What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Not sure how it happened

If we do end up getting to 6 wins I think it'll be CSU, Sac St, WSU, ASU, UW, and Utah.

Decent chance that we'll be heading into the Utah game with bowl eligibility on the line for the final game for the 4th time in 6 seasons (headed into Nebraska game 5-6 in '07, 08 and '10). I think I'll stick with 5-7 for my prediction mainly because I think it probably would involve a 4-0 start to get there, and I just don't see us winning at both Fresno and Wazzu. Think we **** one of those up.

Last edited:
Let us know if you ever figure that out...
Napoleon-Dynamite-napoleon-dynamite.gif

I am fully expecting that we win a game this year that most of us wouldn't expect us to at this point (not talking USC, Oregon type game but a game we are significant underdogs) and at the same time we lose one that we look back on and say we shouldn't have.

I am fully expecting that we win a game this year that most of us wouldn't expect us to at this point (not talking USC, Oregon type game but a game we are significant underdogs) and at the same time we lose one that we look back on and say we shouldn't have.

Often tends to work out that way, like drop a Fresno and win a Washington.

For me, the key game of the season will be the ASU game. A lot of emotion going to be riding on that game with the national TV exposure and blackout atmosphere. Add in we will be coming off a bye week and it comes before the hardest three-game stretch of the year, almost makes it a must win.

For me, the key game of the season will be the ASU game. A lot of emotion going to be riding on that game with the national TV exposure and blackout atmosphere. Add in we will be coming off a bye week and it comes before the hardest three-game stretch of the year, almost makes it a must win.

And thus, the game I have chosen to attend. Huge.

People do forget we should have been 5-8 last year. We lost to WSU and Cal in inexplicable fashion at the end of both of those games after leading for 3 quarters. Is this team one win better against a softer schedule? I honestly think it is. We have to start no worse than 4-2 though. We go into the meat grinder part of our schedule at 3-3 or 2-4 and we have no shot.

Doesn't it make sense to wait until a starting QB named before we start predicting victories?

Doesn't it make sense to wait until a starting QB named before we start predicting victories?

Not really, we played two QBs in both 2008 and 2010, neither being a world beater. Yet we had very good shots at getting to bowl games (including a tougher schedule in 2008.

I don't see how this team is going to score points or stop other teams from scoring a LOT of points.

To be fair we should've lost the Utah game.
Perhaps but we outplayed Utah most of the game. They missed some fgs but we had a td called back and Hansen threw a bad pick. All in all, I think it evened out a bit. I listened to the last cause I was going to get my son, I almost needed my insurance and a neck brace that day.

Saying we should have won 5 is ridiculous, we didn't have the talent to hold those close games. And getting after it better doesn't increase our experience or talent this year, either. I like Embree, but he also has a lot to prove as a HC. I'm not drinking the Koolaid yet, and I do think that's what this is.

We could have won the Cal game, they had like a 1st and 30 in OT. The Wazzu game, we just ****ed up. Stay deeper than the deepest, dont wanna hear it Rugged lol, crippled or not its a must. Looking back, they only ran that to open like a deep square in, only problem is Perk too the bait. I wouldnt doubt we make a bowl, if u really look at all of it, its possible.

If the staff thought we "should win 6 games", they'd have picked a higher internal goal.

We should win the first two.
Every other team has less talent voids coming into the fall than CU.
Plenty of new staffs, which can be good or bad in year one.

Some or all our voids will be filled by true frosh.
Some of these teams will be good right away with new staffs.

How those 2 items play out will be the key, along with QB play (big ?).

In final 10 games, we can compete with all but 3, maybe 4.
I see one road victory perhaps two.
I see 1- 2 home wins.
We "should win" 3-5 games, call it 4, with 6 a huge season.

Winning three or four games with this schedule would be a failure. Five would be a bit disappointing, but you could see steps in the right direction. We have more conference home games this season, three winnable road games (Fresno, Wazzu, Arizona), and a bye week. I think it probably will come down to the Utah game for five or six wins. This coaching staff needs to show much more than last season.

