What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OFFENSE is awful, helfrich, use your speed at rb and THROW DOWNFIELD...

No more bull**** excuses about keeping it close to the vest from here on out. They have over a week to come up with an innovative gameplan for WVU, they better use that time wisely.

or what? will you put them on double secret probation? :lol:

or what? will you put them on double secret probation? :lol:

No accountability at your job either I see. You like BS and hot air, it's quite evident that you use this method of madness in your posts and what is it you say...LIFE.

No accountability in your world.

No accountability at your job either I see. You like BS and hot air, it's quite evident that you use this method of madness in your posts and what is it you say...LIFE.

No accountability in your world.

on the contrary. there is accountability for factors that i have no control over. still, i find a way to make it work to the positive. probably because i do not sit around and think that everyone else owes me something that they don't.

my point being that you and bb were on quite a roll with the "buffs owe me" POV. they had BETTA just get it together, right?

what if they don't? OH NOES! you two with a few others could assclown and throw them under a bus! you are fourty one. you are a man. right?

on the contrary. there is accountability for factors that i have no control over. still, i find a way to make it work to the positive. probably because i do not sit around and think that everyone else owes me something that they don't.

my point being that you and bb were on quite a roll with the "buffs owe me" POV. they had BETTA just get it together, right?

what if they don't? OH NOES! you two with a few others could assclown and throw them under a bus! you are fourty one. you are a man. right?

Mike gundy says so. It's not an "Or else" thing, we have no control over it like you said,it's more if they don't,this will be 2006 all over again. We want better for cu,players and the fans. I want guys like hypolite and the other seniors who endured a ton here to go out with a good season, they are class kids.

Mike gundy says so. It's not an "Or else" thing, we have no control over it like you said,it's more if they don't,this will be 2006 all over again. We want better for cu,players and the fans. I want guys like hypolite and the other seniors who endured a ton here to go out with a good season, they are class kids.

so long as you can keep that in mind when you post about all buff kids, then i cannot see having an issue with you.

i do not require sunshine. but i damn well expect respect for what they do.

so long as you can keep that in mind when you post about all buff kids, then i cannot see having an issue with you.

i do not require sunshine. but i damn well expect respect for what they do.

I do respect them they are buffs and go out and bust their butts.

I did not mean to mock or bash any of the OL, it came out that way and it was wrong . But I EXPECT more from coaches making good money.

I'm not asking for much, just for cu to start producing and playing to the hype that the coaches have bestowed on us.

I do respect them they are buffs and go out and bust their butts.

I did not mean to mock or bash any of the OL, it came out that way and it was wrong . But I EXPECT more from coaches making good money.

I'm not asking for much, just for cu to start producing and playing to the hype that the coaches have bestowed on us.

cool. no problem with that.

We started 2006 0-6. We're 2-0 right now. This is a far cry from 2006.

We have a brutal 4-game stretch coming up. If we can somehow figure out a way to win 2 of those 4 games, we're in great shape for the rest of the season. Let's see how these next four games play out.

If CU wins 2 of the next 4, I think they're going to win 8 or 9 games. Taking 2 from WVU, FSU, UT and KU would be HUGE.

I'd be very happy with 2-2 the next 4, but I don't think it's going to happen. Not the way yesterday went down.

If CU wins 2 of the next 4, I think they're going to win 8 or 9 games. Taking 2 from WVU, FSU, UT and KU would be HUGE.

I'd be very happy with 2-2 the next 4, but I don't think it's going to happen. Not the way yesterday went down.

If recent history has shown us anything, it's that anything is possible. Of those 4 teams, only UT is looking unbeatable right now. Even they have their weaknesses.

Who would have predicted the OU win last year?

If recent history has shown us anything, it's that anything is possible. Of those 4 teams, only UT is looking unbeatable right now. Even they have their weaknesses.

Who would have predicted the OU win last year?

Sure, it's possible. I won't deny that. I just don't think it's very likely from what we have seen from this team so far. Huge improvements in OL play (at a minimum) would have to occur to get there.

I hope it happens, I'm just not counting on it.

Agreed, going 2-2 against 4 ranked teams would be very good.

Hey, if we feel like we should be ranked, then we should also feel like we can beat ranked teams, right?

If you want to be the man, you got to beat the man.

Hey, if we feel like we should be ranked, then we should also feel like we can beat ranked teams, right?

If you want to be the man, you got to beat the man.

Agreed, although I'm not one of the ones saying we should be ranked. :smile2:

I usually wait until Monday to comment on a game so I can cool off.

On eword describes the O CU is running. The word is "Cutesy". The spread will work, see WVU, MU, KU et al. but it is imperative to have a QB who is a legit threat to run and the ability to go deep. The spread MUST have a stretch on the D vertically and horizontally.

