What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

official 2014 Colorado @ USC game thread

Lots to like on the offense, but defense and special teams are killing us. I always thought Neinas needed to go, now Baer has put himself on the firing line too IMO. I understand we are thin, but it sure seems that the front 7 are just getting killed, and there should be enough talent to look ok at least.

Finally remembered who I was thinking of: Kent Riddle. I cliniced myself.

If we are associating Baer and the Riddler it may be a foregone conclusion... Not sure one can come back from that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coaches recruit that "talent"

And that is my point. Defensive coaches who were supposed to be key recruiters are not producing. We are taking kids on defense that no other schools want.

I'll just be honest, I'm gonna take **** for this but here goes. Baer needs to go. Not only did we give up a 3rd and 9, Jesus, they scored too. That's bull****. Forget the players running stairs, he should be. I'm so pissed off I can't think of the other point I wanted to make, I will.

I'll just be honest, I'm gonna take **** for this but here goes. Baer needs to go. Not only did we give up a 3rd and 9, Jesus, they scored too. That's bull****. Forget the players running stairs, he should be. I'm so pissed off I can't think of the other point I wanted to make, I will.

It's time for Rick George to start discussing the buyout of Baer's final year. This is the opportunity for Mac to make a change or two and show that the staff can turn things around. Making progress in some areas but there will be plenty more 2-10 seasons if the CU defense is letting teams that aren't even in the playoff discussion score at will against them. As Pac-12 offenses evolve we're going to need a DC who can evolve with them.

I was listening on the radio towards the end and the koa sideline reporter said the sc fans behind the CU bench were chanting "csu". [emoji15] Weird.

We needed to out scheme USC since the talent gap is so large. Obviously the sell out to stop the run and hope the back end can get it done one on one failed miserably. Guys were running free in the secondary. Our safeties bit hard and there was nobody left once they beat the CB. Sucks...

Damn just tired of every game being the same old ****. We show up like this next week, I'm gonna lose it. I'm tired of slow starts, excuses, etc. Don't give refs the satisfaction of ****ing up calls, leave no doubt. Find your balls for Christ sake.

Sefo absolutely has to stop these opening/second drive interceptions. It's killing everything.

I just listened to Mac, he mentioned assistants quite a bit. He said they practiced the Texas route for like 2 weeks, that was a big play if I recall. Pretty telling.
If that's true he better not them on the plane. That's complete and utter bull****. Actually pisses me off and have a pretty good idea who he is talking about

Lots to like on the offense, but defense and special teams are killing us. I always thought Neinas needed to go, now Baer has put himself on the firing line too IMO. I understand we are thin, but it sure seems that the front 7 are just getting killed, and there should be enough talent to look ok at least.

I was worried about Baer from the start. All you had to do was look at his last tenure as a DC at the P5 level - Tyrone Willingham's DC at both ND and UDub. Those defenses were horrible. So you have Baer as DC and also responsible for LBs. Better ****can another part of that front 7 coaching and show Jeffcoat the door too. Weak D-Line and has done jack and **** (Jack just left the building) on the recruiting trail.

There may be a thread on this, I will go look after I post. But at this time, I think Jeffcoat, Baer and Neinas need to be let go. Just nothing happening there recruiting wise, or coaching wise. If they had gained half as much as the O this year we would be talking a bowl game.

There may be a thread on this, I will go look after I post. But at this time, I think Jeffcoat, Baer and Neinas need to be let go. Just nothing happening there recruiting wise, or coaching wise. If they had gained half as much as the O this year we would be talking a bowl game.

All the defense had to do the last 3 games was hold the opponent to 27 points and we would have beaten Cal, Oregon State and USC. That's not asking too much.

It's D and special teams. And it's not the DBs either. Front 7 and ST. Pretty clear which 3 need to go.

Yeah, I know Will Muschamp is a pipe dream, but if CU ponied up the cash to hire him and let the people we have that are sucking hind teat (s) go, I think things would change quickly.

Well, one thing is clear, our offense is not the problem.

And if you look at experience & snaps, our defense should be showing more improvement than our offense this season.

I expected an offense that would struggle. Lindgren deserves a ton of credit. But defense has been a huge disappointment along with special teams.

And if you look at experience & snaps, our defense should be showing more improvement than our offense this season.

I expected an offense that would struggle. Lindgren deserves a ton of credit. But defense has been a huge disappointment along with special teams.
I totally agree. We are better, but haven't shown the amount of improvement we have on O. I think RG and Mac will need to make some changes on D, but not sure what that needs to look like. It's also sad that the DL, with all it's youth, is playing better sometimes than the LBs which is coached by Baer.

Back