What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Offensive power running game

Trump's Eunuch

I'm 6'4" and "own a gym" (not in my basement)
I hope Chev remembers the good ol days. Just the pre game jitters but just hope he has sorts yardage packages. I haven't been able to watch anything so this is going by their listed roster size . Travon is certainly big enough to lower his shoulder and get yards the hard way. I hope Beau would be able to but at 2" taller he needs to be 10 pounds heavier and do his best Brandon Jacobs or better yet the best ever #22 CB impersonation. I assume Evans hits you like an ant man sized Mike Tyson's tiger punch to the gut and or balls. Montez can be used when needed but we'll see his from the spread mostly, which I'm fine with. Part 2 of rant below.

Cu's best offenses have always had a good if not great. Imo in cfb a, we're gonna run it down your throat and there's nothing you can do can be deadly. I'm not suggesting change the offense but in certain situations I hope we see it. We had a bit of that in 2016 and it helped the offense a ton. Just off the top of my head the first drive of Washington State after sefos missed long ball.

They will run some sets with McMillian or Bish with an h-back in special situations. Otherwise, I don’t expect to see much power running.

They will run some sets with McMillian or Bish with an h-back in special situations. Otherwise, I don’t expect to see much power running.
I think McMillian played QB in high school.

I wouldn't mind seeing a little wildcat with him where they motion Montez outside and do some of those power runs they did with Sefo in 2016 with Bish.

I hope Chev remembers the good ol days. Just the pre game jitters but just hope he has sorts yardage packages. I haven't been able to watch anything so this is going by their listed roster size . Travon is certainly big enough to lower his shoulder and get yards the hard way. I hope Beau would be able to but at 2" taller he needs to be 10 pounds heavier and do his best Brandon Jacobs or better yet the best ever #22 CB impersonation. I assume Evans hits you like an ant man sized Mike Tyson's tiger punch to the gut and or balls. Montez can be used when needed but we'll see his from the spread mostly, which I'm fine with. Part 2 of rant below.

Cu's best offenses have always had a good if not great. Imo in cfb a, we're gonna run it down your throat and there's nothing you can do can be deadly. I'm not suggesting change the offense but in certain situations I hope we see it. We had a bit of that in 2016 and it helped the offense a ton. Just off the top of my head the first drive of Washington State after sefos missed long ball.

You want to run the ball at the expense of spreading it around to our wide receivers? I'd rather run a balanced spread- like we have been.

I wouldn't mind seeing a little wildcat with him where they motion Montez outside and do some of those power runs they did with Sefo in 2016 with Bish.
That could work. Easy to do. When in h-back set, RB seems to be in pistol formation.

I know he’s small, but K.D. seems like the perfect guy to set up some sort of wildcat package for. Very much reminds me of a shorter Percy Harvin. Not sure if he could throw or if his size would really make it a poor idea, but I’ve always thought he’s the perfect candidate.

I know he’s small, but K.D. seems like the perfect guy to set up some sort of wildcat package for. Very much reminds me of a shorter Percy Harvin. Not sure if he could throw or if his size would really make it a poor idea, but I’ve always thought he’s the perfect candidate.
He would be good as the sweep guy. Let McMillian be the trigger man, and KD the jet sweep distraction.

You said power game? As in also including the QBs especially Sefo?

Sefo was a good tough runner. Having 10 blockers for a QB run between the tackles helped our O a lot in 16. Hopefully we won't need montez to do what sefo had to do some games in 16, but I would like to see it occasionally. We all know we'll see montez run w spread option, I'm just hoping we see it with our power formations

Need a power back like this guy in wildcat, don't abuse the QB

william-perrybearspatriot.jpg

Phone sucks. 'Cu offense has been best when they've had a good if not great run game.'

Ahh yes what all buff thread would not be complete with a good old **** you from 96... You swayed me this time, I agree
in defense of your phone manufacturer, I promise there is no feature they added to that thing that removes the words "run game" from all your forum posts.

I think you are probably just **** at typing and too impatient to proof your own posts.

I mean "you were probably just more focused on your work or something"...stupid auto-correct.

Need a power back like this guy in wildcat, don't abuse the QB

william-perrybearspatriot.jpg
It was unfortunate that the Fridge got a TD in the Bears Super Bowl and Walter Payton did not. However, the Bears did kick some ass, and the championship is most important.

in defense of your phone manufacturer, I promise there is no feature they added to that thing that removes the words "run game" from all your forum posts.

I think you are probably just **** at typing and too impatient to proof your own posts.

I mean "you were probably just more focused on your work or something"...stupid auto-correct.
It just sounds like English wasn’t the OP’s first language.

Watching the 2016 WSU and Utah games and Sefo was a beast running the ball. It was highly effective. Would like to see them do it enough with Montez to require the D to respect it.

The balance is the key.

I don't want to see Montez taking a lot of hits. A lot of the runs Sefo did resulted in more bruises and aches for him than yards.

Montez though for a guy his size has some foot speed. If they time it right and he rips off a few big runs of 15 or more yards he can force the defense to worry about him and play up some leaving more space for the receivers to work. Also the occasional big gain from the QB can keep the defense on the field and turn momentum sometimes.

Running Montez should not be a regular part of the offense but should be used enough to force defenses to think about it. He is not a guy like Sefo though who is going to pick up the tough yardage in short yardage situations, he needs and can use more open space.

Our O in 16 was really good. No gaudy numbers but we controlled the clock and moved it when we had to.

Back