I fear CU does not have a QB who can scare D's with the occasional Deep Ball. To Helfrich's credit, they did try a couple of deep balls. But overall, it was dink and dunk. That allows the safeties to come up nice and tight in run support.

Add in the front seven gets a nice 1-1.5 second jump on the O from watching the OL blocks and they know whether it is a run or pass BEFORE, the CU RB even gets the ball. That would be offset by a fear that the RB might go one way, with or without the ball, while the QB is a threat to pull the ball and go the other on a run. CU doesn't have that, and without this O will be very limited.

I hope and pray, CU is being vanilla because they feel they can against current competition.

A win is nice though.

But for the life of me, sitting in the cheap seats, it looked like their DL was 40-50# lighter than our OL. Set Scott in the I and run, baby, run. 90 yards against a D1AA school is unfathomable.

"Cutesy", I'm done, on to next week.

Love the thread title...because I AGREE completely...but when we say throw the ball downfield, I don't mean 30 yard bombs all the time, but 10-15 yard passes....they started doing that in the 4th Qtr and look what happened

Also, do we not have enough receivers to put out a 4 or 5 WR spread??? I saw a 4 WR spread maybe twice, but I think something like this and like EWU runs is what the no huddle O-ffense is designed for?? Put Scott & Stewert at WR??

Sitting in the end zone one thing I saw a lot of was Hawkins making the 4 yard throw, when he had a second receiver down field 10-15 yards open. I'm still not sure how good he is on his reads.

I will give him credit for not having any time to throw. The O line was bad most of the game.

My only D complaint was lack of pass rush. When you break down the stats they played very well. 2nd half the were great. Pick 6 and a fumble on your own 25 for a short field TD. Other than the opening drive, the D was pretty solid.

In one of the many threads about how this season would go I said that the offense would go as far as the OL would take it. Clearly the OL is behind where many of us thought (hoped?) they would be. I seriously hoped in the CSU game it was because they had not opened up the playbook. Not sure I can keep thinking that.

No matter how good the rest of the players are, this offense will go nowhere until the OL plays better.

Am I the only one that thinks the O-Line is behind is because Grimes has dicked around with getting his line set.

It's nice to play "the better player will step up" routine but if 2006 taught us anything it's get your players set and go with what you have. Not having a named front four killed us last week. Just like not having a set offense killed us in 2006.

Why is this concept so hard to grasp. Every other coach that has taken over a program and been mildly successful get's his players set as fast as he can to get them and the unit as many reps as they can.

They may not be the best but he goes with them. Why can't Hawk et al get this concept?

I am hearing rumours-- supposedly from close people to the team-- that we will see alot more that we like starting with WVU. Including a big dose of the I, or at least a good variant of the I. We will see if it is true or not.

I am hearing rumours-- supposedly from close people to the team-- that we will see alot more that we like starting with WVU. Including a big dose of the I, or at least a good variant of the I. We will see if it is true or not.

If that's true I will be downright giddy next Thursday....If we come out first play out the Power I, I can see Bill Stewart **** his pants saying "What the hell is this, we're not ready for this???" :lol::lol:

If that's true I will be downright giddy next Thursday....If we come out first play out the Power I, I can see Bill Stewart **** his pants saying "What the hell is this, we're not ready for this???" :lol::lol:

Unless, of course, he reads Allbuffs.

Loose lips sink ships.

:thumbsup:

Unless, of course, he reads Allbuffs.

Loose lips sink ships.

Gotcha :thumbsup:...we'll just have to keep all our inside info on double secret lockdown james bond style secrecy...we can use code words like "West Vag U", "Pat Shyte" & "There's nothing Divine bout Noel"

Gotcha :thumbsup:...we'll just have to keep all our inside info on double secret lockdown james bond style secrecy...we can use code words like "West Vag U", "Pat Shyte" & "There's nothing Divine bout Noel"

that's the spirit!

This makes me excited... I was already stoked to go watch the Buffs on Thursday night but this news just gets me giddy...

Like you said though, we'll have to wait and see but I think we can all agree that if we come out there and run the same offense that we did against CSU and EWU, then we'll be pretty much screwed.

Either way, I'm super excited for this game... especially because I really truly do think they'll open up the playbook for this game. At least I really truly do hope so. :smile2:

POWER I, POWER I, POWER I.

you guys are ranting and ranting, but based on our first 2 games we cant really run between the tackles and the interior of opposing D-lines can chew up our guards. running a power I or any other heavy pro-set doesn't work when you have a DT in your backfield.

I sure hope so. Get DS running downhill before he gets the ball and watch the f out!

Back