What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Non-CU: Dez Bryant booted

OKCBuff

(STILLWATER, Okla., Oct. 7, 2009) -- Dez Bryant has been ruled ineligible for a violation of NCAA bylaw 10.1(d).

Oklahoma State University has already begun the process of applying to the NCAA on his behalf for reinstatement.

This incident does not involve anyone associated with the OSU football or athletic department staffs, any employee of the university, alumni, donors, or any third-party affiliated with OSU.

OSU is taking this step because Bryant failed to openly disclose to the NCAA the full details of his interaction with a former NFL player not affiliated with OSU.

The University issued the following statement from Bryant: “I made a mistake by not being entirely truthful when meeting with the NCAA. I sincerely regret my mistake and apologize to my teammates, coaches, OSU fans and the NCAA.”

OSU coach Mike Gundy said: “We are certainly disappointed, but we are moving forward as we would with any challenge during the season.”

Due to the ongoing investigation of this matter, OSU has no additional comment at this time.

Whoa!

EDIT: It could have been worse. It wasn't as if he was eating at the training table with non-scholarship athletes.

Does anybody else remember what happened to OSU's offense last year vs. Oregon when Bryant was out?

(STILLWATER, Okla., Oct. 7, 2009) -- Dez Bryant has been ruled ineligible for a violation of NCAA bylaw 10.1(d).

Oklahoma State University has already begun the process of applying to the NCAA on his behalf for reinstatement.

This incident does not involve anyone associated with the OSU football or athletic department staffs, any employee of the university, alumni, donors, or any third-party affiliated with OSU.

OSU is taking this step because Bryant failed to openly disclose to the NCAA the full details of his interaction with a former NFL player not affiliated with OSU.

The University issued the following statement from Bryant: “I made a mistake by not being entirely truthful when meeting with the NCAA. I sincerely regret my mistake and apologize to my teammates, coaches, OSU fans and the NCAA.”

OSU coach Mike Gundy said: “We are certainly disappointed, but we are moving forward as we would with any challenge during the season.”

Due to the ongoing investigation of this matter, OSU has no additional comment at this time.

Link your ****, ****stick.

gotta give Gundy credit, he doesn't appear to take any mess (to paraphrase the Godfather of Soul)...first thing he did when he got the job was run off a bunch of Miles' bad actors and criminals. Many of whom were starters.

this is assuming this was in a decision in which he had latitude.

Back