What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Observations from Today's Scrimmage

Buffalewd

Pre-Scrimmage:

Pass rush drill. Carson Wells looked great, he has an excellent first step and uses his hand well. Edwards looks much quicker and more athletic at his current weight. Lang looked good. Franke has an excellent bull rush spin move, he looks solid.

Overall Takeaway:

This team looks well organized and disciplined. Compared to 5 years ago they actually look like a PAC-12 team in size, athleticism and depth. Wide receiver position is ridiculously deep. Besides the starters, Jaylon and Bell flashed today, and Brown will also be in the mix. Hard to take too much from any scrimmage but, there were plays made on both sides of the ball. Montez is clearly the starter, with Noyer 2 and Lytle 3. Stenstrom has some skills but is clearly swimming at this point.

Standouts:

Nate Landman was on the field for the first play with the ones, and will see a lot of snaps this year. Impressive as usual, got dinged on a play and I was holding my breath but walked off and was back on the next series.

Josh Kaiser held up well and looks like a legit left tackle. Moretti limping and I don't think it is going to happen this year. Sherman looks really good and can come in for Tonz with little or no drop-off. Starting seem to be set with Haigler, Lynott, Pursell, Tonz, and Kiaser.

Jaylon Jackson is a play maker! Great routes and hands.

Bish and TMac both had some nice runs, and Alex has some nice quick moves and burst. I think we may be better than we think at RB. Kyle is also playing well, gets lost in the crowd and just picks up yards.

Defense as a whole looks improved, with better depth and speed. Didn't see Taylor much but the few plays where I focused on him went to the opposite field. Oh! Antwine will play this season, very excited by that young mans potential.

Mi dos centavos, but I will try an answer any questions.

When Montez threw that alley-oop to Javier Edwards, I went nuts! Totally unexpected!

I can however see Pursell struggling from three this year. It’s just not his game.

Back