What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

No names on the back of jerseys

I'm going to go ahead and put a positive spin on this. Maybe Hawk told the team he was starting Cody unless they took Hansen's name off his jersey.

i looked at the video, and that would be the front of the jersey you are talking about... jerseys look awesome by the way.

There seems to be no end to the nonsense. Shifting the COLORADO from the front to the back?? This can't be.
I sincerely hope this is not the case. Are they trying to look foolish? At some point you have to wonder....

My first thought was that it was kinda cool. not necessary, but whatever I could get behind it.

Then I thought: " how funny it will be when Coach Hawk bitches and complains about "the stupid reads that #7 keeps making", "why can't he see over the damn line", and "all he does is lock onto one receiver play after play, can't he telll that the defense sees that!" and then the realization that it was Cody, of course, and 3 years of our struggles will finally dawn on him.

Well, I secretly wanted Hirschman's 2009 teammate just for the name on the back of his shirt.

The signing day article would have said "La Bouff to be a Buff". Or maybe something truly clever.
Not meant to be.

The title of this photo is:

Hirschman to La Bouff

421321E.jpg

Chris LaBouff. (Not sure where he's at college, no record in Scout or Rivals.)
But he might be playing somewhere, here's a feature story if you are bored: Football Superstar

I can't believe they are putting "Colorado" on the back of the jerseys! Leave it to Bohn and Hawkins to screw something this simple up. If the team doesn't want names on the back then fine don't put the names on the back but leave the rest of the jersey alone. WTF! I think its a slap in the face to the 1990 team by trying to honor them and then put your own little creative tweak on it. Either make the jerseys look like the old ones and go all the way or don't do it at all. Almost all of the best programs in college football and all of sports have the same basic design for their jerseys with little or no changes over the years i.e. - Alabama, USC, Notre Dame, Penn State, Texas, The New York Yankees, Boston Celtics, Boston Red Sox, Dallas Cowboys The Colts, Saints etc, etc - Those jerseys we had in the early 90's were the best look in college football. If they look good and the fans like them then don't change it. I'm tired of the constant tweaks to the uniform over the past 15 years. I hate the new jerseys we have with the small silver 'Colorado' and the urine gold color. The big white Colorado text looks way more intimidating just look at the AW photo. I hope the new coach will go back to the old jerseys WITHOUT the Colorado on the back and just stick with them.

Last edited:
I haven't seen it in print but, if you go on cubuffs.com and watch the stampede the state video Bohn shows the fans the jersey and you can see Colorado on the back. I would be pissed if I was coach Mac, AW, Bienemy or anybody else that was on the team.

I haven't seen it in print but, if you go on cubuffs.com and watch the stampede the state video Bohn shows the fans the jersey and you can see Colorado on the back. I would be pissed if I was coach Mac, AW, Bienemy or anybody else that was on the team.

Well, you aren't them. And I'll bet none of them are "pissed." :smile2:

Well, you aren't them. And I'll bet none of them are "pissed." :smile2:

I never said I was DBT and regardless having the Colorado on the back is not a real representation of the 1990 uniforms and makes it look like ****. Don't worry DBT we all know you are a Hawk lover and he can never do anything wrong or make any mistakes. Save it for somebody else because Hawk sucks and he has the record to prove it.

I never said I was DBT and regardless having the Colorado on the back is not a real representation of the 1990 uniforms and makes it look like ****. Don't worry DBT we all know you are a Hawk lover and he can never do anything wrong or make any mistakes. Save it for somebody else because Hawk sucks and he has the record to prove it.

Wow. 5 posts and already making friends.

First, I would like to point out that you are awfully upset over something ("Colorado" on the back) that is most likely not even true.

Second, in your blame of Hawk and Bohn you seem to have missed the part where this was the players' decision, not the coach or the admin.

First, I would like to point out that you are awfully upset over something ("Colorado" on the back) that is most likely not even true.

Second, in your blame of Hawk and Bohn you seem to have missed the part where this was the players' decision, not the coach or the admin.

--DBT took the first shot at me so of course I'm going to respond. --Go check out the state tour video on cubuffs.com if you don't believe me about the 'Colorado' on the back. I'm not the only one who doesn't like it check the previous threads on this post. Yes, the players voted to have no names on the back but did they also vote to put 'Colorado' on the back? All I'm saying is that the AD missed a great opportunity to do something great to boost fan support for the program with little or no cotroversy, instead they decided to put their own personal touch on it and now you have a portion of fans like myself who have an issue with it. If the Denver Broncos decided to go back to their old orange uniforms this season and they put Broncos on the back you would have a portion of fans that would have the same issue with that. I just giving a point of view from somebody who really appreciates the history and tradition of the program. There would be no beef if they just left the names off and didn't put anything else on the back. All I'm saying if you are going to pay tribute to history do it right. I didn't join the forum to 'make friends' but rather to keep up to date on the buffs and engage in some open honest debate. I don't take shots at posters on this forum unless they do it to me first.

I don't give a **** if the players DID vote to have "COLORADO" on the back -- that is the lamest of the ****ing lame if they do that.

If true, and Colorado is going on the back where the names should be.. well, that just smacks of amateurism. That will look like a hoopty jersey you buy at Wal-Mart. Texas Tech did this in basketball last year and their unis looked like they were made by And1.

If true, and Colorado is going on the back where the names should be.. well, that just smacks of amateurism. That will look like a hoopty jersey you buy at Wal-Mart. Texas Tech did this in basketball last year and their unis looked like they were made by And1.

Thank you!! My high school football team has the team name on the back. I agree with you and Slade.

You know what? I really don't give two s.h.i.t.s about whether this was a players decision or not. If they are using the 1990 jerseys, then they need to use the 1990 jerseys. No messing with them. The inmates do not run the assylum.

So that we can put this to bed, I decided to go straight to the source. This is Dave Plati's response to my question about having "COLORADO" on the back of the jersey in lieu of individual player names. He is quoting the equipment manager:

No, that's never been discussed. What he [beltway buff] saw is the mock-up that Nike did for us. They ALWAYS put the school name on the back, instead of an individual's name, just to show the typeface, etc of the nameplate. So just the number with no name is all that is planned.

Hope you all sleep a little better tonight.

and Beltway, thanks for bringing some sanity to the board, despite what many think, the AD is capable of making well though out ideas.

Back