What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Offensive Line

Check out the offensive line lineups for the CU v NU game in 2001 (greatest game ever)

ST Justin Bates
SG Marwan Hage
C Wayne Lucier
TG Andre Gurode
TT Victor Rogers

What do those mean?
Strongside Tackle

They would lineup differently each time depending on if the ball is spotted on the left hash or right hash. Rewatch the game.

Check out the offensive line lineups for the CU v NU game in 2001 (greatest game ever)

ST Justin Bates
SG Marwan Hage
C Wayne Lucier
TG Andre Gurode
TT Victor Rogers

What do those mean?
Strongside Tackle

They would lineup differently each time depending on if the ball is spotted on the left hash or right hash. Rewatch the game.
That was a hell of a good oline, I ran into Victor Rogers at the Foundry that year, he was a big dude.

ST Justin Bates
SG Marwan Hage
C Wayne Lucier
TG Andre Gurode
TT Victor Rogers

What do those mean?
Strongside Tackle

I was curious about the ST vs TT since TT usually means "Tight Tackle" and thus playing on the strong side of the field (next to the tight end); so curious why they would also call the ST the Strong Tackle.

Turns out, they don't: it stands for "Split Tackle" since they ran the option the ST would line up in position to have running lanes on the inside and also block for the outside lane.

Very interesting way to operate. Would love to sit with Barnett and ask how it all worked, because on that great day, it worked fantastic!!!

I am a little baffled by the Fillip talk. I felt like he was a bright spot on the line last year and would be surprised if he doesn't get first crack at starting RT.

Got it.

I do not think he has practiced at tackle much at all regardless. Hell, if he is starting anywhere... yikes.
That's OK, you can ridicule the "early prediction" just be sure to ridicule the right position. (y)

Not sure about where he has practiced during his time at CU. In HS he played both LG and LT. His size and skill seems like a run-blocking RT to me. Fillip didn't impress much last year.

Although with the new staff I guess all bets are off and we'll see who rises to the top.

That's OK, you can ridicule the "early prediction" just be sure to ridicule the right position. (y)

Not sure about where he has practiced during his time at CU. In HS he played both LG and LT. His size and skill seems like a run-blocking RT to me. Fillip didn't impress much last year.

Although with the new staff I guess all bets are off and we'll see who rises to the top.

We shall see, but the reports on him since he got to Boulder are not kind.

Back