What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Now its time for football.

I understand your point but at some ppoint cu has to have a winning season and get things turned around. 2012 with the weak OCS should give this team plenty of chances to go to a bowl game, improve recruiting and get things turned around.

Put it this way: if we only win three again, I will be very concerned. If we win five and just miss out on a bowl, I am not going to freak out one way or the other. If make a bowl, I will be happy but still expecting a big 2013 season. No matter what happens this season, 2013 will tell us just about everything we need to know about this coaching staff.

The thing that irks me is the low expectations. This program will never rise to where we want it if we can't get and keep our expectations high.

Does it piss you off when a poster defends the coaching staff at each and every turn throughout a 3-10 season?

Put it this way: if we only win three again, I will be very concerned. If we win five and just miss out on a bowl, I am not going to freak out one way or the other. If make a bowl, I will be happy but still expecting a big 2013 season. No matter what happens this season, 2013 will tell us just about everything we need to know about this coaching staff.

Does it piss you off when a poster defends the coaching staff at each and every turn throughout a 3-10 season?

It pisses me off when people attack the coaches without realizing the situation. I realize that can be flipped around against my argument but I think, and always will have high expectations for CU athletics. I will defend Embree and staff until they give me a reason not to. They were thrown into a very rough situation and the injuries just compounded that.

Would be nice if we had baseball to hold us over a little. Whatever.

I think that the buffs can go to a bowl game next year, and call it a down year at the same time. The team will be very young, but at the same time with proper stratigy, preperation, coaching, and execution the team should be able to find 6 wins. The 3 OCC games are a must/gimmie this year. Last year they won 2 conference games, and gave the WSU game away. Winning 3 of 9 conference games should be a minimum even in a down year.

I know there are question at many key positions, and will happen every year.

It pisses me off when people attack the coaches without realizing the situation. I realize that can be flipped around against my argument but I think, and always will have high expectations for CU athletics. I will defend Embree and staff until they give me a reason not to. They were thrown into a very rough situation and the injuries just compounded that.

So you have high expectations, but 3-10 is not only acceptable, but should be vehemently defended. Thanks for clearing it all up.

:lol: Sorry, didn't intend for it to go THIS way.

I understand people are frustrated (I am as well), but is it really that hard to believe that people might think we will struggle some this season due to the youth and depth issues? We should have high expectations for football, I just have no idea how anyone can attach expectations to this team as currently constructed. None of the manufactured expectations on this board will make a damn difference come this fall.

I understand people are frustrated (I am as well), but is it really that hard to believe that people might think we will struggle some this season due to the youth and depth issues? We should have high expectations for football, I just have no idea how anyone can attach expectations to this team as currently constructed. None of the manufactured expectations on this board will make a damn difference come this fall.

Very true, but you know me, it's been 6 years and after finally getting rid of coach simple jack,I expect better. No worries,it was a great suprise for bb season and hopefully we'll have some good suprises for football season.

I honestly think it will be a fun season to watch. I am excited to see the growth of so many young players and I can see an actual plan on how the coaches are building the team. If we can get a few key players to accelerate their growth, Buffs fans should be really happy by the end of the season. It would not be totally unexpected to see the football team exceed expectations.

So you have high expectations, but 3-10 is not only acceptable, but should be vehemently defended. Thanks for clearing it all up.
No it's not acceptable at all but I will defend Embree and staff because they weren't given anything to work with and it just got worse as the year went on. If 3-10 is ever acceptable for anything, I would stop watching sports.

I really want to see somewhere around 5-6 wins along with lots of improvement from the young players as the season progresses, I also REALLY REALLY want to see EB show that he can consistently do some solid gameplanning and playcalling. Oh ya, and that Brown isn't awful as a DC.

Very true, but you know me, it's been 6 years and after finally getting rid of coach simple jack,I expect better. No worries,it was a great suprise for bb season and hopefully we'll have some good suprises for football season.

