What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Odds that Hawk is here after this season

LaserDeathHawk

Club Member
Club Member
I have said it many times, I am not the football technician that many of you are, but I am stuck on this. I was totally confident that Hawk wouldn't be here for the '10 season and yet here he is.

Without some monstrous 10-2 turnaround (which despite all our protestations would make us shut up about dropping him) is there any way he is here for '11? I can't possibly see how, but I don't want to get all excited again.

**** this sucks...

I think it is a possibility no matter what the record is. The adminitards have shown that they either don't care or are too dense to realize the negative impact, across the board, of letting the FB program swirl...

My prediction is that Dan hawkins will not be here after the year regardless of the record (which won't be 10-2 like).. Very few coaches stick around with only 2 years left on their deal and I don't see Bohn ever extending Talkins again..

I wish I were as confident as you Jimmy & navy. I think there's still a very good chance that he's retained, especially given the State's ever-worsening budget issues.

I don't even want to think about it because I think there is a good chance he sticks around even with a 6-6 or 5-7 record. Our administration has proven they do not care about football and it's gonna get worse before it gets better.

I hope I'm wrong, but that's how I see it.

he needs to win 8 games to keep his job imho. Benson knows that keeping Hawk has cost the school millions. Plus Hawk and Bohn aren't exactly on good terms anymore. That relationship will probably get worse the more wins Hawk gets. So if Bohn gets extended this spring... Hawk is gone with less then 8. Maybe with 8.

Hawk's chance of being here nnext offseason? 10%

For him to stay I would like to see him win at least 8 regular season games and a bowl. My worst fear is a 6 win season with an appearance in a low tier bowl will be enough to keep him around.

I think we are stuck with this clown for the duration of his contract regardless of his performance on the field.

If he wasn't fired after last year's debacle, he won't be. Ever.

By the time Hawkins is finally out the door this program will be in the worst shape it has ever been in. 2010 and 2011 should be banner years for this team - we will be loaded with talented juniors and seniors - but I think they will be pretty bad ultimately.

100% he stays with 6 wins and a bowl loss.

I think that will be it, and even if he has a 5 win season and are in a lot of games they will keep him. It will take a disaster season like a 2 - 10 next year to be fully sure he is gone. If budget concerns worsen than he will be saved by politics again. 2.25 million or whatever his buyout will still seem like a lot of money regardless if it is there from donors or not.

100% he stays with 6 wins and a bowl loss.

Change that to Bowl win and I think you are right, 8 seems to be the numebr most people think secures his job but i still think he skates through on 7.

I dont see a winning season, not even close to a winning season....IMO I think he is gone before the season even ends (I think he knows his time here is up)...

We will go 1 - 4 beating Hawaii and Hawk will be gone

I see UGA, Cal and Mizzou as probable losses, but CSU? The Rocky Mountain Showdown looks to be a race of cripples next year, so I guess the question is who is more lame, the goats or the Buffs?

I do not think the odds are pretty good. Previously I thought he might skate by with a losing record, but I think he needs to win seven regular season games and I do not see it happening. Like others, I am not sure he makes it through the season.

I see UGA, Cal and Mizzou as probable losses, but CSU? The Rocky Mountain Showdown looks to be a race of cripples next year, so I guess the question is who is more lame, the goats or the Buffs?

I learned my lesson from csu last year. We played one of the ****tiest CSU teams in a long time and got kille din our house. The buffs will have to prove to me again they can beat a bad csu team before I have any confidence in that game.

I learned my lesson from csu last year. We played one of the ****tiest CSU teams in a long time and got kille din our house. The buffs will have to prove to me again they can beat a bad csu team before I have any confidence in that game.

I am still trying to get the image of CSU fans dancing on our field out of my head. :bang:

**** you, Hawkins.

By the time Hawkins is finally out the door this program will be in the worst shape it has ever been in.

I still maintain that the Fairbanks years are the absolute low point for this program. We're approaching that level of incompetence, but are still a long way from it. Figure that in 1980, we were lucky to get 30,000 people in the stands. We didn't even sell out when OU and NU came to town. Now, even though our on-field record isn't much better than Fairbanks' teams, the overall level of support is much greater. That makes it easier to climb out of the hole.

I still maintain that the Fairbanks years are the absolute low point for this program. We're approaching that level of incompetence, but are still a long way from it. Figure that in 1980, we were lucky to get 30,000 people in the stands. We didn't even sell out when OU and NU came to town. Now, even though our on-field record isn't much better than Fairbanks' teams, the overall level of support is much greater. That makes it easier to climb out of the hole.

Agreed. The right hire can turn a program around in 2-3 years. Now the issue is will CU get the right guy when Hawk is gone? If they do there is tons of potential, if not then it will be more of the same.

The odds that he is gone get better and better in our favor everyday this Sumler situation festers...

he needs to win 8 games to keep his job imho. Benson knows that keeping Hawk has cost the school millions. Plus Hawk and Bohn aren't exactly on good terms anymore. That relationship will probably get worse the more wins Hawk gets. So if Bohn gets extended this spring... Hawk is gone with less then 8. Maybe with 8.

Hawk's chance of being here nnext offseason? 10%
Let's see - 3 or 4 wins per year - it would take Juicey 2 years to get 8 wins, and his contract expires in 2 years. So he might just get those 8 wins before they say see you later Juiceinator!
hawkins_jumpin_cheer.jpg

Here's how I see it:

8+ wins and Hawk is a lock to be our coach in 2011.

6 or 7 is on the fence.

No bowl is definitely the end of the Hawk era.

It is up to us how long he is here. I am not going to any games next year and if someone gives me tickets I am ripping them up and mailing them to Bohn/Benson.

The size of the crowd is all that will determine if Hawk is around from game to game. If we have a CSU type crowd and only fill half the stadium and lose, he is done!

Back