and have never gone back. I might have to do it.

8. sliderNcider

For those who have finished Zelda BOTW would you recommend using some sort of strategy guide or just playing it straight through with no help

9. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

How much do you like exploring, puzzling etc and figuring things out by yourself?

But between YouTube and google there really isn’t much of a need for your traditional strategy guides anymore these days.

sliderNcider likes this.
  10. sliderNcider

I guess the first time though I like to figure it out by myself. Just don't want to miss a lot of stuff

11. ZKobalt

ZKobalt Well-Known Member

Play it without any help, only look for help when you’re stuck at a shrine and have no idea what to do.

sliderNcider and Jens1893 like this.
  12. SBG

SBG Not SDB Club Member Junta Member

Put it in pro mode. Explore. Enjoy that aspect. It’s why it’s so good. I used the map overlay dlc that showed where I walked. I missed out and still spent 120 hours on it

13. Jalapeno

Would love to see another Zelda game like that one. I'm playing Zelda II as well.

14. wsp4820

Last castle is a beast.

15. Matt

Matt Club Member Club Member

Nintendo scraps Metroid Prime 4 progress, shifts development to new studio

On Friday, Nintendo executive Shinya Takahashi revealed that development of Metroid Prime 4 has not reached the standards that Nintendo seeks in a Metroid Prime entry. Specifically, Takahashi said the current development status of the game is very challenged and they have decided to “reexamine the development structure itself and change it.”
    In other words, development of the project is being halted. Current progress will be scrapped and development will start over from the beginning under the guidance of Retro Studios.

https://www.techspot.com/news/78442-nintendo-scraps-metroid-prime-4-progress-shifts-development.html

TDforTD likes this.
  16. Jalapeno

Not great news for Metroid players like myself but at least Retro Studios gets back into it. Perhaps Nintendo releases MP Trilogy for the Switch this year or next year as an apology. That might explain why there might be no Nintendo Direct this month. I think MP4 comes out in 2021 or maybe even 2022. If MP4 bombs, that is the end of the Metroid series for a lot of people. Good thing there is Doom and the upcoming sequel coming for the Switch to take the pressure off Metroid in this case. Nintendo in Japan can just focus on the 2D Metroid series while Retro Studios does the first person shooter version for good.

This year's crop of games is looking pretty strong and I suspect we will see brand new installments of Mario & Zelda next year as they take on the next PlayStation and Xbox console launches. I'd like to see new 2D Mario, Zelda, and Metroid games as well.

I'm pretty confident about this year and next year. Need to start seeing stuff for 2021 and 2022.

17. Jalapeno

Just bought myself the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection for the Switch. Going to eye the SNK 40th Anniversary collection as well. Going cheap on games for awhile myself.

18. Jalapeno

Switch is starting to get the fighting games in. Guilty Gear 20th Anniversary, BlazBlue Central Fiction, Samauri Shodown, King of Fighters XIV & XV (2020), etc. I'm the most excited for GG, BlazBlue, and Shodown since they include weapons in their respective fighting games. There's MK11 as well and Tekken 7's producer said that if there was enough interest in a Switch port, he'd consider it. Also ACA Neo Geo games are there and there is a bunch of SNK fighting games there as well.

19. Jalapeno

20. Jalapeno

Was hoping for surprise SNES games...maybe we'll get an answer soon...last Nintendo Direct rumor was false so take it with a grain of salt.

TimmyDUBs and TDforTD like this.
  21. TDforTD

TDforTD Club Member Club Member

HOLY SMOKES

Just bought Civ6. First time playing the series and my word. Lots of fun so far but pretty overwhelming with sooooo much to do. I admit there’s been a bit of me just kind of clicking things and hoping it works lol.

Highlander likes this.
  22. Highlander

Highlander There can be only one Club Member

Dio asked in another thread what I like in games, and it sucks to answer here, but this is it:
    I genuinely dig the kingdom building of RTS games. I suck at the head to head "end game" of RTS games, because it isn't what I like. I need to pick up something like Civ6. It seems like I might appreciate it even more than the RTS games I've enjoyed for a long time.

Darth Snow and TDforTD like this.
  23. Jalapeno

My Switch now has competition with my new PS4 Pro for games but at the same time, it's a good thing that I built up my Switch's library to where I have a good number of Switch hits such as SSBU, Zelda BoTW, Mario Odyessy, and Mario Kart 8. The Switch AAA games that I am targeting this year would be:

1. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

I was meh about the announcement until I dug deeper and found out that it's going to be like Dynasty Warriors but with a Marvel flavor. PlayStation and Xbox fans are understandably bummed about this exclusive deal for the Switch.

2. Metroid Prime Trilogy.

You know after the disappointing MP4 news that an apology in some kind is on its way and it's in the form of Metroid Prime Trilogy.

3. New Super Mario Bros Deluxe U.

I didn't have a Wii U so I appreciate getting a port like this.

Other games under consideration: Splatoon 2 and Hyrule Warriors.

TDforTD likes this.
  24. Jalapeno

25. Jalapeno

Direct will be 35 minutes long.

Fire Emblem Three Houses is mentioned.

I'm thinking more SSBU DLC announcements such as Joker getting a release date and the next DLC character unveiled. (nothing)

Metroid Prime Trilogy is available following the presentation as an apology for MP4. (nothing)

SNES games on their way to the Switch. (nothing)

Rumor is another 2D Zelda game for the 3DS or Switch. (Remake of Link's Awakening from the GameBoy but system not mentioned.

I'm hoping Ultimate Marvel Alliance 3 gets a release date today as well. (coming this Summer)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  26. Jalapeno

27. Jalapeno

28. Jalapeno

A bit bummed about no Metroid Prime Trilogy but some good stuff coming out this summer.

29. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

The art style of the Link's Awakening remake will be ... controversial/polarising/divisive.

30. Jalapeno

Agreed. If it runs at 60 fps like A Link Between Worlds, that'd be great but that is one of my favorite Zelda games along with ALBW so I'll tell right away if something is off.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.