What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2013 Oregon @ Colorado "Game" Thread

Is he hurt? Or is the thinking that DD is the alternative deep threat?

I believe there are a number of things they want to see from him off the field before he's ready to play. Best to redshirt this year. I am disappointed we haven't seen Spruce or McCulloch get targeted more since it's easier to march down the field with a succession of 8 yard gains on possession catches than 4 yards at a time by running Powell constantly.

Damn fellas, good coaches we have, horses we don't. Oregon kicks our ass, y'all freak out. U can scheme all day, talent will take over eventually. Mac being called a wussie is laughable to me. Alot of wussies call for an opening onside when they think they can beat someone. The guy is doing everything he can, what do u want?

No freaking out here, although a lot of the calls in the first half were questionable at best.

Damn fellas, good coaches we have, horses we don't. Oregon kicks our ass, y'all freak out. U can scheme all day, talent will take over eventually. Mac being called a wussie is laughable to me. Alot of wussies call for an opening onside when they think they can beat someone. The guy is doing everything he can, what do u want?

We do have good coaches and things will get better, the only one freaking out is you cause I said our OC should have gone for a couple of those 4th downs. They'll get this thing turned around.

It sure as he'll isn't MMacs fault. We can't compete other than a few players. We frustrated the hell out of them, and frankly that's the only victory we will have today. Such a better game than last week which really pissed me off. We would have won last week if it was a home game but sometimes, like,today, moral victories are all you can get. We need playmakers and for those like me who disregard stars to a point can see the difference. The buffs need a dual threat QB to scheme against and until we get that difference maker, it's all a moot point. Hopefully sefo is that player.

One sign of improvement...our 1's are as good as their 2's. We haven't even been able to say that the last 3 years.

We do have good coaches and things will get better, the only one freaking out is you cause I said our OC should have gone for a couple of those 4th downs. They'll get this thing turned around.
Down and distance, pace, all those things account for what happens. As for as who calls for going for it on 4th, it absolutely matters. HC is the title for a coach that is one. CU has one.

Haven't read the thread so I don't know if anyone has mentioned two things. The first is other than the first quarter it seemed every first down call was a handoff up the middle which went nowhere. Gotta mix it up, OC, especially in the red zone. The second is I'm wondering why we don't throw screen passes. I don't remember one and it seems we have some guys that could make that work. DD and Atkins in particular. It would slow down the rush and get guys with speed in open space. I though CU made some plays, but they had too many unforced errors, drops, etc and UO is too good.

@14ers4me Wood final numbers was about 11 for 33 205 yards 2 INT Coaches usually run the ball more on first downs if they don't trust the QB. Conner has to step up his game.

lol

btw, how many years is this?

1990 SF 55 Denver 10
1998 Denver 31 GB 24

Never said Denver won the Bowl but they went toe to toe with the eventual champ and won a few titles like 2 years later. Damn know your **** before u speak it.

The issue is whether MacIntyre can rectify the main issues on offense. The RBs are not very good and the TEs are worse. That directly affects third down offense and red zone offense. Those issues are not going to magically disappear with new schemes.

The issue is whether MacIntyre can rectify the main issues on offense. The RBs are not very good and the TEs are worse. That directly affects third down offense and red zone offense. Those issues are not going to magically disappear with new schemes.
Hence we don't have the horses, he's installing attitude, schemes, etc.. That only goes so far, we need talent and plenty of it.

Back