What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NO facilities announcement until spring

That would be bisonville and its quite active. #1 NDSU has #3 Youngstown at home Saturday. Sacky my man, I live in Colorado every winter. Last one was a bit weak. Abasin at 8am is our mantra. Summers here never suck. Its a paradise. Colorado is a desert after April

Head on down to Playmakers. They might only get three channels, but you're nearly guaranteed to get the Gophers game on the tube.

Sorry to tell ya my friend, Playmakers went away about 4 years ago. We got the dish and everything now. And a team that would beat yours with no problem.

That would be bisonville and its quite active. #1 NDSU has #3 Youngstown at home Saturday. Sacky my man, I live in Colorado every winter. Last one was a bit weak. Abasin at 8am is our mantra. Summers here never suck. Its a paradise. Colorado is a desert after April
Except for when it floods.

Baylor is a private school. I guess you could almost argue that CU is too. But we are not.

It's not just a private school issue. Arguements could be made for public schools who have been able to build successful athletic programs. Oklahoma State & Oregon did it with sugar daddies.

I know. CU doesn't have a Pickens or Knight. Fine

Kansas State did it with grandma Snyder and a greenlight on Jr College players.

Iowa State has an indoor practice facility and a lot of Olympic sports not seen in Boulder. ISU is a member of the AAU. Clearly ISU's leadership is better equipped to deliver facilities (but bassically screwed when it comes to conference allignment.)

Missouri and Arizona are peers of CU. Those two programs have leadership that is ready to spend to win. Both of those schools haven't dragged their feet on facilities enhancements.

Look at Boise ****ing State and Utah. Neither of those schools are private. Both have taken an aggressive stance on athletic success.

I'm not even going to ask CU's leadership to emulate Texas or Ohio State or Alabama or Florida, or Michigan. But it wouldn't break my heart if there was that kind of top tier backing at CU.

In conclusion, DBT. Yes Baylor is a private school with a different set of circumstances. CU does not have the leadership structure of a Baylor or Stanford or Notre Dame or Vanderbilt or Rice or TCU or University of Denver. (Each with varying degrees of emphasis on football).

At the end of day, any school, be they private or public, is capabile of succeeding on the football field. It requires the vision of leadership and the support of the fans. CU's vision is ambiguous to non-commital. And as a result, the CU fans have no clear direction which breeds dispare and resentment.

CU's leaders have been piss poor stewards of Buff football. And that's unacceptable.

Sorry to tell ya my friend, Playmakers went away about 4 years ago. We got the dish and everything now. And a team that would beat yours with no problem.

You say that as if it's supposed to be some kind of brilliant observation. Like I'm supposed to be shocked or surprised in any way. Dude, we suck. We know it. You're not telling us anything we didn't know already. Thanks for playing, though.

Bummer about Playmakers. That was the best (only) bar in town when I lived there.

Oh boy. It floods in April if it floods. Nothing in 2012. 3 straight before that. Wont happen in 13 cuz water levels way down. All feeder lakes at least 4 feet down. The building Playmakers occupied has turned into what they call the Hub. Now its 5 separate bars and a 1500 person concert venue, called surprisingly enough the Venue and a Quaker State restaurant whatever that is. So now you are up to date on that dump. I havent been there since 2005 when my wife hooked up with a Redhawk. Long story. I only hope for the Buffs to return to their glory. I remember the cheer in the early 90's "Lets go Buffalos... All the the way to Orange Bowl" and Lou the dope Holtz said the Buffs were grab bagging. I was there and would be at the Rose Bowl if the University would get their **** together. Im on your side

Oh boy. It floods in April if it floods. Nothing in 2012. 3 straight before that. Wont happen in 13 cuz water levels way down. All feeder lakes at least 4 feet down. The building Playmakers occupied has turned into what they call the Hub. Now its 5 separate bars and a 1500 person concert venue, called surprisingly enough the Venue and a Quaker State restaurant whatever that is. So now you are up to date on that dump. I havent been there since 2005 when my wife hooked up with a Redhawk. Long story. I only hope for the Buffs to return to their glory. I remember the cheer in the early 90's "Lets go Buffalos... All the the way to Orange Bowl" and Lou the dope Holtz said the Buffs were grab bagging. I was there and would be at the Rose Bowl if the University would get their **** together. Im on your side

You suck at trolling

True for 1 year, but as you well know, that won't last for long. You're program's success is a blip on the radar, a fart in the wind in college football history. You are about to learn the cost of success at your level...your coach gets to move on to a bigger paycheck while you are stuck in ND. We live in the Hamptons of college football and you live in the Projects. I'll take my chances with the team that is family to Ralphie the Buffalo.

western north dakota is pretty in places
nature-at-theodore-roosevelt-national-park.jpg

277790-12217-48.jpg

SunsetOnBadlands.jpg

everywhere else, however, is soul crushingly terrible.

If the delay in announcing is simply a matter of getting details taken care of and making sure they are doing it right then I can support that. If it is a matter of trying to down prioritize football and focus attention and resources on other areas then I think it is a huge mistake that will have damaging consequences for both football and the school as a whole.

Rocky being here highlights an important point, although I think he himself would miss it. North Dakota has a few nice characteristics but on the whole (sorry Rocky but time for truth here) sucks and sucks badly. In a time when technological changes allow many people to live wherever they want and when corporate migration is frequent and often directed to where people want to live North Dakota is a clear loser in public opinion. They have huge amounts of cheap land, cheap taxes, a favorable regulatory environment and the entire population of the state is still less than the growth in Colorado in recent years. In fact if it weren't for the Bakken formation and the associated energy development the state would be continuing to lose population.

What is important about this is that in a state like N.D. there is no competition, no pro teams (even close by in adjoining states,) not huge recreational opportunities, etc. They have Bison football in the fall and Soiux hockey in the winter, that's it. CU has to deal with an entirely different environment. The Broncos will always be number 1 here and we also have pro hockey, basketball, baseball, and a number of other pro sports in addition to a variety of college sports on various levels. In addition we have the deciding factor on why many people made the decision to move here, the mountains and all the recreational opportunities that go with them.

CU has to fight for it's market share every day. If we want CU to be relevant in this marketplace we can't let it slide further from the public view because it will be a battle to bring it back. The school has allowed others to steal the spotlight and if it waits to long it may lose the access to the public eye that will allow it to get it back.

We need to make substantial steps in terms of facilities and on the field soon to keep ourselves in the mind of those whose support is critical to the ongoing viability of the program.

Back