What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

October 1st (1.30pm-FCS Pacific) - Washington State @ Colorado - GAME THREAD

I can't even attempt to predict this game. My best guess is that it's a down to the wire game, 33-30 or so, last possession kicks a FG to win it.

Not sure I can believe were 3.5-4 pt favorites the way we've played. The wise guys must have less faith in wazzou than in CU.

I can't even attempt to predict this game. My best guess is that it's a down to the wire game, 33-30 or so, last possession kicks a FG to win it.

Not sure I can believe were 3.5-4 pt favorites the way we've played. The wise guys must have less faith in wazzou than in CU.
CU always plays better at home and WSU's only road game against SDSU, they got nailed 42-24.

[h=1]Jon Embree's situation similar to that of Washington State coach[/h]Wulff's rebuilding project coming along at alma mater
By Ryan Thorburn Camera Sports Writer
Posted: 09/25/2011 07:33:14 PM MDT

Jon Embree, a former CU player, is also taking on a difficult rebuilding job at his alma mater.

"You look at them and they have good players for a first-year situation. They've got some young players that are good as well. Physically, it looks like they can match up well," Wulff said before the Buffs' defeat in Columbus. "I think (Embree) is going to do a good job. He has quality assistants around him. The most important thing is you have to stick with your plan. ...

"I definitely think it's helpful (coaching at your school) because you understand the climate a lot more."

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-college-sports/ci_18976275?source=rss

CU always plays better at home and WSU's only road game against SDSU, they got nailed 42-24.

Hope you're right, but it'd be nice to see us come out strong from the get go and play 60 minutes instead of sleepwalking thru the first quarter and a half.

Jon Embree's situation similar to that of Washington State coach

Wulff's rebuilding project coming along at alma mater
By Ryan Thorburn Camera Sports Writer
Posted: 09/25/2011 07:33:14 PM MDT

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-college-sports/ci_18976275?source=rss

Don't know if anyone saw the DP article on wazzou a few weeks back. Wulff had a friggin mess on his hands. Said something like he was taller than all but one lineman and the roster had plenty of players he wouldn't have offered at Eastern Washington (I think that's where he came from)

Hope you're right, but it'd be nice to see us come out strong from the get go and play 60 minutes instead of sleepwalking thru the first quarter and a half.

Yeah... three total first quarter points in the first four games is pretty bad.

And we were leading Cal 27-23 with 6 minutes left. What's your point? They still lost 42-24.

My point is they didn't get "nailed". It's the same situation as that CU game at Texas a few years ago where our fans like to say we "came close". You're going to be in for a rude awakening if you think this won't be extremely close.

My point is they didn't get "nailed". It's the same situation as that CU game at Texas a few years ago where our fans like to say we "came close". You're going to be in for a rude awakening if you think this won't be extremely close.
Sorry I'm not overly confident in a team that's won 7 games in three years with three coming against FCS teams.

Yeah... three total first quarter points in the first four games is pretty bad.

1st Q offensive # of possessions and total yds per game:

Haw: 2 possessions / 37 total yds
Cal: 2 / 116 yds (netted our only 1st Q pts this year, also had the turnover on downs)
CSU: 3 / 23 yds
OSU: 3 / 8 yds

That's f****** ugly

I never get this thinking. 42-24 is the result of 60 minutes of football. WSU got nailed on the road. Just because the scoring occured late doesn't change the result.

On the bright side, our first PAC 12 game! I don't care that it's Wazzu on the schedule, it's still better than seeing Mizzou. Buffs win big, and by big, I mean 10 points.

I'm gonna say we lose this one I think. Injuries are piling up in our secondary and speedy is hurt.

I'm gonna say we lose this one I think. Injuries are piling up in our secondary and speedy is hurt.
Last road win WSU had was against the worst team in the Pac 12. WSU is not tOSU or even Cal. Their starting QB is out and had a huge meltdown against SDSU. Home field advantage prevails.

cat1.jpg

If their QB is at all mobile and we start the game like each of this year's games, we'll lose.

I could see these guys tearing our secondary apart. The WSU passing game looks pretty good. But still...

I could see these guys tearing our secondary apart. The WSU passing game looks pretty good. But still...
They also played two garbage teams for their two wins. Their QB against SDSU threw two picks last week.

Just because a team has two wins doesn't mean they're worth a damn.

They also played two garbage teams for their two wins. Their QB against SDSU threw two picks last week.

Just because a team has two wins doesn't mean they're worth a damn.

I notice you tend to point out all the flaws in other teams instead of pumping up CU. Something very weird about tthat.

Would you like for me to pump CU then?

I am simply saying you seem to go into just about every game confident that we will win and you usually point out every possible flaw on the opposing team. At some point, it matters what CU can do rather than what the opponent cannot do.

I am simply saying you seem to go into just about every game confident that we will win and you usually point out every possible flaw on the opposing team. At some point, it matters what CU can do rather than what the opponent cannot do.
I agree with you but most seem to know enough about CU, but not enough about the other team.

Plus I'm a massive homer n

Back