What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nubs vs Northwestern

Wainaminnit. At the end of the game, didn't all 80,000 fans in attendance stand to applause Northwestern's victory?

I'm assuming they did. It's what they do.

My theory is, in nebraska, by the time somebody gets season tickets they're too ****ing old to know who won.

Wainaminnit. At the end of the game, didn't all 80,000 fans in attendance stand to applause Northwestern's victory?

I'm assuming they did. It's what they do.

My theory is, in Nebraska, by the time somebody gets season tickets they're too ****ing old to know who won.

Give it a rest guys. Yes, the Northwestern team did get an applause. Even both teams grouped together in the middle of the field on a knee for a prayer. Interestingly enough pretty 95% of the Michigan State team did the same thing with the Husker team too.

It was a game where Northwestern beat the Huskers in about all facets of the game. That's the way it goes sometimes and it sucks, but I will take a 7-2 Husker team playing in the Big Ten Conference any day.

Sportsmanship, it's a hard concept to understand these days in the world of big time college football. Especially for the fans. That's too bad.

Give it a rest guys. Yes, the Northwestern team did get an applause. Even both teams grouped together in the middle of the field on a knee for a prayer. Interestingly enough pretty 95% of the Michigan State team did the same thing with the Husker team too.

It was a game where Northwestern beat the Huskers in about all facets of the game. That's the way it goes sometimes and it sucks, but I will take a 7-2 Husker team playing in the Big Ten Conference any day.

Sportsmanship, it's a hard concept to understand these days in the world of big time college football. Especially for the fans. That's too bad.

bull**** much?

I'm sorry, did you just tell me to give it a rest? **** you.

Did we somehow offend your sensibilities? Go **** yourself.

Sportsmanship? Like trolling another fan's chat site soliciting ire? **** off.

I'm sorry, did you just tell me to give it a rest? **** you.

Did we somehow offend your sensibilities? Go **** yourself.

Sportsmanship? Like trolling another fan's chat site soliciting ire? **** off.

I wonder if he is going to applaud after he reads your post.

I wonder if he is going to applaud after he reads your post.

I'm sure he will. I wasn't pissed by his explanation, but rather because he said "give it a rest". Really, over here on a CU board, give it a rest? As if we'd crossed some line of sensibility. We do all of the time, don't get me wrong, but we hadn't there.

bull**** much?

You do have to remember what the main reason for existence of the entire state is. That corn they grow isn't getting roasted on backyard grills it going into the front of four legged bull**** makers. They can't help it, it's what they do.

4MQjBLvespk.gif

You do have to remember what the main reason for existence of the entire state is. That corn they grow isn't getting roasted on backyard grills it going into the front of four legged bull**** makers. They can't help it, it's what they do.

4MQjBLvespk.gif

That is just a byproduct the end result is

grilledtboneserved.jpg

I'm really curious to see how Nebraska fans really do treat opposing fans and teams not named Colorado. Nebraska fans have treated Colorado fans like **** over the years. "Sal is dead, go big red!"

I'm really curious to see how Nebraska fans really do treat opposing fans and teams not named Colorado. Nebraska fans have treated Colorado fans like **** over the years. "Sal is dead, go big red!"

I haven't ever agreed with the "Sal is dead............." thing. It's in really bad taste. But Nebraska fans treating CU fans like **** over the years is a response to how they were treated in Boulder to begin with. Not just one game, but a long line of them.

Interestingly enough, I had one hell of a time when I went to watch Nebraska play Colorado in Boulder for their last B12 game played there. CU fans were fun to be around and treated Nebraska fans great. Must have been the Hawkins Hangover setting in.

I haven't ever agreed with the "Sal is dead............." thing. It's in really bad taste. But Nebraska fans treating CU fans like **** over the years is a response to how they were treated in Boulder to begin with. Not just one game, but a long line of them.

Interestingly enough, I had one hell of a time when I went to watch Nebraska play Colorado in Boulder for their last B12 game played there. CU fans were fun to be around and treated Nebraska fans great. Must have been the Hawkins Hangover setting in.

This begs the question, had you been previously treated poorly in Boulder?

This begs the question, had you been previously treated poorly in Boulder?

Great question! As a matter of fact yes. I was visiting (during the off season even) and some Buff fans found out I was from Nebraska. They went way over the top. I guess it was the two beers they drank. I was warned it could get ugly, and it did.

Now before you go to the next step. I have lots of friends and relatives who have been treated like **** while in Boulder watching NU / CU games through the years.

I just think time will pass and all that will be in the past. Just, as Buff fans, don't let the Oregon, ASU and Arizona fans drag you down with their behavior. They can be nasty!

