What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2012 Colorado Coach Search Rumor Compendium - Waiting for the RB Coach

footballscoop.com is reporting that Billy Gonzales is being essentially demoted from co-offensive coordinator to just receivers coach as a new offensive coordinator is going to be brought in. He's seemingly a Colorado guy, any chance we'd make a run at him for our vacant receiver position? Also, Illinois has parted ways with their other co-offensive coordinator who has previous experience as a RB and WR coach with West Virginia. Not sure if either of these gents would be a fit for us here in Boulder, just spitballing.

Reactions: aik
footballscoop.com is reporting that Billy Gonzales is being essentially demoted from co-offensive coordinator to just receivers coach as a new offensive coordinator is going to be brought in. He's seemingly a Colorado guy, any chance we'd make a run at him for our vacant receiver position? Also, Illinois has parted ways with their other co-offensive coordinator who has previous experience as a RB and WR coach with West Virginia. Not sure if either of these gents would be a fit for us here in Boulder, just spitballing.

Co-offensive co-ordinator?

From a wolfpack poster on another site:

He had a really good relationship with our best commit so far in WR Kyrin Priester. So good that Priester had planned on de-committing if Walters wasn't retained (he has taken back that comment, but he really liked Walters). I think he has some potential in the recruiting department, but TOB isn't known for closing the deal, so it's really tough to tell.
Walters is also a very good guy, very classy. I hope he does well.

Nice hire. Definitely a lot of youth on the new staff, which I think is a good thing.

if we could grab Mike hayward as a rb/st coach... id be ecstatic... dude is out of work so im sure he would jump at it

Reactions: aik
I still have my fingers crossed for Jamie Christian as RB/ST coach. He'd really help us lock down some of our main recruiting areas. He even stole a WR from Notre Dame on signing day last year at Houston of all places.

Wayne Moses would also be a nice addition if we're looking for someone with serious P10 experience. He was at Idaho last year and I'm not sure if he was retained by the new staff.

That said, given that I don't think anyone saw Walters coming our way, I guess we can let Mac choose his last two staffers. :thumbsup:

I like the Walters hire a lot. And Heywood wouldn't be a problem, his baggage doesn't really mean much as an assistant coach. Remember how everyone magically forgot about Bieniemy's past misdoings?

I guess the Walters hire shows MacIntyre will hire outside of his coaching "tree." My guess is they met up during the coaching conference in Nashville.

I still have my fingers crossed for Jamie Christian as RB/ST coach. He'd really help us lock down some of our main recruiting areas. He even stole a WR from Notre Dame on signing day last year at Houston of all places.

Wayne Moses would also be a nice addition if we're looking for someone with serious P10 experience. He was at Idaho last year and I'm not sure if he was retained by the new staff.

That said, given that I don't think anyone saw Walters coming our way, I guess we can let Mac choose his last two staffers. :thumbsup:

Moses's resume is a trip. He's been a RB coach for all but 2 years since 1979, including half the PAC 12. Talk about never moving up the ladder. 31 years as a RB coach and he's made it to Idaho. What's up with that?

Moses's resume is a trip. He's been a RB coach for all but 2 years since 1979, including half the PAC 12. Talk about never moving up the ladder. 31 years as a RB coach and he's made it to Idaho. What's up with that?

Yeah I thought it was kinda funny too. Almost read like Baer's/Bernardi's. So, if people want an experienced RB coach, I don't think we'll find anyone more fitting than Moses.

However, I hope we go after Christian and not Moses. Or another up and comer type that is hungry. Last staff was heavy on the white hairs, this staff hopefully going heavy on younger guys.

Footballscoop says Ronnie Bradford is rumored to join the La Tech staff as DB/ST coach. I think he would make a really good addition to our staff some day. Hopefully, MacIntyre has someone better in mind for the last defensive AC spot, but Evans at Safties and Bradford at CB's with MacIntyres input would have been very promising setup.

I like the Walters hire a lot. And Heywood wouldn't be a problem, his baggage doesn't really mean much as an assistant coach. Remember how everyone magically forgot about Bieniemy's past misdoings?

I have not had any official contact with HCMM and I am only focused on my work here in OR. I don't let outside distractions affect what I am trying to achieve here.

Also those records of my past have been thouroughly [redacted] and besides I paid for a new horse and three squad cars; completely refurbished the chappel (including stained glass windows), apologized to the pope and the owner/staff of the Chicken Ranch; and spent over 1000 hours of community service working with a animal psychologist at the zoo to try and reverse the damage I inflicted on those poor poor animals.

Last edited:
Anything new on the last two coaches? I remember it took a long time to get Rip Scherer on board last time, but that didn't exactly help our recruiting decisions that cycle (Stevie Joe Dorman and Brent Burnette).

Any chance we could still get Lubick as DB coach with Evans coaching Safties or CB's?
Give him Assistant HC title, DB passing coordinator and recruiting coordinator and pay him what it takes to come to CU.
A recruiting star,like him, goes a long way to getting us back on top.

Anything new on the last two coaches? I remember it took a long time to get Rip Scherer on board last time, but that didn't exactly help our recruiting decisions that cycle (Stevie Joe Dorman and Brent Burnette).
only waiting on the RB coach.

Back