What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Not so fast, my friend ... (was: P12 finalizing details ....)

hooray.gif

Agree this could easily be a negotiating ploy. But I think regardless, Okie now faces some severe retribution from Texass as Texass gloats about Okie having no options and Texass has no incentive to change LHN. If Okie was the obstacle in P12 expansion, this will certainly make them reconsider. But I don't think they were the obstacle. I think more likely this simply is the result of Texass not wanting to compromise on LHN and the Okies simply not being attractive enough to push the conference to an unwieldy P14.

Agree this could easily be a negotiating ploy. But I think regardless, Okie now faces some severe retribution from Texass as Texass gloats about Okie having no options and Texass has no incentive to change LHN. If Okie was the obstacle in P12 expansion, this will certainly make them reconsider. But I don't think they were the obstacle. I think more likely this simply is the result of Texass not wanting to compromise on LHN and the Okies simply not being attractive enough to push the conference to an unwieldy P14.

That would be a huge mistake. It wouldn't surprise me though.

So, does this mean we get to enjoy the drama back east with no worries about it crossing into our boarders? :woot:

You don't think Okie is now target No. 1 for the SEC's 14th team?

Could be Larry just didn't want the invitation to the PAC to be used as a negotiating tool by anyone. Larry Scott isn't playing games. If you are not for real then get the f*** out!

I think a lot of this realignment is now on hold. Mizz and Okie are going to be prime targets for Texass retribution. It's not a question of wise or not, it's an issue of revenge. Okie directly threatened Beebe. The guy that now sits there as commish without any fear of losing his job. C'mon we all know how this worked out for Nebraska and they weren't half as rebellious as Okie.

Only way I see realignment fire back up this season is if SEC decides to go balls to the wall and add TAMU, Mizz, and the Okies and willingly meet Ken Starr in court. I think that's a low probability event.

Only unresolved issue now is what happens to the BigEast. Logically it should merge with the Little9 (TAMU I think goes indy for a year), and form the the first superconference - one that actually threatens the P12's seat in a 4x16 configuration. But with Texass running rampant and in no mood for compromise, will other schools really want to enter that morass?

I think this is a further nail in the 4X16 conference idea. Rather I think we now will move to a moded with 5 conferences of between 12-16 teams. If, and I hope it doesn't happen, we go to a playoff this gives an 8 team bracket, 5 conference champions and 3 at-large teams.

Hope 4x16 doesn't happen. I want a playoff, but I don't like the homogeneous nature of the NFL like 4x16... Hope College gets to keep its crazy conferences while still having a playoff.

They might be -- but OU/OSU are a package deal, and frankly OU wants NO PART of the SEC. OU wants a conference it can dominate. It can't dominate the SEC. OU would lose a couple games every year in the SEC. The road to the BCS championship in the SEC is much much much much much x eleventy-billion more difficult in the SEC as compared to the Big 12.

Back