What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Odds George doesn't leave for Illinois?

And as asinine as it sounds, and McCartney has even stated as much - we did luck out with where we were in history (1980s), the gang wars of L.A., and our school colors. Not joking.
200.gif

AD Rick George said he has no intention of leaving Colorado any time soon and he will not pursue the AD job at Illinois.

Rick George: "Should Illinois contact me, that would be humbling and flattering, but I would decline." #cubuffs

Rick George: "I can honestly tell you that I’m planning on being at Colorado as the athletic director for the foreseeable future."

https://twitter.com/BrianHowell33

even when we have nice things, we tell ourselves we can't have nice things.

the Angst of the Buff Fan is biblical at this point. Yo, and the Lord did smite down the bison, leaving its fields fallow after a decade of dominance.

even when we have nice things, we tell ourselves we can't have nice things.

the Angst of the Buff Fan is biblical at this point. Yo, and the Lord did smite down the bison, leaving its fields fallow, and making the herd wander aimlessly in the wilderness of BaalHawkEmb, after a decade of dominance.

fify

I kinda read it as "don't expect me to be a lifer, but I am not going to Illinois."

I got that feeling, as well. I've been a little worried about his name in connection with the UT AD gig at some point soon......I don't think that perrin guy gets that gig

In the immortal words of Buffalo Springfield, "Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep."

Last edited:
I said it before and I'll say it again. You don't move from COO and president of a major league team to college AD unless it's for a job that you consider to be a dream job in a dream location. I've been to Champaign. My sister went to U of I. It's a good school with a decent campus in a meh town. Boulder is a good school with the most beautiful campus in America in the best college town in America. You people worry too much. If Rick had been the recruiting coordinator at Washington State or Okie State or Texas Tech, he does not quit the Texas Rangers to return there. He's in Boulder because it's special. Anyone who's spent any time there knows it. The fact that our FB team has sucked for so long doesn't cancel out all of the other positives.

Back