What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Not a sound strategy by Cody

The day the press starts treating CU and CSU the same will be a bad day for CU. Expectations are higher here. CU is the more high-profile program. It's supposed to be tougher here. That comes with the territory. I'm not concerned about the disparate treatment afforded Fairchild. If anybody really cared about CSU, it would be a different story. I'm fully content to keep things the way they are, with CSU being an afterthought.

EDIT: I think the mistake here was giving an interview to ESPN but not the local rags. That's what makes CH look petty and weak. He should have either cut off all media requests or taken all media requests. Picking and choosing who you want to talk to is the BS move, IMO.

True. That is very weak.

I gotta agree with buffaholic though. The AD cannot seem to get out of its own way half the time when it comes to the press. They HAD to know this was going to come off looking bad for them and yet they do not seem to care.

Plati is still scouring game footage trying to count up all the people who wore blue at the A&M game. He can't be bothered with actual public relations.

When it comes to dealing with issues like how to repond to the press, I realize kids this age have a different perception of how to be professional. But toting his dads line as how to respond to the media and choosing which media outlet, is petty. I know CH is hurt by the press his dad has had, but did he expect everybody to heap praise on him when he did well and keep their mouths shut when they screw up! This ain't intramurals brother! Its the B12!!!

All I know is we win 8 or 9 games last year, not much would be said. Especially when the "10 wins and no excuses" thing came out. I dont know how it was said or for what purpose, all I do know is winning games shuts people of criticism up unless they catch you cheating or something. Maybe they are better off shutting the hell up and showing us something for a change? You know like not getting beat 57-0 by Missouri.

There was bad news throughout that article, enough to leave me in disgust. I'm fine w/ Cody not talking to the media, as long as it is optional for all players to do so. Frankly, I'd probably do the same thing.

Another lovely story. First time in over 20 years I've been paying attention to this team that I just don't want to pay attention. Hawk is making me start to miss Slick Rick.

There was bad news throughout that article, enough to leave me in disgust. I'm fine w/ Cody not talking to the media, as long as it is optional for all players to do so. Frankly, I'd probably do the same thing.

I'm not. Just because it goes so totally against Hawl's whole schtick of accountability, stand up, stick your chin out, firm handshake, blah blah blah. If he lets any of his players, especially his own kid, run and hide when things get tough, he completely tosses all that **** out the window. At that point there is officially nothing left for Hawk's defenders in the administration to hang their hats on...

I'm not. Just because it goes so totally against Hawl's whole schtick of accountability, stand up, stick your chin out, firm handshake, blah blah blah. If he lets any of his players, especially his own kid, run and hide when things get tough, he completely tosses all that **** out the window. At that point there is officially nothing left for Hawk's defenders in the administration to hang their hats on...

Don't we have the team GPA thing, or are we awating sanctions from the NCAA on that front, too?

I cannot think of a single thing which Hawk deserves praise for at this point. There might be some I can't think of, but I'm being serious.

Hawk has been shown to be full of BS on that score for quite a while now. It's all just soundbite BS he throws against the wall. one times a mistake, twice is a behavior (unless you are Simas), meet adversity head on, get your horns out (unless you are CH and you don't want to talk to the media), recruit the "right kind of kid" (I'll let you guess on that one), 10 wins no excuses (wait 3-9? we're young, GB burned the place to the ground), either you are trying to win a natl. title or you aren't (hey now I'm a study hall monitor and I shoud be congratulated for the team GPA)...he's just full of crap and quotes obscure stuff to make people think he's intelligent, when in reality, he isn't and his luck has run out....

Look at the bright side, at least we wont have to listen to his bs excuses after he throws 50 times and 4 picks in a game. I have a bad feeling about who is gonna trot out against CSU. It's all about winning, I dont see why either Hawk is surprised by the treatment. Comes with the territory, cant handle it? Quit and we'll find someone else.

Cody should transfer or quit if he doesn't like the heat Dad is getting. If he doesn't like the treatment of his father by the media and fans now, it's going to get much, much worse from this point forward if the buffs don't overachieve and nab 7-8 wins this season -- especially without many signs of offensive improvement this spring. He and his dad have had than their fair shot to play with the big boys, it's time for them to move on.

How can everyone involved be this stupid? I'm starting to think that not only should Hawk be fired, but the entire CU AD.

Don't we have the team GPA thing, or are we awating sanctions from the NCAA on that front, too?

I cannot think of a single thing which Hawk deserves praise for at this point. There might be some I can't think of, but I'm being serious.

What about those badass visors some players get to wear during the spring...Hawk's idea.

If some reporter wrote something bad about my dad and then tried to interview me, I'd tell him I have nothing to say to him.

So I don't have a problem with this from a family perspective.

But what I do have a problem with is how this is another example of how bringing that dynamic into the team environment causes a problem. If Misti or any of their other children declined interviews with the sports media because they were upset about how Dan was being treated, I believe that just about everyone would understand. But Cody's a 3-year starting quarterback for the state university's football team. That makes things different. It has made things different in the locker room, in recruiting, in the media and in the social lives of players since the Hawkins made the decision to be a father-son duo at CU. Not much good has come out of that decision. In fact, it's looking a bit like a Greek tragedy.

My issue isn't really with Cody not giving interviews, it's that they come right out and tell us why he's not doing interviews. Sure, we could have assumed why, but what's to gain from them telling us? Hell, I honestly thought Cody was staying out of the spotlight to give it to Tyler.

Gotta love the attitude that it is anyone and everyone's fault BUT Dan that Dan can't coach.

All I know is we win 8 or 9 games last year, not much would be said. Especially when the "10 wins and no excuses" thing came out. I dont know how it was said or for what purpose, all I do know is winning games shuts people of criticism up unless they catch you cheating or something. Maybe they are better off shutting the hell up and showing us something for a change? You know like not getting beat 57-0 by Missouri.

This ^^

What do they expect? When you have nothing but losing seasons, the reasons will be explored. What the hell should the reporters write about, blue eyes and puppy dog tails? C'mon, Cody, even a kid like you can understand this...

When you are 16-33 and have spewed the same BS every off-season, you're going to get backlash. The Hawk family must think this is idaho. Hawk has earned the criticism he has recieved. Cody is a class act but this is lame. Back-up qb's don't usually say much anyway so....

I think Dan feels he has 20 years to turn it around and there is no way in hell this guy can stop and think that 16-33 with no winning seasons and no bowl wins doesn't deserve some backlash. Win and back up some of that talk and things will change,until thin,he will not recieve the benefit of the doubt.

CU doesn´t only need a new coach, but it also needs a new PR department.

Back