What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs hire former Minnesota OC Mike Sanford as their new OC

I tend to wonder if KD was less of a problem that Chev was.
There were a few times the tv would show Chev getting mad at a play call that I’m assuming was done by KD overriding Chris initial call.
Perhaps KD knew all along we wouldn’t be good this year with the limitations of a mediocre at best roster and a horrible OC?

Give him another chance to prove himself as head coach? Maybe.
Trying to find a silver lining.

I didn't realize Langsdorf's contract is up this year. I really don't think he's going to be the guy, which is heartening at least
Seeing a lot of recruiting visit pictures with KD and various assistants. Haven’t seen Langsdorf in any of them. Maybe I just missed it, but yes, the writing does appear to be on the wall that we will be looking for a new QB coach soon, as well.

Seeing a lot of recruiting visit pictures with KD and various assistants. Haven’t seen Langsdorf in any of them. Maybe I just missed it, but yes, the writing does appear to be on the wall that we will be looking for a new QB coach soon, as well.
Langsdorf hasn't been involved in recruiting anyone except McCown, so let's wait and see who is in the picture when KD does his in home there. It looks like they are starting in the South and haven't gotten to Texas yet.

FWIW, it looks like Brennan Marion did call plays and coach QBs at William & Mary (under old friend Mike London!) and Howard.

I'm sorry to say it, but his coaching path looks somewhat similar to Chiaverini's. I think he has a better breadth of experience, but he is still very green and not the QB/OC guy I would prefer

He really only recruits the QB position so I wouldn't look too much into this yet.

Why the hell is Neill Woelk retweeting this?

That is not a good vibe. I think Bobo is an upgrade from Chevy, but not really the direction I want to see them go. I get a sinking feeling every time I think if RG warming up the contract machine.....

I don’t get the Bobo nods. Fricking 44-7 in 2016. 45-13 in 2018. Bobo was the HMFIC of the Lambs at these moments. Might as well bring in FHCMM to run the offense.

waynes world wayne campell GIF

Why am I the only 1 on the Graham Harrell as OC train?
1. P5 coaching/play calling experience
2. Runs a system I think our players can succeed in (read not pro style)
3. Cali and TX recruiting connections
4. Splash hire (by Buffs standards)
5. Was getting head coach buzz last year (Could take over for KD if things go well)

doesn’t this check all the major boxes we would want? What am I missing? (Spare the Buffs suck and why would he come here comments please. I know that already)

Why am I the only 1 on the Graham Harrell as OC train?
1. P5 coaching/play calling experience
2. Runs a system I think our players can succeed in (read not pro style)
3. Cali and TX recruiting connections
4. Splash hire (by Buffs standards)
5. Was getting head coach buzz last year (Could take over for KD if things go well)

doesn’t this check all the major boxes we would want? What am I missing? (Spare the Buffs suck and why would he come here comments please. I know that already)
Because the Air Raid is not a solid offense. If it was USC would not do so poorly. The Air Raid is an equalizer offense, like the triple, but it has serious limitations. That is why none of the big boys, even with superior talent like SC, go anywhere with it. Mike Leach, the Air Raid's most accomplished practitioner, is a .590 coach. It will take a team off the floormat pretty quickly, but the ceiling is pretty low.

Because the Air Raid is not a solid offense. If it was USC would not do so poorly. The Air Raid is an equalizer offense, like the triple, but it has serious limitations. That is why none of the big boys, even with superior talent like SC, go anywhere with it. Mike Leach, the Air Raid's most accomplished practitioner, is a .590 coach. It will take a team off the floormat pretty quickly, but the ceiling is pretty low.
I’ll take getting off the floormat quickly, tyvm

I’ll take getting off the floormat quickly, tyvm
Good point, but USC is 20-13 running the Air Raid. Why? They are loaded with talent. And with all that, the run about .600.

Sure, you could probably get an extra win or two out of the Air Raid in Boulder....until it snows.

So, put me down for a read-option based run offense, please. Leave the PlayStation offense to Mississippi St.

A little off. Mike Leach is a career 150-102 coach who has only missed a bowl in 2 of 20 seasons.

150 divided by 252 is .592380, so yeah, I am off by .002380, sorry about that. I am merely pointing out the best Air Raid coach out there is pretty pedestrian. I think other offenses are better suited for Boulder.
Sorry I thought you said he was a career 500 coach.

150 divided by 252 is .592380, so yeah, I am off by .002380, sorry about that. I am merely pointing out the best Air Raid coach out there is pretty pedestrian. I think other offenses are better suited for Boulder.
I get your point, but since Barnett, CU has a .322 winning percentage, so .600 sounds pretty good. Maybe CU football is at a point where a niche offense is the best way to get to 6+ wins/year with the occasional 9-10 win season.

None of it really matters, though, because KD and RG aren't going that direction

I get your point, but since Barnett, CU has a .322 winning percentage, so .600 sounds pretty good. Maybe CU football is at a point where a niche offense is the best way to get to 6+ wins/year with the occasional 9-10 win season.

None of it really matters, though, because KD and RG aren't going that direction
Well that's super depressing. A 32% winning percentage over that time period is hard to do, but the Buffs have clearly excelled at that.

Back