What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

November 6th Polls

If Alabama is ahead of Okie Light or Stanford then we should just change the BCS system to put the top two SEC teams at 1 and 2 automatically every year, and put everyone else behind....

It would be ludicrous for Alabama (or any one loss SEC team) to be ranked higher than an undefeated team from the Pac, Big 12 or BigX.

It wouldn't surprise me if the BCS poll did it, but that is another reason why it should go. The BCS system has done very little to help determine a true MNC. Only a playoff system would do that...

If Alabama is ahead of Okie Light or Stanford then we should just change the BCS system to put the top two SEC teams at 1 and 2 automatically every year, and put everyone else behind....

It would be ludicrous for Alabama (or any one loss SEC team) to be ranked higher than an undefeated team from the Pac, Big 12 or BigX.

It wouldn't surprise me if the BCS poll did it, but that is another reason why it should go. The BCS system has done very little to help determine a true MNC. Only a playoff system would do that...

Agreed, but what about a bunch of 1 loss teams? Thats what I think the main discussion is now.

Where am I saying it should be? I am merely saying what my impression is. Learn to read.

Where did I say you said that? I was simply asking a question for your opinion. Learn how to read sally, or clean out your vag. Why attack me for asking an opinion. I'm not accusing you or against you.

Too lazy to look it up, but I wonder what the tiebreaker is for the SEC when it comes to the championship game. If Arky beats LSU, we are talking a likely three-way tie at the top of the West.

Agreed, but what about a bunch of 1 loss teams? Thats what I think the main discussion is now.

Simple solution. A playoff system:nod:

It's the only way to figure it out instead of voting for it. Let the game be determined on the field, not in the polls... And I agree with you that teams that do not win their own conference should never be in the MNC title game...

Too lazy to look it up, but I wonder what the tiebreaker is for the SEC when it comes to the championship game. If Arky beats LSU, we are talking a likely three-way tie at the top of the West.

Great question, I don't have a clue. What a mess that would be. Wasn't there something like this for the Big 12 north several years ago when CU went? Between like CU, ISU and Mizzou. I don't remember how that worked out.

Where did I say you said that? I was simply asking a question for your opinion. Learn how to read sally, or clean out your vag. Why attack me for asking an opinion. I'm not accusing you or against you.

The way you asked the question by saying "should be" confused me. My impression is that when teams from the 4 power conferences have similar records, the pollsters tend to go SEC > B1G > B12 > P12.

A. Combined head-to-head record among the tied teams.
B. Record of the tied teams within the division.
C. Head-to-head competition vs. the team within the division with the best overall (divisional and non-divisional) Conference record and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken from first to last.
D. Overall record vs. non-division teams.
E. Combined record vs. all common non-divisional reams.
F. Record vs. common non-divisional team with the best overall: Conference (divisional and non-divisional) record and proceeding through other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within their division.
G The tied team with the highest ranking in the BCS Standings following the last weekend of regular-season games shall be divisional representatives in the SEC Championship Game, unless the second of the tied teams is ranked five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked teams shall determine the representative in the SEC Championship Game.

It's the only way to figure it out instead of voting for it. Let the game be determined on the field, not in the polls... And I agree with you that teams that do not win their own conference should never be in the MNC title game...

Yep, thats why I am rooting for Houston/Boise (although I realize it wont happen)

Great question, I don't have a clue. What a mess that would be. Wasn't there something like this for the Big 12 north several years ago when CU went? Between like CU, ISU and Mizzou. I don't remember how that worked out.

I remember the 3 way tie between 1 loss UT, OU and Tech with all their losses coming against each other

No team should ever be allowed in the NC without winning their conference or even being in their conference championship. I don't care if Alabama is the second best team they had their shot and they lost, another team needs to get a shot. Any of you who are calling for a rematch... did you also think Nebraska deserved to be in the 01-02 NC? Didn't think so.

No team should ever be allowed in the NC without winning their conference or even being in their conference championship. I don't care if Alabama is the second best team they had their shot and they lost, another team needs to get a shot. Any of you who are calling for a rematch... did you also think Nebraska deserved to be in the 01-02 NC? Didn't think so.

I don't view the controversy in 2001 in the same light as the current situation. Not even close really.

The way you asked the question by saying "should be" confused me. My impression is that when teams from the 4 power conferences have similar records, the pollsters tend to go SEC > B1G > B12 > P12.

I think in general pollsters would put SEC>BigX=BigXII> Pac. Amazing that an undefeated Auburn was left out a few years ago...

Or in 2003, Oklahoma coming off a 42-7 beatdown at the hands of KSU in the CCG and getting in ahead of an unbeaten Auburn team.

I think in general pollsters would put SEC>BigX=BigXII> Pac. Amazing that an undefeated Auburn was left out a few years ago...

It also seems to go in circles a bit. 2006 and 2007 you had SEC v B1G NCG matchups, then 2 SEC v Big 12 matchups in 2008 and 2009 and then finally a SEC v Pac matchup last January. Going by this, it´s the Pac´s turn to challenge the SEC again this year.

So only Conference winners make it to the playoffs? Even if it is a 7-6 UCLA (or whoever..) team who won their conference?

-- I'm a Guy On A Buffalo --

So only Conference winners make it to the playoffs? Even if it is a 7-6 UCLA (or whoever..) team who won their conference?

I think conference winners should get an automatic berth, and there should be some *other* spots as well for BCS teams at large and possible undefeated non-BCS teams...

How much longer will the SEC dominate? Here are the top conferences the past 5 decades (according to most national championships in each decade). What conference will be the next to have a run? And I don't think we'll see another run like we've seen from the SEC the last 5 years.

00's: SEC with 6 from 4 teams
90's: Big 8/12 with 4 from 2 teams
80's: Independents with 6 from 3 teams (Penn state and Miami were independents in the 80's)
70's: Big 8 with 4 from 2 teams
60's: SEC with 3 from 1 team

Conference winner from each BCS conference and then 2 at large bids makes an 8 team playoff.

Last edited:
How much longer will the SEC dominate? Here are the top conferences the past 5 decades (according to most national championships in each decade). What conference will be the next to have a run? And I don't think we'll see another run like we've seen from the SEC the last 5 years.

The Pac has a good shot with the money that´s coming.

BCS standings: 1 LSU, 2 Okla St, 3 Alabama, 4 Stanford, 5 Boise, 6 Oklahoma, 7 Oregon, 8 Arkansas, 9 Clemson, 10 Va Tech

These standings are good news because it goes a long way to keeping an undeserving Boise team out of the NC game. LSU and OSU obviously control their own destinies as they aren't going to lose their spots because they both have games against top 10 teams left. And before all the Pac-12 "culturists" get bent out of shape about Stanford being behind Bama, calm down because Stanford still has a game against Oregon that if they win would most likely jump them over Bama.

And if OSU loses to OU and Stanford loses to Oregon (which they will), I wouldn't be surprised to see OU vault into the #2 spot.

I just think it's funny how we have always heard that it's better to lose early in the year than late. Yet, 2 teams with recent losses (OU and Bama) are ahead of a team that hasn't lost since week 1 (Oregon).

I just think it's funny how we have always heard that it's better to lose early in the year than late. Yet, 2 teams with recent losses (OU and Bama) are ahead of a team that hasn't lost since week 1 (Oregon).

Body of work, my friend, body of work.

Back