What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Offer the house to Shanny

He actually did better than pretty much every coach who lost a HOF QB. He had his faults, namely when it comes to personnel decision and especially on the defensive side, but a pedestrian coach doesn´t get 35 wins out of Jake Plummer in 3 seasons and deals Brady and Belichick their first playoff loss.
Shanny had ONE playoff win in the 10 seasons after Elway retired.... ONE.

I was talking with someone yesterday and they brought up Chuck Pagano. He honestly makes a LOT of sense.
IF CU decides to let MacIntyre go he is a far better fit than Shanny.

Can Pagano recruit and does he even want to?
Pagano has actually coached college within the last 20 years. How much does a head coach recruit other than kissing parents asses late in the game and early in the game? I think he would enjoy it. He doesn't seem like he is excited as he was in Indy.

Pagano has actually coached college within the last 20 years. How much does a head coach recruit other than kissing parents asses late in the game and early in the game? I think he would enjoy it. He doesn't seem like he is excited as he was in Indy.
I don't know the entire recruiting process from a coaching staff's perspective, but while the HC may not be constantly on the road doing the recruiting, I imagine it puts a pretty big stress on him to manage the strategy, keep track of players, watch all the film, be constantly talking/texting with players on the phone, etc. It just adds a whole new dimension to coaching that is just as, if not more, important than the actual X's and O's.

Pagano has fallen out with their GM. Pagano was on Butch Davis´ staff for more than ten years, both with the Canes and Browns.

Pagano is an intriguing proposition.

He'll be available after this season because he's being ****ed over by a perfect storm of being in the last year of his contract, working for a dickhead owner who wants him gone, a lack of defensive talent, and a star QB with a bum shoulder. He'll probably still win the AFC South because of how terrible it is, but Indy will probably lose early on in the playoffs and Irsay will just not extend his contract.

I wonder if he'll be interested in coming back home to Boulder. I think he'd have enough of an NFL reputation to have that going for him in the recruiting game.

The questions that I would want to ask before I'd say I'd want him here though is what kind of assistants would he be able to bring here, and what kind of offense would he be wanting to run. Unlike other people here, I think an immediate change to an NFL offense would be disastrous. NFL offenses are not going to work in the Pac-12 without at least the talent to run it at a high level, and we don't have that, especially at the QB position.

Pagano is an intriguing proposition.

He'll be available after this season because he's being ****ed over by a perfect storm of being in the last year of his contract, working for a ****head owner who wants him gone, a lack of defensive talent, and a star QB with a bum shoulder. He'll probably still win the AFC South because of how terrible it is, but Indy will probably lose early on in the playoffs and Irsay will just not extend his contract.

I wonder if he'll be interested in coming back home to Boulder. I think he'd have enough of an NFL reputation to have that going for him in the recruiting game.

The questions that I would want to ask before I'd say I'd want him here though is what kind of assistants would he be able to bring here, and what kind of offense would he be wanting to run. Unlike other people here, I think an immediate change to an NFL offense would be disastrous. NFL offenses are not going to work in the Pac-12 without at least the talent to run it at a high level, and we don't have that, especially at the QB position.

You´d have to think Pep Hamilton will be available as an OC.

I think the converstation is all air because M2 isn't going anywhere but Pagano is the best suggestion I've seen so far.

I think he would be very open to keeping Leavitt at DC, this would likely keep the best of our recruiting class together and not cause us to lose a year in talent that we can't afford. He is respected enough and has the connections to bring in a quality OC. If Leavitt decided to leave I would expect a quality P5 level replacement there as well.

One thing Miami has always been able to do since days of Schnelenberger (sp) is recruit, Davis's staff recruited. Pagano knows that game.

He may want to stay in the NFL and would likely have some options but he is a Boulder guy and as mentioned may have had enough of NFL owners and GMs and agents. A huge advantage of being a college HC is that you are usually the king of your program. You get to pick your recruits, your assistants, you system, etc. You are responsible for the things that your results are based on.

You´d have to think Pep Hamilton will be available as an OC.

Well I guess that would be one of the potentials problems of bringing in a NFL coach. Granted, I don't know what kind of offenses Pep was involved with before he basically inherited the Stanford offense, but the offense he has run for quite a few years now (the Andrew Luck offense, if you will) would be disastrous here, at least in the short term.

I think the converstation is all air because M2 isn't going anywhere but Pagano is the best suggestion I've seen so far.

I think he would be very open to keeping Leavitt at DC, this would likely keep the best of our recruiting class together and not cause us to lose a year in talent that we can't afford. He is respected enough and has the connections to bring in a quality OC. If Leavitt decided to leave I would expect a quality P5 level replacement there as well.

One thing Miami has always been able to do since days of Schnelenberger (sp) is recruit, Davis's staff recruited. Pagano knows that game.

He may want to stay in the NFL and would likely have some options but he is a Boulder guy and as mentioned may have had enough of NFL owners and GMs and agents. A huge advantage of being a college HC is that you are usually the king of your program. You get to pick your recruits, your assistants, you system, etc. You are responsible for the things that your results are based on.

I only bring it up because I thought that was intriguing.

I don't want to make this the Coaches thread but if we don't beat Oregon State, we most likely can't beat anyone in conference. Two consecutive 0fer in conference doesn't warrant keeping a coach. No matter how much people try to say otherwise, you can't sell that many consecutive conference losses!

This whole thread is awesome and all. But we are not getting a new coach this year. At least, I'd be shocked.

Only one man can save us. Bill McCartney!!!
tFSXmFJ.png

Back