What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2012 Colorado Coach Search Rumor Compendium - Waiting for the RB Coach

Scherer might be retained. The guy who kept telling us Webb is our best option at QB...

Scherer might be retained. The guy who kept telling us Webb is our best option at QB...

I have to believe with all the NFL shakeup that he'd get a better paying/profile offer there and take it. That he looked like a genius developing Hansen and then like a flop with the group we had this past season should be indicative of the talent he had to work with and for his sake should not make him damaged goods in the coaching market. Really think he is an asset based on 2011 but I hope he gets rewarded with an NFL offer. Plus I don't see Lindgren taking another position to let Rip stay on for maybe another year rental and overpay based on his tenure here and elsewhere.

Per multiple sources, Darian Hagan is staying on, with a title along the lines of Director of Personnel

That's what I was thinking too. I guess that doesn't bode well for getting Forman here as the S&C coach.

S&C coach isn't part of the coaching staff per se, more of a support position. The linked article didn't mention anything about any of those admin/support positions, so there might still be a chance.

So they post the "news release" as CU begins its game against AZ? To boot, they only name the guys we've known about for a week. GAWD THIS AD SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! WILL THEY EVER GET ANYTHING RIGHT?

yea, I do not understand all this...even if Colorado is not the most attractive job out there, even at the assistant level?
the kind of $ being thrown around you think coaches would be beating on the door? Maybe MM is being really selective?

hmm. does suggest that certain guys are not coming. This despite the fact that other outlets have confirmed guys like La Russa are already hired. Strange.

So they post the "news release" as CU begins its game against AZ? To boot, they only name the guys we've known about for a week. GAWD THIS AD SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! WILL THEY EVER GET ANYTHING RIGHT?

Didja, even for a moment, think that the staff announcement was really anti-climatic since Ringo posted it yesterday and that the AD wanted all the attention focused on the BB team at AZ???

Well, didja? Oh, wait, its DBT........................ Of course you didn't!

Didja, even for a moment, think that the staff announcement was really anti-climatic since Ringo posted it yesterday and that the AD wanted all the attention focused on the BB team at AZ???

Well, didja? Oh, wait, its DBT........................ Of course you didn't!

Didja think for a minute that your counter makes no sense at all?

Simply put, if they didn't want the competition with basketball, they wouldn't have made any announcement. Even with Ringo's article (didn't he only confirm 6 from SJSU?) the AD's announcement did nothing to shift attention back to the BB game.

You still want to showcase your Football coaching staff announcement.

It's rare, but DBT is right on this one.

yea, I do not understand all this...even if Colorado is not the most attractive job out there, even at the assistant level?
the kind of $ being thrown around you think coaches would be beating on the door? Maybe MM is being really selective?

I guarantee you HCMM is being selective. But that doesn't mean he's going after guys we think he should be going after. There is a lot of shifting this week with the NFL mass firings and certain CFB coaches interviewing for NFL jobs. That has a way of freeing things up and having a trickle down effect.

It's not unusual for the last few positions to be filled after signing day. Rip didn't sign with Embree until late January, although they were clearly talking much sooner.

HCMM has announced his guys that are on the job, the ones he wanted from SJSU. That includes both coordinators, who are busy studying film to assess once again:

1. what holes need to be plugged now with this class
2. what pipeline/balance issues need to be address with this class
3. How will they spend their next 4 weeks on the road most effectively

My guess is now MacIntyre is going after outside guys that are recently available, if he doesn't land them he will hire guys like LaRussa

I just hope he doesn't become desperate and keep a non deserving coach from previous staff

Updated Grid:

2012-13 Coaching Staff
Position​ CoachHired (Level of Certainty Included)
Head CoachMike MacintyreYes (CU Confirmed)
Defensive Coordinator (also LB's?)Kent BaerYes (CU Confirmed)
Offensive Coordinator (also QB)Brian LindgrenYes (CU Confirmed)
LinebackersN/A?
Defensive SecondaryCharles ClarkYes (CU Confirmed)
Defensive LineJim JeffcoatYes (CU Confirmed)
Cornerbacks/Special TeamsAndy La RussaYes ? (Stated by FootballScoop)
Strength and ConditioningDave Forman(Soon via Denver Post)
Offensive LineGary BernardiYes (CU Confirmed)
Tight EndsKlayton AdamsYes (CU Confirmed)
Wide Receivers?
Running Backs?

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it, but has Bieniemy's contract officially been terminated? He's been so quiet during this whole ordeal, I'm wondering if there is some slim chance Coach Mac actually keeps him on as RB coach? The spot still hasn't been filled. I'm not even sure if EB wants any part of this program anymore, but who knows.

That ain't happening.

Probably not, but I actually wouldn't be totally against it. If you believe the reports that he and Embree weren't on the best terms at the end then perhaps he doesn't hold the same animosity toward CU the Embree does, particularly if he hasn't officially been terminated yet.

I think he can be a hell if a RB coach if he's willing to take on that role - Powell had a heck of a season for a guy who never carried the ball more than 5 times a game before coming to CU. Probably more likely that he goes back to the NFL if he's going to be a RB coach again, but who knows.

I'm probably just reading too much into the coincidence that 1) CU hasn't officially terminated EB that I know of, 2) EB hasn't landed another job, 3) EB has been very quiet in the aftermath of Embree's firing, and 4) we still haven't hired a RB coach.

Powell did well for he same reasons MJD and AP did. Spotting talent doesn't equal coaching talent.

First of all, so what? If he brings in talent and let's them do their thing that's fine with me. If the only thing he does is bring in the next MJD and not screw him up then I'm good with that.

Secondly, Powell is no MJD or Peterson...far from it. He was a high school fullback who became a productive RB as a freshman in a completely inept offense where the opposing D knew he was our only real weapon. EB did a good job with Powell this season IMO.

First of all, so what? If he brings in talent and let's them do their thing that's fine with me. If the only thing he does is bring in the next MJD and not screw him up then I'm good with that.

Secondly, Powell is no MJD or Peterson...far from it. He was a high school fullback who became a productive RB as a freshman in a completely inept offense where the opposing D knew he was our only real weapon. EB did a good job with Powell this season IMO.
You could be right. We'll see...

Back