What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Notre Dame student dies off a collapsing tower that was used to film fb practice

On some of these lifts, you get on them at ground level and they scissor up to their height. Like a cherry picker, there is no ladder down.
Like this one (similar to what CU uses):
scissorplatform-05.jpg

If that's the case, he could not have climbed down, he would have to be dependent on somebody lowering him. I don't know that is what happened, but it is true for some camera platforms. We don't know whether or not he was calling or texting or asking anyone to LOWER him, either.

Somebody on the ground should have been aware of the danger. There should be a maximum wind allowed.

Very very sad news.

On all the scissor lifts Ive worked on, the wind would have to be higher than 60. Anything about what kind of lift this was?

Guess it just depends on the type, either way, this shouldnt have happened. He should have had fall equipment, just in case. Thats code for working at heights 6ft or over here, I havent worked in Indiana. Did the thing tip or did he fall off it? I guess it did tip, just read it. I hope it wasnt the lift I think it was.

I saw a photo of the thing tipped. It was one of those tall scissors -- he was probably 50-60 feet in the air.

Back