What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2014 Colorado @ California Football Game thread

Yeah...the guy is such an accurate deep passer...amazing to watch. Wish Sefo had half that accuracy.
Sefo had 3 or 4 drops on beautiful passes into a bucket yesterday. If anything, Goff was the less accurate deep ball thrower. DD's drop and Fields being just out of bounds comes to mind.

Sefo had 3 or 4 drops on beautiful passes into a bucket yesterday. If anything, Goff was the less accurate deep ball thrower. DD's drop and Fields being just out of bounds comes to mind.
Could be. I didn't see the game, just highlights. Plus his avg per reception is amazing.

That's a couple times now that Fields has had trouble tracking a pass like that. He was out of bounds because he lost the ball and it hit his facemask before he reacted to it and secured the catch. He's growing as a player and will eventually get past this issue. Similarly, Bobo is struggling with sideline discipline. He had 2 plays that should have been catches but he was unable to get a foot down inbounds. He'll learn and progress beyond that.

Could be. I didn't see the game, just highlights. Plus his avg per reception is amazing.

Goff's average per reception was amazing because the defense was atrocious at tackling!!!

One play, there were at least 6 Buffs defenders who touched the Bears' player - and he still went about 80 yards for a TD.

I have to wonder how the WRs feel with these goal line losses. Do they start to question the playcalling? Spruce has to be pissed at not getting a ball thrown at him during the last series

Mahalo

Both quarterbacks were great in the second half. Just dropping passes exactly where they needed to be. If the outcome were switched, it could possibly be considered one of the 10 best CU games of all time. The game was so much fun except from the ending. I am really enjoying watching this team play.

Goff's average per reception was amazing because the defense was atrocious at tackling!!!

One play, there were at least 6 Buffs defenders who touched the Bears' player - and he still went about 80 yards for a TD.
With our without that play goff still had a great per reception average

Sefo played out of his mind yesterday. The INT was preventable and frustrating, but I am done calling him a "game manager" and "good enough" after yesterday. That was one of the top QB performances in our entire history.

Missing 3 FG's is god awful and really did cost us the game.

I realize the penalty ratio in the first half was crazy in our favor, but the "non-catch" when it was really a fumble returned for a TD and then the bizarre reverse PI on Goodsen were game changers. Been a while since I have seen bad officiating influence a game like that.

If we can play any D going forward, the rest of the season will be entertaining.

This was the first time in a long time I was hanging on every moment of a game. I was obviously crushed at the end, but to be that excited and that in to it was just fantastic. A quick check shows me the following:
+ Buffs won 65-51 against NU in 2007
+ Then you have 62-36 in 2001 - but keep in mind both were in Boulder
+ San Jose St 63-35 in Boulder in 1999
+ 66-14 in Boulder against NE LA in 1995.

You have to go all the way back to 1992 when we beat Baylor (**** Bailor) 57-38 for the last time we scored more points on the road. That's right 22 years!

The loss hurts so badly - I still feel it inside. Our defense was horrific (how else do you spin it?). But if you cannot be encouraged by scoring the most points on the road since 1992 and fighting back the way we did after dropping the lead, you are dead inside. Much more is to be done for sure, but I haven't hung on a CU football game like that in a decade (at least). I almost forget what it felt like.

I fully expect some more turds this year, but I have hope for the first time in a long time.

Sefo played out of his mind yesterday. The INT was preventable and frustrating, but I am done calling him a "game manager" and "good enough" after yesterday. That was one of the top QB performances in our entire history.

Missing 3 FG's is god awful and really did cost us the game.

I realize the penalty ratio in the first half was crazy in our favor, but the "non-catch" when it was really a fumble returned for a TD and then the bizarre reverse PI on Goodsen were game changers. Been a while since I have seen bad officiating influence a game like that.

If we can play any D going forward, the rest of the season will be entertaining.

This was the first time in a long time I was hanging on every moment of a game. I was obviously crushed at the end, but to be that excited and that in to it was just fantastic. A quick check shows me the following:
+ Buffs won 65-51 against NU in 2007
+ Then you have 62-36 in 2001 - but keep in mind both were in Boulder
+ San Jose St 63-35 in Boulder in 1999
+ 66-14 in Boulder against NE LA in 1995.

You have to go all the way back to 1992 when we beat Baylor (**** Bailor) 57-38 for the last time we scored more points on the road. That's right 22 years!

The loss hurts so badly - I still feel it inside. Our defense was horrific (how else do you spin it?). But if you cannot be encouraged by scoring the most points on the road since 1992 and fighting back the way we did after dropping the lead, you are dead inside. Much more is to be done for sure, but I haven't hung on a CU football game like that in a decade (at least). I almost forget what it felt like.

I fully expect some more turds this year, but I have hope for the first time in a long time.

There are only a few things I will say in defense of the D. First, Cal's Offense does that to everyone. Goff is ridiculously efficient and his receivers are talented. That offense scores points in bunches. We also held them to 14pts in the first half which is by far the lowest total for Cal this season. The make up of our D changed entirely when Tedric went out. With him in that D is much better. Good enough? Not by a long shot. But better.

Back