What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Now Official: Hawkins is back for 2010

Junc, he doesn't want to win if it means bringing in any kids that remotely risk tarnishing The University. Imho, you can not win on a consistent basis with just the kids that qualify for CU, Cal, MIT, and Harvard. The kids Mac had here would not get into CU today. You know. All those kids he got out of Compton and SoCal.

That's a load of crap. We've been hot on the tails of recruits with some questionable issues in their background. Remember Katoa?

That's a load of crap. We've been hot on the tails of recruits with some questionable issues in their background. Remember Katoa?

I don't remember Katoa having had a questionable background during the recruiting process. Didn't all his daliances with the wrong side of the law occur after he got to CU?

Question... was the money really there to get rid of Hawkins and pay a top notch coach? Seems to me as though some cash Bohn might have been counting on never came through.

I am certainly not ready to say that 2010 is do or die for Dan Hawkins. You may be more right than Buff fans want to believe.

Yep :huh:. Nothing scares me more right now than the possibility of a 5-6 win season next year. Then we'll be discussing whether or not they can afford to buy him out at whatever petty fee it will be at that point.

I don't remember Katoa having had a questionable background during the recruiting process. Didn't all his daliances with the wrong side of the law occur after he got to CU?

Wasn't this the guy who was taking 'classes' through some BYU extension system and mixed up with some gun in a wendy's parking lot story?

I don't know about the gun and a Wendy's parking lot, but Katoa took some classes through some BYU program to enroll at CU early.

"Dan represents the university's values on and off the field, and his team has been competitive this year," DiStefano continued.

Quite possibly the most absurd comment I have ever seen.. :lol:

You seriously don't understand the game of football if you truly believe that..

"Dan represents the university's values on and off the field, and his team has been competitive this year," DiStefano continued. QUOTE]

:wow: PC speech, maybe too much of grandads cough medicine :wow: :wtf::hippie::drink:

DiStefano said what needed to be publicly said given, "the university just can't afford to buy him out at this point," would have been a nail in the coffin for the Nebraska game and would also have been downright disrespectful to the coach to an absurd degree.

As it is, the players can now feel a bit more stable as a team; the timing of the announcement was, in my opinion, meant to cause that to happen for their last game of the season.

His, "competitive" remark is good for everybody concerned, as well as the aforementioned stuff. For him to stand there the day before a big game and say anything other than positive remarks would have been quite cruel to the players; I admire his tact.

Buffs fans are laughing. The players are not, I'm nearly certain.

I still can't imagine a "he's our coach for one more year" can EVER sound like a good thing.

"He's still swinging from the noose."

"He's still trembling in the electric chair."

"His heart's still beating."

Boy - what a GREAT vote of confidence. And maybe, just maybe, this is the castrating act that the AD needs and maybe we'll see Hawkins realize he can't function as the legs - well, all but one - are kicked out from under his chair.

Maybe this is such a lame "vote of confidence" that Hawkins will voluntarily give up the money and leave. (yeah... right)

So, out on the recruiting trail, when he approaches high school coaches, he'll ask for the names of their best players. "It's true that I haven't played your players you gave me the last few times, but maybe next year I will. C'mon - talk me up to your player, and maybe I won't bench him!"

I wonder how many top-ranked running back recruits show up?

Considering the justifications given by Benson and DiStefano for keeping Hawk, apparently they don't.....:huh:

DiStefano said what needed to be publicly said given, "the university just can't afford to buy him out at this point," would have been a nail in the coffin for the Nebraska game and would also have been downright disrespectful to the coach to an absurd degree.

As it is, the players can now feel a bit more stable as a team; the timing of the announcement was, in my opinion, meant to cause that to happen for their last game of the season.

His, "competitive" remark is good for everybody concerned, as well as the aforementioned stuff. For him to stand there the day before a big game and say anything other than positive remarks would have been quite cruel to the players; I admire his tact.

Buffs fans are laughing. The players are not, I'm nearly certain.

So that quote is really the endorsement of the University? Not much. Not sure I'll be watching any Buff games next year. I'll read about them, though. They may have even found a way to fix my AB addiction...

Back