What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NYT: UT, Pac 10 talks broke down at the 11th hour

JimmyBuff

Kind of interesting

Although it appeared that Texas was leading a charge of four teams from the Big 12 South to the Pac-10, an official with direct knowledge of the talks said late Monday night that Texas’s 11th-hour demands to the Pac-10 broke down the talks. Texas wanted to keep its lucrative local television rights and also asked for “extra sweetener” in revenue sharing, according to the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly on the talks.

It was unacceptable,” the official said. “The talks broke down.”

That put a bizarre end to the talks and helped save the Big 12, which brings some stability to the volatile landscape of college sports and, at least temporarily, halts the creep toward the evolution of 16-team superconferences.

Big 12 allowed them to do whatever they wanted. So glad we are out of that conference.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/15/sports/ncaafootball/15colleges.html

ooooh.... Bad faith negotiating and their bluff got called. wow, the fanbase is going to call for deloss's head.

Makes me even more proud to be a member of the PAC 12. This conference has some balls.

Makes me even more proud to be a member of the PAC 12. This conference has some balls.

Yup. Deloss bluffed and Scott called it pretty damn nicely. Good luck with your mystical TV deal... oh, and traveling to Manhattan and Ames. Every year. Your fan base is gonna love you.

Thank you Larry Scott for just saying no to Texas arrogance. What complete assholes.

think about what must have been said in that conference room when Texas dropped that bomb. Lots of old white dudes swearing, I'm sure. :lol:

If anyone is still questioning leaving the big 12, you need to have your head examined.

I imagine it went something like this:

Dodds: "Well see here, we're Texas. And we're gonna need some stuff from y'all in order to be part of your little group out west"
Scott: "What kind of "stuff" are we talking about?"
Dodds: "Well, for starters, we're gonna need our own TV network. And we're gonna have to be makin more money than anybody else in this here group."
Scott: "It was nice meeting you, Mr. Dodds. Good day."
Dodds: "Wait just a gosh darn second there sonny, I'm not done yet"
Scott: "yes. you are".

It's fantastic that Scott said no thanks to UT. I'm also glad CU got out. They saw what Arkansas saw back in the 80's. UT is a poison and will only play by their rules. Damned good thing Scott called them. It'd be a scary scenario to see the Big 12 South moving to the PAC. The conference is better off in the long run without UT... and I'm glad CU had enough of a sack to leave, unlike UT's little ******* OU and A&M.

Back