What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NIT bracketology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not saying were gonna win it. Im just saying thats the mind set that fans and especially players should be in. You wouldn't be talking about going to the Alamo bowl if we were in contention for a BCS bid..[/QUOTEr

bad analogy. reward system for winning your conf is totally different in hoops than football. while tonight is a super nut punch i didn't think this team would more than 16-17 games total.

to be disappointed this isn't an NCAA team....is a little stretchy really. look at who we lost from a team that wasn't an NCAA team either (allegedly).

All Im saying is as long as we don't get stuck playing these ****ers again we have proven we can beat any of the top teams in the Pac so I'm not giving up tourney dreams unless we lose a Pac 12 tourney game. Teams can get hot at the right time. We were cold at the wrong time tonight. Maybe we'll show up when it really matters most.

We need to:

A) Get our **** together and get a win.

B) Get to 20 wins, thus giving ourselves back to back 20 win seasons for the first time ever

C) Get that crucial 4 seed for the Pac-12 tournament

D) Ensure that we will be a host in the NIT

E) Head to the Staples Center with no weight on our shoulders, play our asses off, and see if we can get some breaks.

I'm not going to settle on any chick now, because I'm still in contention for Jessica Alba

If we lose out do we still make the NIT?

Jeez, back away from the ledge, there buddy. I don't think we're going to lose the rest of our games. However, even if we do, I suspect we'd still be in line for an NIT bid.

Jeez, back away from the ledge, there buddy. I don't think we're going to lose the rest of our games. However, even if we do, I suspect we'd still be in line for an NIT bid.

You'll remember that my prediction for the last 5 games was pretty sour. Things haven't changed much on that end.

I do, however, really hope that the team is able to pull it together here. Last year we had a pretty bad loss at just about this point in the season and turned it around nicely. Unfortunately, the difference this year as I see it is that we don't really have anyone who can consistently hit shots or get to the line like we did last year. Oh, and our free throw shooting is awful. It's much easier to calm things down or get out of a slump if you can get to the line and hit your free throws.

So - what are the chances we see CSU in the NIT?

I wish they'd make it a 1st round matchup (or was that in the 2nd) like they did back when we played them in the NIT in the Ricardo days, would love some revenge.

So - what are the chances we see CSU in the NIT?

NIT loves these types of matchups. Who knows how everything will end up, but at this point it's unlikely we'd encounter them in the first round because we'd both be highly seeded. If I had to venture a guess, if the season ended today CSU would be a 1 seed and CU a 3/4 seed.

There's a decent possibility Denver could make the NIT, and Wyoming as well, so don't be shocked if we run into one of them either.

Last edited:
NIT loves these types of matchups. Who knows how everything will end up, but at this point it's unlikely we'd encounter them in the first round because we'd both be highly seeded. If I had to venture a guess, if the season ended today CSU would be a 1 seed and CU a 3/4 seed.

There's a decent possibility Denver could make the NIT, and Wyoming as well, so don't be shocked if we run into one of them either.
yup. good points. NIT loves these kinds of matchups and guarantees them a full house and ticket sales for regional/local matchups.

Ram fans are pretty ****ing ****y about getting into the tournament now

I will be severely frustrated if CSU gets into the tournament this year, after we got left out last season with us beating Texas, Mizzou, and KSU x3

True, but the committee is gonna have a hard time leaving them out with their high RPI and SOS. And the strong conference RPI is also helping them out quite a bit.

But they're now 5th in the MWC, only a .500 conference record. Behind TCU as well as the "Big 3". They have a total of 2 road wins all year, the best being against UTEP (#134 RPI). Their resume' is actually not all that impressive. They've got a chance to get in if the committee is actually using RPI as their #1 tool for picking the field, which they have always denied was the case. Outside of the RPI's love for teams that lose to better teams, their case is weak at best.

True, but the committee is gonna have a hard time leaving them out with their high RPI and SOS. And the strong conference RPI is also helping them out quite a bit.

They need to beat UNLV to get in, IMO. Scratch the surface on that resume and it is weaksauce. If anything sums up the ridiculousness of the RPI, it's CSU being 26th (and Southern Miss being 13th, but you get the idea). As Junction mentions, they're also *horrible* on the road, which is going to hurt their chances.

They need to beat UNLV to get in, IMO. Scratch the surface on that resume and it is weaksauce. If anything sums up the ridiculousness of the RPI, it's CSU being 26th (and Southern Miss being 13th, but you get the idea). As Junction mentions, they're also *horrible* on the road, which is going to hurt their chances.

Their conference losses have been by 19, 33, 19, 4, 1 and 8 points. (That is also their 6 conference road games - they did keep it close @ Boise and Texas Cannabis, as well as SDSU. But those first 3 conference losses (Wyoming, New Mexico, UNLV) were just flat out horrible.

They're 6-8 against the top 100 RPI. CU is 4-6. Hell, TCU is 5-6, they've got a better record in the MWC, they split with CSU, their overall record is virtually identical. Why shouldn't they get in before CSU? Well, except that their RPI is in the 90s instead of the 20s. Which says more about the stupidity of the RPI than the difference between the 2 teams...

So, let's see here .......... travel to NC and lost horribly to Dukie. Get a nice payday to boot.

Get a "oooops, we lost" rpi bump. Make it to the dance as a sacrificial lamb (pun intended), and get another payday.

hmmmmmm, their AD might be on to something here.

But this is the kind of resume that the committee loves. 6 wins against the RPI top 100 including 2 against the top 50. They also have a win against Montana who is barely outside the top 100. Don't forget about the strength of the MWC this year, that is really helping them because the conference is currently ranked as the 5th best. Yes, most of us know that the RPI is a joke for the most part and Southern Miss is the perfect example, but the committee doesn't know that. I think they use the RPI more than they lead us to believe.

There's no doubt that CSU has work left to do. But even if they don't beat UNLV I think they still get in as long as they beat AF and win at least 1 game in the MWC tourney. I'm not trying to defend CSU by any means, I'm just saying what I think the committee will do.

The meltdown on RamNation if CU some how got in without winning the Pac-12 tournament and CSU was left out would make my year.

The meltdown on RamNation if CU some how got in without winning the Pac-12 tournament and CSU was left out would make my year.

I can see where you're coming from, but count me among the Buff fans who don't pay any attention to CSU other than if we have a game with them, it's something to do with state funding of higher education, it's relevant to that RMS abortion, or it's something that could impact CU recruiting/RPI/etc.

http://nitology.com/

Probably the best site for NIT projections even though they don't update as regularly as you'd like. Before last week's games (wins over OSU and UO at home), CU was projected as being on the right side of the NIT bubble and pulling a 7-seed. I'd assume that we'll be looking much better after last week is factored in.

As of today they have us as a #2 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back