What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*** Official 2014 Colorado @ Wyoming Basketball Game thread ***

That Hopkins isn't athletic?

Yep, you're right, Hopkins has really lit it up so far this year with his athleticism. I'm sure all our future opponents have that marked down on the game plans: "#1: Stop Hopkins from penetrating."

Yep, you're right, Hopkins has really lit it up so far this year with his athleticism. I'm sure all our future opponents have that marked down on the game plans: "#1: Stop Hopkins from penetrating."

Just say you were wrong about Hopkins or that you don't understand what athleticism is. Pick a different battle.

Just say you were wrong about Hopkins or that you don't understand what athleticism is. Pick a different battle.

I don't want to battle anybody. I didn't bring up that comment (from last ****ing year) up, Tini did. But no, I don't think he's super athletic, or as athletic as some people on here say he is. Does he show moments of quickness and leaping ability In transition? Sure. But there's dozens of guys in the Pac 12 that do that. I think of backcourt athleticism as guys who can create for themselves fairly consistently, and drive, stop on a dime and pull up and hit a mid range jumper. He simply does not do that. He's had ample opportunity to step up and show us what he can do, and it hasn't happened. Maybe it will but I'm not seeing much aggressiveness in him, at least in the half court.

I've been feeling this way for awhile, and glad someone's had the stones to say it. Scott's a fantastic player and is worth the price of a season ticket to watch in person, but I've struggled with seeing the transition to effective play in the pro game. Hope I'm wrong.

That being said, you're about to get publicly flogged by some folks on here....

Wouldn't shock me if I got flogged, but then I think I tried to give an honest assessment. He has stepped up defensively and is good at not fouling. That will definitely transition to the NBA. His lack of tenacity on offense won't. Scott is a thinker and it shows. If he was really aggressive this would be good, but since that isn't his nature, it just keeps him from playing and letting loose. I still think he can be a good pro, but I also think he needs more time, not just this year, to really grow into that role. I'd love to be wrong!! Maybe a switch will flip and he will become manimal-esque.

In what way? What tournament team scores 33 points against Wyoming? We scored NINE second half points. Do you see many more road wins or any wins AT ALL against quality competition?

This type of **** happens more than you'd think in the dome of doom. Last year they held some team to like 7 2nd half points and 32 for the game. .I though it was a misprint when I read it.

This type of **** happens more than you'd think in the dome of doom. Last year they held some team to like 7 2nd half points and 32 for the game. .I though it was a misprint when I read it.

Was it a tourney team? I see that happen to directional schools in December.

We made #1 on the espn top 10 plays, I'm so happy. Way to leave your game in Boulder, I'd be embarrassed.

I am really amazed that no one has pointed out that Western State scored more against Wyoming than CU did. Also AFA beat Western by 30, Wyoming only beat them by 15. Is it too early to start fretting over Air Force? :wow:

I am really amazed that no one has pointed out that Western State scored more against Wyoming than CU did. Also AFA beat Western by 30, Wyoming only beat them by 15. Is it too early to start fretting over Air Force? :wow:

We'll beat AFA with relative ease.

Wyo is just our worst nightmare. Even Western St and Northern Colorado can handle zones far better than we can. Wyo is the worst possible combination of having a target on our backs and being the worst matchup for us. That hardly excuses our inept and disgraceful performance tonight by any means, but it also means comparing scores will cause unnecessary panic.

I didn't see the play but why the hell was jelly the only one back when Nance dunked it? That made #1 on espn :cry:.

My hope is this is just one of those games. I hope

The last 3 seasons suggest it probably is. We only won last year because we were at home. It was the still a **** performance just like 2012 and 2011 when we lost. But christ, at least we managed 50s and low 60s in previous outings. 33 is just unreal.

My hope is this is just one of those games. I hope

They must have better movement on offense, we can't shoot our way out of it. Just have not shown the ability to shoot the ball outside with consistency.

I dont get get the lack of a shooter, they are around. Somehow void in Boulder. Weird.

Very little mention in this forum of the obvious #1 problem - playing away from Coors. Or maybe it's just that they're exceptionally good at home. Anyway until an answer to winning on the road is found, the Buffs will continue to make the ncaa tournament (due to mostly preseason home games) and now out in the first or second round. Everyone plays better at home, but the Buffs are extreme.

Let's think back to 5 years ago guys. I think everyone then would be more than happy with a team that makes the dance 3 years in a row. You guys are forgetting how bad we were and now some of you guys think we are elite. We just aren't a top team yet. We play very well at home and bad on the road. We lack intensity and focus on defense at times and have trouble on the offensive end. This is nothing new for us, but it is much better than our past. So maybe we just tone down the tantrums and enjoy the ride. It is not always pretty but better than it has ever been.

Let's think back to 5 years ago guys. I think everyone then would be more than happy with a team that makes the dance 3 years in a row. You guys are forgetting how bad we were and now some of you guys think we are elite. We just aren't a top team yet. We play very well at home and bad on the road. We lack intensity and focus on defense at times and have trouble on the offensive end. This is nothing new for us, but it is much better than our past. So maybe we just tone down the tantrums and enjoy the ride. It is not always pretty but better than it has ever been.
Agreed. College basketball unlike any other sport is very difficult to win on the road. Now saying that, we have to move on from this at some point. Just as much as we like to revisit the football past, we do that in the opposite for basketball. Last night showed major, major concerns going forward. Tad has shown he can put a team to the tourney on a consistent basis. At some point you have to move up from that. Maybe the expectations were to high for this year?

Tad's comments after the game:

“For us to beat good teams, we’re going to have to play better than we did tonight,” Boyle said. “It’s embarrassing. “We can’t just say, ‘This is just a bad night at the office.’ Forget that. Why did we get beat the way we got beat? We got beat the way we got beat because we didn’t commit to defense, we weren’t committed to making each other better offensively, and we got our heads down.”

Back