What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

O/U Point Differential for 2014 Season -16 pts

boydbuff

Club Member
Club Member
Lots of people (including all the Rivals guys) are saying CU will be more competitive this year. To me, the best single metric to assess this is point differential.

2013 we averaged 22.4 pts per game and gave up 42.5 pts per game yielding a point differential of -20.1. Of course we do not play 2 FCS teams this year.

I am setting the O/U at -16

What do you guys think?

I like this idea haven't looked at the overall SOS but a measurable improvement in this stat is key even with only playing 1 faux FCS school this year vs last. Lots of people site the terrible early seasons by Mac but this state was telling back then.

Again, I am completely on board that this staff is taking us in the right direction and believe we will continue to be more competitive every year and that a bowl game is close (if not this year, than next).

I think this year we see many more quality teams stressing well into the 2nd half against CU, keeping their starters in longer than last year. I believe our D will play better, especially due to a strong DB group and our Offense will play better based on Sefo having another year in the system and it appears we will have improved OL and RB play too.

So I am going to say the point differential will actually be -14. That would represent a 6 point reduction over last year. And HCMM's 1st year, had a reduction of 5.5 over the previous year with Water Bottle (16.9 for and 42.5 against).

I think your math on Embree is wrong.
According to Team Rankings, our 2012 season with Embree resulted in an average points for CU at 16.9 and average points for opponents at 42.5. 42.5-16.9=25.6.

In 2013, our differential was -20.1 which is 5.5 points less than Embree's 2012 season.

According to Team Rankings, our 2012 season with Embree resulted in an average points for CU at 16.9 and average points for opponents at 42.5. 42.5-16.9=25.6.

In 2013, our differential was -20.1 which is 5.5 points less than Embree's 2012 season.

well you are the author of the linked post, it has different numbers than this so ergo 1 must be incorrect

Back