What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

O-Line Stats

Buff_since76

Still a fan...
Club Member
upload_2015-9-8_13-59-32.png

Easiest game to see how coaches evaluate the O-line is game one. Everyone can look at the stats up above but things I find interesting:

I missed Irwin missing time during the game, but looks as if Kronshage did alright.
Not sure how 5 players got TD blocks when you score 2 TD's
I thought Nembot did do well, and it shows above.
Don't know if we have an answer between Huckins / Callahan yet. I wasn't impressed with how Huckins started the game, but Callahan didn't make the most of his opportunity.

I thing I noticed. On the two TD scoring drives we ran the ball 11 times, and passed once. On one of the FG drives we ran 6 passed 5 (2 of the 5 passing were negative yard plays). Also we seemed to have a decent amount of success when Sefo went under center, and the TE was in pro set.

Every talking head says teams make the biggest improvements from game one to game two. I will see what comes out of the tunnel this week.

Attachments

• upload_2015-9-8_13-59-26.png
    upload_2015-9-8_13-59-26.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 10
fugly stats. I am surprised Callahan graded below Huckins overall, Huckins did not seem to have a good game at all.

fugly stats. I am surprised Callahan graded below Huckins overall, Huckins did not seem to have a good game at all.

I could be wrong on this, but the stats are percentage of plays where the guy did really well. The stats don't address the percentage of plays he utterly, completely **** the bed.

I could be wrong on this, but the stats are percentage of plays where the guy did really well. The stats don't address the percentage of plays he utterly, completely **** the bed.

I thought that was the PPP, the overall grade takes into account everything right?

I'm really not sure how this is graded, but anybody that watched the game knows that was not a 80% rated offense line.

Thanks for bringing real material to the discussion. Lots of vague arm waving in other threads.
kiss-me_team-america.gif

View attachment 17484

I thing I noticed. On the two TD scoring drives we ran the ball 11 times, and passed once. On one of the FG drives we ran 6 passed 5 (2 of the 5 passing were negative yard plays). Also we seemed to have a decent amount of success when Sefo went under center, and the TE was in pro set.

We had 40 pass attempts with a 4.0 yds per catch and Sefo had a qb rating of 86
We had 53 rushes for 4.3 yds per carry. I know my math might be rusty but 4.3x3= 1st Down!
Run the ****ing ball!

Last edited:
Did Hawaii make adjustments and that is why we went away from the run or did Lindgren decide he wanted to force the passing game?

It says Sefo had 18 rush attempts. Don't remember how many were designed and how many turned into a run because he was running for his life?

Did Hawaii make adjustments and that is why we went away from the run or did Lindgren decide he wanted to force the passing game?
Good question. I'd love to know the real answer on that one (not what would be answered, even if the OC were questioned).

Lindgren definitively hit the panic mode early. In the first half, when we scored 2 TD's, Sefo had 12 attempts out of his 40. There were also 2 sacks and 2 scrambles for positive yards, so 16 pass plays with 12 actual attempts (including 1 int). The team ran 42 offensive plays in the first half and 51 in the second.

Run the ****ing ball. If your oline is better at that, take advantage of that. Then when the box is stacked, get the ball 10 plus yards downfield, and for the love of God, hit the receivers when they are actually running toward the endzone that we score in!!! If you can't do that, then it's time for Aspay. It's ridiculous to have a lower pass number per attempt than run yards per attempt.

But still, you use what is working. Run was working. Force that ball down their throats until they can stop it. Let the OL knock some people down, and see the DL getting tired and worn out. That gives the OL lost of attitude and power.

I thought that was the PPP, the overall grade takes into account everything right?

I'm really not sure how this is graded, but anybody that watched the game knows that was not a 80% rated offense line.

I almost think the way to read it is 80% of the time x player was good or neutral. Which means 20% of the time they were minus. If there's 5 linemen, and an overall grade of 80%, that means that on average one player **** the bed every single down. Of course average isn't real life, so there were some plays that multiple players **** the bed, and some plays that every player was neutral or positive.

Hey! This is my thread to start! Great stuff, and interesting to see so many guys got snaps. Ugh

I hate offensive line stats because 1. they don't take into account the line as a unit and 2. The OL coach does the grading the same OL coach that started Huckins over Callahan and 3. It doesn't grade toughness or vision. It just grades plays. So if I was falling on my face and I still went in the correct gap I get a point. Huckins performed horrible in the scrimmage I watched during camp and then was horrible in the game. Callahan did noticeably better in both situations and was able to help get the line back in control. You can take your stats and broken school records and stick them where the sun doesn't shine. I want to see wins with tough linemen in the trenches.

I don't think O-line stats are the end all be all, but they definitely help tell the story. So what happened in the game:

About 25% of the time there was failure. That seems about accurate. We ran 93 plays so about 23 sucked from an O-line perspective:
- 4 sacks
- 7 runs for 0-1 yard (when not trying to get short yardage for a first down)
- 4 QB hurries
- 4 non sack negative yard plays (one was the fumble)
- 3 scrambles where Sefo was flushed out of the pocket due to poor blocking
- 1 other (INT but can't really blame the line)

About 35% of the time there were good plays, so 32
- 2 rushing TD's
- 16 completions that were beneficial
- 14 rushes of more than 7 yards

Everything else is a mixed bag of in-completions, short yardage completions that didn't get what we needed, and rushes of 2-6 yard.

Back