Great question! As a matter of fact yes. I was visiting (during the off season even) and some Buff fans found out I was from Nebraska. They went way over the top. I guess it was the two beers they drank. I was warned it could get ugly, and it did.

Now before you go to the next step. I have lots of friends and relatives who have been treated like **** while in Boulder watching NU / CU games through the years.

I just think time will pass and all that will be in the past. Just, as Buff fans, don't let the Oregon, ASU and Arizona fans drag you down with their behavior. They can be nasty!

Oregon fans were bad. Can't wait until that program gets slapped hard by the NCAA, and they will.

maybe it was your overalls, red starter jacket and corn cob hat you wore on the ski slopes they found funny.

Wainaminnit, Flanders.

What specifically are you alluding to when you say things got ugly? Did you get physically assaulted? Was any property damaged? Was it comparable to any "ugly" moments that you have experienced among your fellow Nebraskans?

IMO, if your obtuse and passive aggressive Internet troll personna reflects your real life behavior, you probably had it coming to you.

Wainaminnit, Flanders.

What specifically are you alluding to when you say things got ugly? Did you get physically assaulted? Was any property damaged? Was it comparable to any "ugly" moments that you have experienced among your fellow Nebraskans?

IMO, if your obtuse and passive aggressive Internet troll personna reflects your real life behavior, you probably had it coming to you.

We obviously piss bombed him and his children and kicked his handicapped grandma down the stairs, duh.

Not a guy on a buffalo

Allow me to translate, for those who don't speak "Fool."

Great question!Thanks for finally feeding the troll As a matter of fact yes. I was visiting(during the off season even) and some Buff fans found out I was from Nebraskasaw me in bright red jorts screaming Go Big Red in a supermarket parking lot. They went way over the topThey failed to recognize Nebraska's inherent wonderful-ness and actually refused to wash my Isuzu Rodeo. I guess it was the two beers they drankwhat lightweights! I finished that bottle of thunderbird, man!. I was warned it could get ugly, and it didI listened to the deranged loon-poodles on HuskerPedia and my then hallucinated a CU fan keying my Isuzu..

Now before you go to the next step. I have lots of friends and relatives who have been treated like **** while in Boulder watching NU / CU games through the yearsI have heard plenty of vague, and not very plausible stories about evil CU fans from fellow Nebraska fans who act like arrogant fools and then act surprised when nobody likes it when they come to town.

I just think time will pass and all that will be in the pastwe have already started annoying Iowa fans. Just, as Buff fans, don't let the Oregon, ASU and Arizona fans drag you down with their behavior. They can be nasty!actually have the gall to cheer for their own teams when they play Nebraska.

I hope I've cleared up any confusion as to what Buff Surveyor really meant.

Last edited:
BS (and I mean that in every sense of the phrase),
Give it a rest. You may not mean to come across this way, but your post had an extemely condesending tone. That's an issue for many, when dealing with NU fans (and I say that as someone who grew up as an NU fan in a family full of Husker fans). Surely you can see that coming to ANOTHER TEAM'S BOARD, and telling them to stop making snide remarks about a huge upset loss of their former rival, is a little silly (and I will call you Shirley). I really don't care if NU wins or loses anymore, but seriously, remember whose home you are in, and give it a rest.

It has often been discussed here that the academic standards are high at CU, even higher than, say, Cal. Often when two schools are playing where I don't have any affiliation, i root for the best school academically. Northwestern beating Nebraska could not have been more of a contrast in this regard.

I've come to the conclusion that BS is just that. He/she has gotta be a longtime Allbuffer pulling our leg.

BS (and I mean that in every sense of the phrase),
Give it a rest. You may not mean to come across this way, but your post had an extemely condesending tone. That's an issue for many, when dealing with NU fans (and I say that as someone who grew up as an NU fan in a family full of Husker fans). Surely you can see that coming to ANOTHER TEAM'S BOARD, and telling them to stop making snide remarks about a huge upset loss of their former rival, is a little silly (and I will call you Shirley). I really don't care if NU wins or loses anymore, but seriously, remember whose home you are in, and give it a rest.

Not meant to be condescending at all. I will add not not many (if anyone) knows much about me. I like the Buffs and Boulder. Great town. Just don't tell anyone where you are from or some will roast you to no end.

I wish / hope for things to turn around soon with the football team. The atmosphere around here is becoming toxic, not only toward me, but to some of the die-hard Buff fans who are really starting to get after each other. A football win is badly needed.

BTW, I find Spaceman's post funny as hell. I can take the bull**** flipped my way. Just be able to take some back if I decide to give it. Which I won't much until the Buffs start to kick some on the football field.

Back