What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs hire former Minnesota OC Mike Sanford as their new OC

I know he struggled (putting it mildly) at Arizona, but what is Kevin Sumlin up to these days?

There's a glut of good former HC's that could be had to replace Chev, right? I know that's idealistic to think, but . . . please?

The next OC is already on staff.
You are probably right, but CU could use some infusion of experienced CFB coordinators. Unlike some, I am not nearly as down on Chris Wilson. I think he is a pretty sound choice at DC.

If I could shake up the staff, I would consider Dan Enos as OC. He's currently at Maryland, been around a long time and has stops at Michigan, Miami, Arky et. al. If you wanted to go younger, I would suggest Barry Lunney at UTSA.

I would also can the TE coach and hire James Shibest from the soon to be fired VT staff. The guy is money on ST/TE.

Just a thought. These are guys CU would have a legit chance of getting IMO.

In the end, Langsdorf will get the OC job and some NFL retread, retired on the job, crony of HCKD will get a raise to come be the CU WR coach.

You are probably right, but CU could use some infusion of experienced CFB coordinators. Unlike some, I am not nearly as down on Chris Wilson. I think he is a pretty sound choice at DC.

If I could shake up the staff, I would consider Dan Enos as OC. He's currently at Maryland, been around a long time and has stops at Michigan, Miami, Arky et. al. If you wanted to go younger, I would suggest Barry Lunney at UTSA.

I would also can the TE coach and hire James Shibest from the soon to be fired VT staff. The guy is money on ST/TE.

Just a thought. These are guys CU would have a legit chance of getting IMO.

In the end, Langsdorf will get the OC job and some NFL retread, retired on the job, crony of HCKD will get a raise to come be the CU WR coach.
It takes a certain personality to hire people who are smarter or more talented than you to be your employee. Karl Dorrell has not demonstrated that he has this kind of personality.

Kent State won 38-0 with 410 rushing yards.
Happy Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

I think Seth Littrell, Jake Spavital and Chip Long are also guys on the fan board approved list. Not so sure Bobo would be.
Seems like Seth Littrell might have a shot at surviving this season, they have won a few straight games, and a win next week over UTSA would put them in a bowl.

@Duff Man, you probably paid more attention to Chip Lindsey with him having spent time at Auburn. What do you think about him as a possible OC option? He seemed to emphasize a lot of the run/play action KD prioritizes, but also had some explosiveness to his offenses.

@Duff Man, you probably paid more attention to Chip Lindsey with him having spent time at Auburn. What do you think about him as a possible OC option? He seemed to emphasize a lot of the run/play action KD prioritizes, but also had some explosiveness to his offenses.

I think it is hard to evaluate OCs under Malzahn because Malzahn is such a micromanager on offense. Probably would be okay.

Personally, I think Paul Petrino is a guy worth pursuing.

Back