What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

No apologies?

Hey AllBuffs - don't let these dumb ass' divide us like they have the staff and locker room. we are the devoted "paying customer" fans. Keep your focus on analyzing football...

Last edited:
I'm still not sure what this rumor at issue really is. CU2x hasn't really clarified. Buffnik also can't be upset that once the the issue is back front and center, as once something goes on the Internet, it's impossible to keep it under wraps.

It wasn't so much CU2X as it was some stuff on twitter, on another board, and in some emails.

I just chose to respond here. Tried to quiet things down and a host of dipshits thought they smelled blood in the water.

This thread became the outlet for me to vent a bit.

okay. I'm not done with you.

I'm growing increasingly annoyed with your portrayal of disatisfied fans as petulant children, with their greedy hands out for more than they deserve.

I don't think it's an accurate assessment.

The fans that you disparage are, in many cases, season ticket holders who have devoted their time, interest and saturdays in the fall to buffs' football for over 20 years.

These fans have invested financially in the program.

These fans believe in the brand that is the university of colorado and take pride in that.

These fans have exhibited considerable patience over a period of seven losing years, in which we've all watched our beloved buffs plummet to previously unexplored depths.

These fans are asking that our administration avoid dragging our beloved brand through the mud, and that we take measures to mitigate our status as a national laughingstock.

These fans would like to see competitive football, and have invested in that desire.

If these fans didn't care, they wouldn't be so outspoken.

You've targeted the wrong audience in my opinion. This isn't a group of needy-want-results-now crybabies, but rather financially and emotionally invested fans that want a reason to be proud of our football team.

I think you owe them all an apology, frankly.

great post!!!!!!!!!!

Okay so we have some things confirmed.

Cabral is a Buff at heart and has more class than lots of the posters on this site, nothing new.

Nick made a post that may have missed on a detail or two but was essentially truthfull and completely relevant to the situation, again nothing new.

An Embree supporter gets his panties in a bunch despite the fact that Embree is the one most to blame for both the negative news and the negative vibes around the program that make the negative news consistent with the current situation, not the exception, again nothing new.

If you want the fan base to get fully behind the program then give the fan base a reason to believe that the program is worth being behind. Mess with an individual who has proven his loyalty to the Buffs for more than two decades and it is a huge stretch to think that you can get away with shoving it under the rug in the name of "get behind our Buffs."

One of your leading moderators posts a BS rumor, and he and his devoted followers totally rip Embree (with incredible psycho-babble analysis). Then when they find it is all BS, they dump the thread and act like nothing happened.

It somehow embarrasses me to know the people who engage in these mindless attacks are considered Buff fans. Please grow up, this is not all about you and your need for a winning team (right now!).

Go Buffs, whip'em on Friday

Let me get this straight. Your upset b/c a poster posted what he heard on a radio show whereby you are defending a coach who has created more divisions in his own locker room and most likely has thrown Cabral "under the bus" and as such you are demanding an apology??? RIGHT!!!! Get real

@cu2x go fly a kite. I have sat through seven seasons of crap football, with this season being the absolute worst since 1920, or is it 1891. I am an alum, a fan and a taxpayer, I can say what I damn well please. I know crappy FB when I see it. If the AD and the HC can't stand the heat for utter failure, that is their problem, not mine.

I'm sorry, CU2X. I'm sorry you're such an insufferable douchebag.

How's that for an apology?

I fell I love with the buffs when I was 7 years old. That is well over 40 years ago now. I've followed them through thick and thin. I've donated and bought tickets even though I have spent my entire working career in California. I attended cu despite having better
Schollie offers to other schools in large part because of the football experience in boulder.

I am many things but I won't be called a bad fan because I happen to believe that cu can do much much better than the historically worst season in buff history. This staff has utterly failed. To suggest otherwise is pure lunacy.

I already suspended all donations to all parts of the school. I am on the verge of tuning out completely and focusing on supporting schools and programs on the west coast that actually care about academic and athletic excellence.

Apologists for this historic damage to the cu brand can kiss my ass.

I fell I love with the buffs when I was 7 years old. That is well over 40 years ago now. I've followed them through thick and thin. I've donated and bought tickets even though I have spent my entire working career in California. I attended cu despite having better
Schollie offers to other schools in large part because of the football experience in boulder.

I am many things but I won't be called a bad fan because I happen to believe that cu can do much much better than the historically worst season in buff history. This staff has utterly failed. To suggest otherwise is pure lunacy.

