What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

O-Line Grades

I didn't see one lineman have a good game today. munyer just cant sustain his blocks he got blown up a few times.
I refuse to believe Callahan can not play now.

Callahan just isn't as good as you guys think. I should probably post more info in barzil, but just because he played at Auburn does not mean he can just step in and overtake kids that have been there for two to four years.

Callahan is good, he killed it in practice and is better than what is out there. BERNARDI is the issue with the horrible OLine. I have heard that he is a stubborn old goat with a giant ego. We need to move Coach Adams over to the OL. Saw this with my own eyes at the umass game MacIntyre yelled at Bernardi to put in Callahan. Words were exchanged and Bernardi told Callahan to get ready. Bernardi never put him in. The little inside info I have is that several coaches have voiced their opinion regarding Callahans playing.

Callahan is good, he killed it in practice and is better than what is out there. BERNARDI is the issue with the horrible OLine. I have heard that he is a stubborn old goat with a giant ego. We need to move Coach Adams over to the OL. Saw this with my own eyes at the umass game MacIntyre yelled at Bernardi to put in Callahan. Words were exchanged and Bernardi told Callahan to get ready. Bernardi never put him in. The little inside info I have is that several coaches have voiced their opinion regarding Callahans playing.
Fight is friends with some players, he knows what's up

if the head coach wants him in, he will be in.

o line was blown up the whole 2nd half... we have zero push on running plays...end of story.. until this is fixed we will be mediocre

o line was blown up the whole 2nd half... we have zero push on running plays...end of story.. until this is fixed we will be mediocre

Unfortunately very true. Don't care who the QB is, who the RBs are, and the play calling won't make a big difference. You have to block somebody to win football games and we don't do that very well.

Fight is friends with some players, he knows what's up
Thanks haha. Yea I am gonna just leave it at that. He's a very good player dont get me wrong, but we aren't talking about Logan Mankins transferring to CU. If they believe they are so close it is essentially a tie it will go to someone who has been here longer and is more familiar with the rest of the line. If anyone has ever played O-line it is easy to understand that cohesiveness as a unit is almost as important as the talent on the line. The competitiveness up and down the depth chart of the o-line is giving me hope for the future.

Thanks haha. Yea I am gonna just leave it at that. He's a very good player dont get me wrong, but we aren't talking about Logan Mankins transferring to CU. If they believe they are so close it is essentially a tie it will go to someone who has been here longer and is more familiar with the rest of the line. If anyone has ever played O-line it is easy to understand that cohesiveness as a unit is almost as important as the talent on the line. The competitiveness up and down the depth chart of the o-line is giving me hope for the future.
Maybe were friends with some of the same players. I will just leave it at that.hahaha

There must have been some turnover in the AD with whoever calculates the o-line stats. I remember years ago watching Adkins getting blown up on the o-line, only to see a grade of 88 reported the next week. Several people used to question how the grading was calculated (including myself) because the effort never seemed to match the grade. Well, it looks as if those days are over. The offense has 261 rushing yards on 34 attempts (I have removed the sacks from the rushing stats) with only 4 carries going for negative yards (7.7 YPC). There were 57 pass attempts with 3 sacks (Irwin credited for giving up 2 Nembot with 1) and 2 QB hurries. The offense ran a total of 91 plays, and the highest grade by an o-lineman was Munyer with a 69%. Kelly had the second highest score at 61.5%. I thought this was Nembot’s best game by far, but he did not grade above his U-mass score of 55%. Seems the day’s of rolling out of bed and getting a B score are over.

http://www.cubuffs.com/fls/600/gameday/2014/custats.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=600

I would be interested to see what has changed in how they do the calculation. I'm not sure how much Juice Box influenced the grading, but the everyone gets a ribbon mentality seemed to show up in the grades.

New stats are up. Nembot with his best game, up to 63%, and Crabb with the best game for all O-linemen at 71.8%. It still shows Irwin's best game as Massachusetts with a 60.7%. I know he has been a little nicked, but the LT will need to pick it up or Liufau will get killed during conference play.

Back