What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Not sure how it happened

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
But thinking about the season this morning and it hit me: we are making a bowl game this season. I have spent all offseason very pessimistic and finding very little reason to believe we can get to six wins.

But I have done a 180 in about 48 hours and I do not think it is pure preseason kool-aid either. This team has just enough to win six games and it will happen.

But thinking about the season this morning and it hit me: we are making a bowl game this season. I have spent all offseason very pessimistic and finding very little reason to believe we can get to six wins.

But I have done a 180 in about 48 hours and I do not think it is pure preseason kool-aid either. This team has just enough to win six games and it will happen.

I tend to agree with you primarily because our weak OOC schedule sets us up.

:gobuffs:

I agree though. I see the wins being against CSU, Sac State, Fresno, ASU, UA, Utah but we could also steal one against WSU or maybe an upset at home. I think we'll see a much, much, more physical, stronger, and faster team this fall.

Let us know when you sober up.

Where do you see the six wins coming from, and what brought about the sudden change?

cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Hope springs eternal! :thumbsup:

I have no idea what that actually means, but I've heard it said. :huh:

I listened to Embree on the radio yesterday with Alfred. The one take away, they are going to be a better football team. Maybe not more talented but they are going to get after it better. Embree has said several times that him and his staff did not get o focus on football as much as they would like to last year and had to focus on culture and mind set...he felt that was behind this team.

I think they will go to a bowl game...

We get to six wins because the schedule is soft and because the gap between the "haves" and "have nots" in the PAC-12 is huge. We will still get worked over in a handful games and probably will lose a game in inexplicable fashion. All we are talking about is starting 3-0 and then going 3-6 in conference play.

Is this team any more dysfunctional than the 2008 or 2010 teams? Not at all, and those teams should have been bowl teams with better coaching.

In Phil Steele's football preview, the only comment he has for the Stanford game is that "The home team is 6-1". Chock up one more in the win column.

This normally happens this time of year, and my feeling is the heat is to blame. It is so fuccking hot that wierd oasises start to form. This is not uncommon, nor is it only a Colorado thing. Add in a little humidity and some really crazy thoughts start to surface:

Dr. Tom is the poster child for running a clean program

I would rather have a cow as our mascot than a buffalo anyday. Look how well Bevo ****s all over the field!

Waco is a much better city than boulder, and everyone in the country knows it except those idiots in Colorado!

My advice would be to spend about 12 hours in a walk in freezer. If you still have the same thoughts afterward then I am on board!!!

:gobuffs:

I agree though. I see the wins being against CSU, Sac State, Fresno, ASU, UA, Utah but we could also steal one against WSU or maybe an upset at home. I think we'll see a much, much, more physical, stronger, and faster team this fall.

i'm looking at 6 wins too, but i think wazzu is gonna be an easier win than fresno state...it is going to come down to the utes game in folsom though. i'm betting embo is circling that as our red letter game this year...

This normally happens this time of year, and my feeling is the heat is to blame. It is so fuccking hot that wierd oasises start to form. This is not uncommon, nor is it only a Colorado thing. Add in a little humidity and some really crazy thoughts start to surface:

Dr. Tom is the poster child for running a clean program

I would rather have a cow as our mascot than a buffalo anyday. Look how well Bevo ****s all over the field!

Waco is a much better city than boulder, and everyone in the country knows it except those idiots in Colorado!

My advice would be to spend about 12 hours in a walk in freezer. If you still have the same thoughts afterward then I am on board!!!

insanity!!

6 wins. but a loss to the Utes. They are too good this year.

not me. when i start to feel amped, i remind myself how jacked up i have gotten the past six years, only to be humbled and wondering what my place in the world is.

Back