What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2012 Colorado Coach Search Rumor Compendium - Waiting for the RB Coach

I think this fits this thread,if not Mods delete.
While searching for a link to the belk bowl presser tomorrow I found this

http://www.gobearcats.com/allaccess/?media=356578

Cincy Pres Santa Ono (thats really his name) plugging the belk bowl.Released today,I don't know if the Pres there would usually do such a promo (by the way he never looked at the camera I assume he doesn't do those much) and it makes perfect sense since Butch was in Boulder but I would think if he felt like Butch was coming back they would wait to let him record it,being the face of the team and all...

Bohn played the fans and media all day long. Props. That took some effort and skill.

Cinci has a press conference scheduled at 1PM their time tomorrow. We should know before then. If we don't... well, nice try!

Official 2012 Colorado Coach Butch Jones Hired? - Updated Monday 12/3

You can thank Mr. Jones for that as well.

mr-jones-7.jpg

Hmmm

Reed Marks @reedmarks

I have been told that Butch Jones is now very torn, though he will make a decision this morning.@MileHighSports

Eric Goodman @EricGoodman

Source close to Butch Jones.. Jones is conflicted this morning after Cincy made sizable offer last night. #CUBUFFS

We may not know until the 1 PM presser -
Reed Marks @reedmarks

@VicLombardi I can't either. Source close to him told me he will make his decision before presser, but will be there either way. #drama

Reed Marks will be updating this thread all day - go there for the latest.

well cinci upped the ante..no surprise..we will see what happens...hopefully we have a plan "B"

Reed Marks @reedmarks

It is going to be a long day today! No decision until this evening from Butch Jones.

Eric Goodman @EricGoodman

Sources close to Butch Jones... No decision will be made until tonight.#CUBUFFS

Chris Bains @Bearcats_Nation

The longer Butch draws out his decision the better and better Cincinnati has to look, I gotta figure.

Giving Cincy time to build the facilities counter offer?

can't say we didn't throw money at the problem:
@reedmarks@EricGoodman @PeterBurnsRadioJones offer is 6 year $15mm 100% guaranteed. @MileHighSports

If CU doesn't get him it's certainly not for trying. Maybe Jones got a sweet deal from Cincy and thinks he's better off staying for a couple more years with the hope a 'better' job opens up.
Hope CU has a good backup plan because if they get turned down it won't look good in the eyes of the media.

Lets just consider that these are ALL rumors, unnamed source or not. I mean you have one rumor that he won't make a decision until this evening, another that Cincy is making a sizable counter-offer (which I expect is accurate given the circumstances), another that the Purdue deal is done and he just wanted to be nice to the Buffs, and another that becoming CU's next coach is a done deal. I hate the waiting game as much as the next Buff-fanatic but it is what it is and I don't think we can read too much into anything right now.

All I have to say is that it's good to be Butch Jones. Wow! A bunch of people fighting for the opportunity to give him $15 million bucks!!!

I've never even heard of the guy until a few days ago. That doesn't mean anythign, but still... Good for Butch!

Reed Marks @reedmarks

I am told that he has a verbal offer from UC and will meet w/ UC Pres for details of their restructured offer. @MileHighSports

and in his continuing campaign to give buffnation a heart attack...
Reedmarks goes on to say:
@gtheproducer & @zachfoggsports believe Butch Jones will be the HC at #CU I feel ok about it too @MileHighSports

he will be joining us soon for more heart attack giving:
Reed Marks @reedmarks

Will be in the @Allbuffs chat room at 10am MST for a few minutes....join in.

All I have to say is that it's good to be Butch Jones. Wow! A bunch of people fighting for the opportunity to give him $15 million bucks!!!

I've never even heard of the guy until a few days ago. That doesn't mean anythign, but still... Good for Butch!
Wherever he ends up, this circus is going to amp up the fan's expectations quite a bit.

If Butch Jones is named the new coach (significant pause) and he was not surfaced initially, yet Bohn said he had his guy very early in this search. Could this possibly be the first time concerning football Bohn has exceeded expectations? Nahhh I am probably just day dreamin.....

The UC sports information department just sent out a press release stating the 1 p.m. press conference with Butch Jones is about the Belk Bowl, not about Jones and another job.

Jones, UC President Dr. Santa Ono, Belk Bowl executive director Will Webb and select UC student-athletes will be available to the media.

From the email release (in bold):

Please know that this media opportunity is NOT an announcement related to reports of Coach Jones being offered another job. There is a time and place for those discussions, but today is about celebrating the accomplishments of the 2012 UC football team, its BIG EAST Conference Championship and the upcoming matchup with Duke on Dec. 27, 2012.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/uc/2012...us/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Depending on who you are, that's good for us. He hasn't pulled the trigger on their counter offer.

Lets just consider that these are ALL rumors, unnamed source or not. I mean you have one rumor that he won't make a decision until this evening, another that Cincy is making a sizable counter-offer (which I expect is accurate given the circumstances), another that the Purdue deal is done and he just wanted to be nice to the Buffs, and another that becoming CU's next coach is a done deal. I hate the waiting game as much as the next Buff-fanatic but it is what it is and I don't think we can read too much into anything right now.
I've read a bunch of tweets that say that Jones turned down the Purdue offer. Everything is obviously speculation at this point though.

9NEWS Sports Denver @9NEWSSports
Cincy head coach Butch Jones plans to attend press conference today. PR department sent media an email NOT to ask about coaching situation.

and in confirmation from above, pretty much all sources (some new ones, even, but lots) are saying Purdue is a non-issue in the Jones coaching search. It's us or Cincy.

and just as an update with Reedmarks in chat: no specifics, but I think a fair summary is that this has been a very fluid situation.

Last edited:
and in confirmation from above, pretty much all sources (some new ones, even, but lots) are saying Purdue is a non-issue in the Jones coaching search. It's us or Cincy.

and just as an update with Reedmarks in chat: no specifics, but I think a fair summary is that this has been a very fluid situation.

Agree. Purdue is out it's CU v. UC, money v. loyalty, risk/reward/glory v. comfort, southern Ohio v. front range. We will know soon one way or the other. Go Buffs!

bowl officials had a delayed flight (allegedly, per dude in press conference) - press conference delayed indefinitely.

Edit: Nothing of substance at the presser - President of Cincy wasn't happy, Jones was very awkward, and threatened to cut off the press conference unless the questions about his job stopped.

Take any and all quotes from the presser with a huge grain of salt.

Last edited:
following the presser some people are reporting that a hot mic pick up the pres telling Coach: Good luck out West. Anyone else hear that?

following the presser some people are reporting that a hot mic pick up the pres telling Coach: Good luck out West. Anyone else hear that?
multiple people are reporting they heard "Good Luck" - no one besides that twitter is saying anything about "out west" - Yet.

Back