What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

No. 19 Buffs Hold Off Bears To Advance In NCAA Tourney

RSSBot

News Junkie
Category: Volleyball

The No. 19 Buffaloes defeated Northern Colorado 3-1 on Friday afternoon to advance to the second round of the NCAA Tournament.

Originally posted by CUBuffs.com
Click here to view the article.

"
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – The No. 19 Buffaloes defeated Northern Colorado 3-1 on Friday afternoon to advance to the second round of the NCAA Tournament for the second straight year.

“We are honored and happy to be advancing to the second round,” head coach Liz Kritza. “That was a battle. A lot of times the score does not reflect how difficult the game is played on the court. Credit to UNC, and Lyndsey (Oates), she did a really good job, they are a well-coached team. I am really proud of my players and my staff for coming back after we dropped that set. It was a deuce set and it was a part of volleyball being played at the highest level. I am glad we came back and responded the way we did, and we came back to our form. We are happy to be moving forward.”

The University of Colorado held off the Bears 25-19, 25-15, 24-26, 25-15 at Moby Arena and will play No. 9 Colorado State Saturday at 4:30 p.m.
"

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats again Buffs!

Note- In addition to the above linked article, there is also available:

1) Post match press conference video (~7 minutes) with Coach Kritza, Taylor Simpson, Gabby Simpson and Nicole Edelman.- (http://www.cubuffs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=600&id=3585197)

2) Match highlight video (~4-1/2 minutes)- http://www.cubuffs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=600&id=3585218

3) Raphie Report article on the match- http://www.ralphiereport.com/2014/12/5/7343369/buffaloes-spike-bears-in-ncaa-first-round-3-1

Last edited:
Anyone know if Buffs bring band, cheer or dance today? Be nice to have some help making noise in there.

So what are our chances here?
Watched their first two sets. Not a VB expert, but I don't think CSU is better than the Pac12 competition we've faced. They're looked like a good team, solid serving, played well a team and looked focussed.
I'd say this match is a coin flip on neutral court. CSU fans showed well yesterday, so gotta give them a nice home court advantage here.

By the way, quite a few CU personal records and milestones set in yesterday's match per twitter (a couple also mentioned in the article). Congrats to all!:

Cierra Simpson- [tweet]541085471628349440[/tweet]

Anna Pfefferle- [tweet]541085882099720194[/tweet]

Nicole Edelman- [tweet]541086168130289664[/tweet]

Taylor Simpson- [tweet]541086572184367104[/tweet]

Back