What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Now What?

Thank God for CU Basketball. CU is not a good football team. Won't be for a while. Probably need a different coach

Spare me the horse **** trying to call members of the board out for not sticking with the team through "thick and thin."

I regret posting it. My meltdowns have always been dramatic, and dumb. My apologies to skibum.

As bad as it is to lose to CSU, ever, I'm not giving up on HCMM after the first game in his 2nd year. Our talent sucks and has no depth, a leftover from the past. He deserves at least 3-4 years to get his guys into the upper class before passing judgement. At least he's a head coach, unlike his two immediate predecessors, so in my mind that means there is hope for something better.

Two things:

1) It looked like the defense was specifically and solely designed to fight the spread offense. We were quick and the secondary was good, but the hard nosed, run defense was totally weak. Despite this the D line couldn't get any pressure whatsoever so I'm not saying it is going to be good against the spread offenses, but I think we'll at least look better.

2) Gillam looks SKINNY as hell. He looks like safety. And as the game went on it became more and more apparent his arm was affecting him, and may have injured the other one, and perhaps even a knee. What the hell?!?

I've posted this elsewhere, I think, but point number two was one of my biggest take aways from the game. If this guy is going to be the stud that we need him to be then he really, really needs to put on some weight. It says on the roster that he weighs 225, but I find that incredibly hard to believe. He looks closer to 200. Maybe he's sufficiently strong without carrying a ton of muscle that it doesn't matter, but it definitely stands out a bit.

Guys, we still have a shot at going 11-1 and winning the PAC12. :)

Seriously though, if small incremental rebuilding isn't your cup of tea this season will be brutal. We have to grow and develop young players (especially DL) and that involves mistakes and being outplayed.

Still believing that we will be vastly improved by the last game of the season versus yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear this a lot here. Wealthier fans are better fans. Got it. I may not be able to cut big checks to the AD, but that doesn't make me any less of a fan than you.

Have fun on your sailboat. I'll be at the game.
Being wealthy /= being able to donate. I don't give a **** if you donate $10 or $10,000, just donate.

I used to run a 22' Catalina and a 32 Endeavor. Sailing is awesome. I pretty much sucked at it though but I could eventually get to point B.
I started with a tiny 14' AMC, then a 21' Cal, now a 1964 29' Columbia Defender. I'll give Val a hint: people who sail boats that are 50 years old are generally not "rich;" it is an expensive hobby, but in the same way skiing is an expensive hobby, i.e. there are ways to do both on a small budget.

Like I said in the prior post, it really doesn't matter what the dollar amount is, just make a donation above and beyond any seat tax (i.e. donate something for which you will get nothing but a thank you letter and tax deduction).

Being wealthy /= being able to donate. I don't give a **** if you donate $10 or $10,000, just donate.

You're right. I was out of line last night. My apologies. I got defensive and posted some stupid replies.
I do this more than I'd like to admit.

Last edited:
You're right. I was out of line last night. My apologies. I got defensive and posted some stupid replies.
I do this more than I'd like to admit.
No biggie, we all do that. This would be a boring message board if we didn't.

I am not sure what was worse, watching that train wreck unfold last night or reliving the pain by sifting through the message board a few times today. I am a glutten for punishment.
:lol:

I am not sure what was worse, watching that train wreck unfold last night or reliving the pain by sifting through the message board a few times today. I am a glutten for punishment.
:lol:

Worst thing for me at this point is watching games and seeing all of these universities that have football teams that are not complete embarrassments. And, the recognition that we have been in this boat now for what, seven years?

Back