I think we are going to see real and significant progress with the football team this year but we are also going to have to have patience.

The basketball program under Ricardo was probably in a comparable situation to what the football program was at the end under Hawkins. The big difference is in basketball you have a roster of 12-13 kids and regularly play anywhere from 7-9. Change out 3-4 players and you have effectively changed half your team. In basketball as well freshman can be more ready to play and one or two dominant players can turn a loser into a competitive team.

In football your change process is much slower since you have a lot more players and they take longer to contribute. Football is also much less impacted by a few top players being more team dependant.

All of us want the football team to win and I do think that Embree and staff are the right ones to move us that way but as much as we wish otherwise it is going to take some time to get the program where it should be.

Boy, you sure have faith in CU, keep blaming hawk and before you die, maybe cu can scratch out a 7-5 season.

Good lord, expect better than this BS for once!!!!!!!!

i have all the faith in the world in CU and Embree. I just acknowledge what they are faced with and base my expectations on that. :thumbsup:

Things I expect:

1) At least a good offensive line. Run and pass blocking better be much improved.
2) 5 wins minimum. While I don't expect many more wins than 5, we better at least get there.
3) No more ridiculous blowouts. We need to be competitive in nearly every game.
4) Improved road performance.
5) Much more nasty. We better start hitting people on defense and I want to see some nasty blocking on offense.

I understand we are young and depth is an issue, but I think what I wrote above are reasonable expectations. If we see 3 wins, then we have to start questioning everything.

5) Much more nasty. We better start hitting people on defense and I want to see some nasty blocking on offense.

[video=youtube;QGzeR7ovqj4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGzeR7ovqj4&feature=related[/video]

****ing refs.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;QGzeR7ovqj4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGzeR7ovqj4&feature=related[/video]

****ing refs.

That was a great hit and I don't think there was a single member of the CU football team that didn't think so. I will take that 15 yards if its called. It sucks that a legal hit was flagged, but sends a message to the Utah receivers that you do not want to come over the middle. I hate it when DB's head hunt, but if you make a great hit legally, the lasting effect is much more important than that 15 yards. Preferably do this in the first quarter of the game and the receiver thinks about it the rest of the game.

That was a great hit and I don't think there was a single member of the CU football team that didn't think so. I will take that 15 yards if its called. It sucks that a legal hit was flagged, but sends a message to the Utah receivers that you do not want to come over the middle. I hate it when DB's head hunt, but if you make a great hit legally, the lasting effect is much more important than that 15 yards. Preferably do this in the first quarter of the game and the receiver thinks about it the rest of the game.

You make that hit every time. Penalty or not, the receivers start thinking about it.

Such a bu***hit call.

What I want to see from the students is the same commitment they showed during basketball season. Getting there early. cheering on the team no matter what. Staying to the end of the game. Some type of coordination among the students. Idk maybe Bohn can use that reward program, that was so successful for basketball, at folsom.

Football is a very different animal from basketball. 100 students can make a huge difference in a basketball arena. In a football stadium, they don't register. It's harder to get 10,000 students to make the commitment to the football team than to get 500 students to make the commitment to the basketball team. Basketball games are shorter. They're indoors. It will be difficult to translate the student support that we've seen for the basketball games to the football games.

That said, I think it would be very wise for the AD to start cultivating the same kind of passion and commitment from the students. They've done a fantastic job of creating a connection between the students and the basketball team. They can reproduce that kind of connection to the football program.

[video]http://www.cubuffs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=0&id=818006[/video]

the hit at 2:10 still gives me goosebumps lol

Last edited:
Students in folsom before kickoff get a reward point. 2 points (free chipotle gift card), 3 points (free tshirt), 4 points (free gym shorts) 5 points (free jersey) 6 points (free hoodie)

Also having free food for them before the game would help, along with making it easier for them to get into the stadium. The student entrance is a mess

Back