What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Now its time for football.

Honestly, I'm not worried about the students getting into football, as soon as this team can get to a bowl game the interest will be back. The problem is these kids haven't seen any tangible signs of improvement in 6 years. The C-Unit started in '04 and only just started catching on last year once the team started to win. CU fans are dying for a winner right now in a big time sport evident by the great turn out in Albuquerque. Embo will get us there and when he does the people will go crazy.

Hmmmm, let's see. Free hot dogs and chips, 1 hour before kickoff, outside Folsom ...... each student with a ticket.

Won't work. Students are more concerned with getting smashed than showing up on time. Bohn is going to need to come up with another incentive system like basketball as well as fix the security by adding more and fixing the Buff One cards so they actually scan and don't have to be typed in individually.

Won't work. Students are more concerned with getting smashed than showing up on time. Bohn is going to need to come up with another incentive system like basketball as well as fix the security by adding more and fixing the Buff One cards so they actually scan and don't have to be typed in individually.
And so we're all to believe that you, as a poor student, would turn down free food? For every one of you, there a thousand who wouldn't.

Altho I agree on fixing the entrance fiasco. There shouldn't be a delay at the gate, and I imagine that's pretty frustrating to the students.

And so we're all to believe that you, as a poor student, would turn down free food? For every one of you, there a thousand who wouldn't.

Altho I agree on fixing the entrance fiasco. There shouldn't be a delay at the gate, and I imagine that's pretty frustrating to the students.
I say with 100% certainty that this would hardly, if any at all, increase the amount of students in the stadium at kickoff. If you tailgate at a frat, you usually get food there, or I always have.

Theres free food everywhere on game day. Need to do the reward system with the Chipotle gift card and other cool buffs gear. But the catch is the game only counts for rewards if you get in before kickoff.

Also, is a megaphone considered a noisemaker?

Theres free food everywhere on game day. Need to do the reward system with the Chipotle gift card and other cool buffs gear. But the catch is the game only counts for rewards if you get in before kickoff.

Also, is a megaphone considered a noisemaker?

If it was brought in by the spirit squad you could do whatever you wanted. UCLA had a dude on a microphone down on the field infront of their student section with big speakers pointed at them to help coordinate cheers. Its just a matter of getting the AD to do it.

We need good QB play and it starts at that position.

I'm going to focus more on the basketball team though.

I say with 100% certainty that this would hardly, if any at all, increase the amount of students in the stadium at kickoff. If you tailgate at a frat, you usually get food there, or I always have.

the 2nd post is a viable answer. Reason? Not all students tailgate, tini. Some may not have a rich daddy paying for school, so they work Sat a.m.'s. Some may be in class 1/2 day. I imagine there's a "few" who don't drink. Lots of reasons. Point is, they don't all do what you do.

UBL -- the give-away's might be a cool idea. I guess the AD would need to get some local sponsorship, but that's doable imo.

For anyone -- what's the holdup on selling beer at the stadium? Seems like that would be a great money maker.

The vast majority of students tailgate and a free hot dog and chips will not entice enough kids to see a effect on attendance at kickoff.

Really? Now address my points in the post before yours.

What's there to address? A 35 year old claiming to know what students do before games? What about the fact that once the frat tailgates die down or stop that's when people head over? A hot dog and chips is not going to work. I already posted saying Bohn needs to do a incentive based system similar to what basketball had but you just ignored that it seems.

The Future
378257_407104232649509_115688781791057_1534038_1617031258_n.jpg

389323_407104349316164_115688781791057_1534040_1549251961_n.jpg

There are a few little changes they could make to improve the student fan experience at Folsom. First, get rid of those obnoxious retaining walls. I really don't know what the justification for those things is, but they're ridiculous. It's like the students are being held in some kind of pen. Second, issue a season pass and oversell them. If you have room for 10,000 students in the student section, sell 12,000 season passes. If you show up and there's no place to stand, you're SOL. Third, make sure that a student can access the stadium from any gate with his/her pass. No segregation for student & non-student tickets. That's effing retarded. Fourth, the entire student section is general admission. No assigned seats. If you want a good spot to watch the game, you better get there early or send over some friends to save a spot for you.

Do these four things and see what happens.

There are a few little changes they could make to improve the student fan experience at Folsom. First, get rid of those obnoxious retaining walls. I really don't know what the justification for those things is, but they're ridiculous. It's like the students are being held in some kind of pen. Second, issue a season pass and oversell them. If you have room for 10,000 students in the student section, sell 12,000 season passes. If you show up and there's no place to stand, you're SOL. Third, make sure that a student can access the stadium from any gate with his/her pass. No segregation for student & non-student tickets. That's effing retarded. Fourth, the entire student section is general admission. No assigned seats. If you want a good spot to watch the game, you better get there early or send over some friends to save a spot for you.

Do these four things and see what happens.
It already is.

It already is.

Interesting. They used to have a "senior/grad student" section when I was there. That was all assigned seating. Glad to hear that they changed that. I hope they do some of this other stuff, though.

Interesting. They used to have a "senior/grad student" section when I was there. That was all assigned seating. Glad to hear that they changed that. I hope they do some of this other stuff, though.
The biggest issue, and one that you touched on a little is the student entrance. They try to herd us like cattle into these gates and they don't have enough security people checking people and people get stuck for a half hour waiting in line.

The biggest issue, and one that you touched on a little is the student entrance. They try to herd us like cattle into these gates and they don't have enough security people checking people and people get stuck for a half hour waiting in line.
And if you're not a student coming in from the South you have to wind your away around the student gates and lines; serious cluster****. I'm with Sacky, students should be able to enter through any gate.

And if you're not a student coming in from the South you have to wind your away around the student gates and lines; serious cluster****. I'm with Sacky, students should be able to enter through any gate.
Or at least extend it further west.

Since the majority of visiting fans also enter from the south, dispersing the students around the stadium will also decrease the "bad experiences" entering Folsom that we continually hear about

I can't understand what the reasoning is behind the cattle run for the student entrance. A ticket is a ticket. You should be able to use it to get in anywhere. The only exception to this that I can think of is to have a separate entrance to the club level. That makes sense to me. You have to reward the people who spend the big money with some perks.

Back