I already suspended all donations to all parts of the school. I am on the verge of tuning out completely and focusing on supporting schools and programs on the west coast that actually care about academic and athletic excellence.

Apologists for this historic damage to the cu brand can kiss my ass.
Give your money to the poor, or people that help the poor. That's a better cause than higher ed. 50-60% of what higher ed does, taken as a whole, is semi-worthless in my opinion. Outside of engineering, the hard sciences and business, higher ed could disappear and the world would probably be better off.

@ cu2x-You will never like what you read here,it will always upset you,just forget this website exists.Delete it from your bookmarks and browser history.You will never like the result from your involvement in any discussion here.Move on.

Cu2x was incorrect to conclude that Nik's conclusion was wrong just because one of the premises was false. Just because Cabral was at a meeting doesn't mean that he is still the coach. I would also say he went too far in his criticism.

I do think this thread is illustrating that there is some validity in his larger (smaller?) point. Many people are jumping on a bandwagon and personally attacking him in a reactionary manner, even calling people "dip$hits", without really considering the content of what he is saying.

There was a reversal. A thread was deleted. He is asking for an explanation. Why is that deserving of contempt?

Cu2x was incorrect to conclude that Nik's conclusion was wrong just because one of the premises was false. Just because Cabral was at a meeting doesn't mean that he is still the coach. I would also say he went too far in his criticism.

I do think this thread is illustrating that there is some validity in his larger (smaller?) point. Many people are jumping on a bandwagon and personally attacking him in a reactionary manner, even calling people "dip$hits", without really considering the content of what he is saying.

There was a reversal. A thread was deleted. He is asking for an explanation. Why is that deserving of contempt?

Who is the "him" in this case? cu2x? He didn't ask for an explanation, he asked for an apology. And he was an asshole about it.

Who is the "him" in this case? cu2x? He didn't ask for an explanation, he asked for an apology. And he was an asshole about it.

Yep. If this thread had been titled: "Could someone please explain the Cabral situation?" and the first post had been that he had heard that the radio info was at least partially incorrect, he didn't see the thread any more, and wanted to know what was up...

... the reaction would have been completely different.

I would have patiently explained that the report of him not being at Dal Ward on Monday was incorrect, Cabral doesn't want a firestorm because he wants to leave a certain way, AllBuffs respects that, and because of this we removed the original thread from the open forum and left only the Appreciation Thread.

That's what I wanted to happen today. Sadly, it wasn't allowed to go down like that.

I don't think so. While stupid, he's way too positive. Sly would say nik was wrong and the only way out of this mess is to add a PE major and fire the Boulder Fire Department Chief.

He also didn't mention firing Bohn or how much worse off we'd be if Bohn had been allowed to hire Troy Calhoun.

Yep. If this thread had been titled: "Could someone please explain the Cabral situation?" and the first post had been that he had heard that the radio info was at least partially incorrect, he didn't see the thread any more, and wanted to know what was up...

... the reaction would have been completely different.

I would have patiently explained that the report of him not being at Dal Ward on Monday was incorrect, Cabral doesn't want a firestorm because he wants to leave a certain way, AllBuffs respects that, and because of this we removed the original thread from the open forum and left only the Appreciation Thread.

That's what I wanted to happen today. Sadly, it wasn't allowed to go down like that.

This is the bottom line and it really does not sped serve much more attention than this. Nik is by far the most upstanding and rationale person one could hope to meet. 2X you are barking up the wrong tree here and I know I am not the only one who will gladly shove one of the branches from the tree right up your rectum (that is better than other words I planned to use). So get out while you can and go play with yourself while sitting in the corner with the little pointy hat on.

****ing douchebag who rides a buttscud

CU2x now you have the full story, as does Aeroxx ether of you can post your thoughts or replies, nothin sinister is a foot.

He also didn't mention firing Bohn or how much worse off we'd be if Bohn had been allowed to hire Troy Calhoun.

Dudley Do-Right would have 0 wins right now. That's a fact and you're gonna like it. Also, fire Bohn for hiring Embree which was my idea, but mostly fire Bohn for being incompetent and letting me get my way.

Because people who expect apologies are self-righteous ****s. And he was super ****y about it. And piling on a super **** is a lot of fun. So shut the **** up and enjoy the fun and the **** or get the **** out. ****.

cu2x, keep posting here. That's some seriously funny **** - you have out-sarcasmed the sarcasers (?).

Back