What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Now the dust is settled, who will be the redshirts from the 2013 class?

Which freshman will be the star newcomer in 2013-14?

• Tre'shaun Fletcher

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Wesley Gordon

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • Jaron Hopkins

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Chris Jenkins

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • George King

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Dustin Thomas

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters
In defense of ski's soph slump, who else would it have been? There were a few nights (like VS cal) where XJ went on a tear or Jelly (@ OSU, vs UCLA) a few times dre (notably, @ stan) and once chen (@ AZ) but other than those few high production (15+ pts) nights from those three, there really wasnt much else in the way production for him to take from anyone else.
Now i'm not trying to defend his seemingly far too frequent decisions to push the rock up the court then heave a 3 with 29 seconds left on the shot clock as we probably could have gotten a better look elsewhere, but really who else would you rather have?
I think that final shot v ucla that he took (and missed) that would have sent us into OT really got to him. He had a last second tie shot (vs TX SO), but missed vs UCLA. That was game #16 in the season (of 33, counting our game V illini). Before the UCLA miss (He had 18 that day, but probably thinks/thought he needed 21) and before that game, he had less than 12 points only 2 times. One was the disaster in allen, and the other was V sheep when the mayor couldnt miss.
After the UCLA game however, he managed double figures just 5 times (~33% of games 17-33, compared to 87.5% of games 1-16). I'd guess he came in a little pissed for the cal game (and potentially stanford) because neither school recruited them and he wanted to show them what they passed on. In addition to those two games, He got to double figures vs OU ( 11pts) vs Zona (2x, 10, 12 pts), vs ASU (17 pts) and that is it.

I hope he stays in the gym this summer and works on his stroke. I still think he'll be starting, but will see minutes in the high teens, low 20s like he did his freshman year.

Back