Winning three or four games with this schedule would be a failure. Five would be a bit disappointing, but you could see steps in the right direction. We have more conference home games this season, three winnable road games (Fresno, Wazzu, Arizona), and a bye week. I think it probably will come down to the Utah game for five or six wins. This coaching staff needs to show much more than last season.

I picked us to win 5 (4 last season). I think you are dead on about the staff.. If we are gonna have any hope that they are the real deal we need to see serious improvement across the board, especially late in the season

I picked us to win 5 (4 last season). I think you are dead on about the staff.. If we are gonna have any hope that they are the real deal we need to see serious improvement across the board, especially late in the season

I am going with six (obviously), but five would be a decent bet as well. Anything less than five would give me serious doubts that we have the right coaching staff. Five to six wins is not very hard with a 12-game schedule.

I am going with six (obviously), but five would be a decent bet as well. Anything less than five would give me serious doubts that we have the right coaching staff. Five to six wins is not very hard with a 12-game schedule.
I'm really hoping we finally kick the crippling injuries bug. Not only will it nose dive this season, it will make it very difficult to evaluate the staff. I really have no idea how good a defensive coordinator Greg Brown is after last season. And even if this staff has some of what it takes, another really bad year would probably end this staff's chances at turning it around. Recruiting would be horrible (well, it already isn't good).

I'm really hoping we finally kick the crippling injuries bug. Not only will it nose dive this season, it will make it very difficult to evaluate the staff. I really have no idea how good a defensive coordinator Greg Brown is after last season. And even if this staff has some of what it takes, another really bad year would probably end this staff's chances at turning it around. Recruiting would be horrible (well, it already isn't good).

I have to disagree here. I think this year we are starting to see some of that mojo they were supposed to have come through. Its tough to recruit with a 3 win season. Really tough. But they are recruiting a ton of 3* talent. The type of talent that makes up the bulk of every BCS roster. Mac did the same thing his first few years. The fact we are being seriously considered by some 4* talent tells me we are getting close. Real close. We make a bowl game this year and watch out. Have to remember as much as we all love the buffs, they have not been nationally relevant since these 18 year olds were 6...

I have to disagree here. I think this year we are starting to see some of that mojo they were supposed to have come through. Its tough to recruit with a 3 win season. Really tough. But they are recruiting a ton of 3* talent. The type of talent that makes up the bulk of every BCS roster. Mac did the same thing his first few years. The fact we are being seriously considered by some 4* talent tells me we are getting close. Real close. We make a bowl game this year and watch out. Have to remember as much as we all love the buffs, they have not been nationally relevant since these 18 year olds were 6...
good for a ****** program does not mean it is good.

With our schedule we should be a 7+ win team this season. Anything less and the team quit on itself and the team Embo is building are not quitters.

good for a ****** program does not mean it is good.

I can honestly say you lost me here. Whose program? ours? We are lucky to be getting some of the talent that we are. I do know that some only have us as a BCS offer, but some are choosing us over some other middle of the road BCS teams. That shows progress to me. We aren't middle of the road any more. Not yet. We have to work our way back up the ladder and I think Embo is doing it the right way. He is building that solid depth that needs to be there to be able to return to the top and compete with the big boys. You get the solid depth and then add in a couple stars here and there and you have something big. We all expected this staff to come in and blow it out of the water in recruiting, but one of the most recent memorable games before Embo got here, was the epic meltdown at Kansas. That **** was all over sportscenter. You think any recruit wants to come play for that team? Not to mention the loss to Cal in 2010. Embree and staff are doing some good work given what they have to go off of. A 3 win season and a possible new training facility that will maybe be done by the time they graduate. I think recruiting is going a lot better than it appears on the surface. We aren't landing the big names and blue chippers like we thought we would, but we are building some solid depth. Now if we make and win a bowl game and we don't see a huge uptick then I will start to worry.

Also regardless of perfomance this year I think embo has till 2014. That is when all of the pieces should come together and we should have a very good understanding of what we have at coach and how effective our system is. If things keep on the trajectory I see, and we get dillon in there at QB soon, we could be a threat in the South in 2014.

Last edited:
Back