What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2014 Hawaii @ Colorado football game thread

We aren't going to magically turn a corner and be good, not going to happen.

We are going to get steadily better. Based on what I have seen with the changes M2 is making and the improved quality of our play this is something I do believe to be the case.

Yes we are young and our players should, and give indications of, getting better as they mature. Still not going to be as good as some other teams young talent but better than we have been. The key is to build on that improvement and continue to improve.

There are some young teams out there that are much better than we are, these are mostly teams that recruited off of successful seasons. You can talk about Oklahoma State being young, they have also recruited off top 25 finishes recently. We have been bottom 10.

I know that the argument for patience sucks, we have been patient for a long time without tangible results but finally we are seeing something that looks reasonable. Not the time to panic and turn us back to minus again.

All that said scoreboard does matter. The CSU loss was a huge step back. Somehow M2 and staff have to figure out a way to get us at least one and better more PAC wins.

Most people seem to forget that it's a zero sum game. Every other team is trying to improve. Every other team has players maturing. It's not if you are getting better, it's if you are getting better than your opponents.

We have some weird dynamic going on as fans

Late in the 3rd quarter, I was thinking to myself "Water Bottle and/or the Bird would have found a way to lose this game the way it is going right now, let's see what happens". I will take the W. It wasn't pretty, but it was a stout performance by the D and it was a win.

^^^^. I will take wins however they come. He didn't put in his kid and have him pad his own stats with a lead!! Beforet the CSU game I was on board with this staff from an X & O stand point. I'm back on board as far as X&O's. For the CSU game, it appears they didn't fully understand wha they had and they lost the X&O battle they had won the year before. Now they seem to be finding guys to fits slots of need. The O line coach still needs to go, but they have taken some big steps since week one in all other areas and the O line looked okay iin the ASU loss. They look like they can compete on the mid level in this conference. Consistency is a by product of success. Maybe these kids are finding it.

Last edited:
^^^^. I will take wins however they come. He didn't put in his kid and have him pad his own stats with a lead!! Beforet the CSU game I was on board with this staff from an X & O stand point. I'm back on board as far as X&O's. For the CSU game, it appears they didn't fully understand wha they had and they lost the X&O battle they had won the year before. Now they seem to be finding guys to fits slots of need. The O line coach still needs to go, but they have taken some big steps since week one in all other areas and the O line looked okay iin the ASU loss. They look like they can compete on the mid level in this conference. Consistency is a by product of success. Maybe these kids are finding it.

Even last year under this staff, the team would follow a game in which they looked like they belonged in the Pac-12, with a game that was horrendous.

Saturday they followed a loss, but a fantastic game, with a bit of a lit down on offense and still found a way to win. They didn't take the team wide step back that has plagued them the past 7 years.

Confidence is one thing, combine it with momentum and I think you can really start to change things. Feeling hopeful that we are finally on our way to D-1 football play.

My son is 7 and in his first year of tackle football. So when he says, "why do they always call #77's number? He must be really good, huh? Is that Nelson Spruce?"...you know it's bad.

Are we aspiring to be as good as the Golden Gophers now?
you start somewhere. My worry is that their last season was the ceiling for this staff. Given where we were, I'm not above aiming for that ceiling. Once we get there, THEN we can start bitching about needing a world beater at QB.

I am sure this was mentioned already, but we kept them out of the endzone the whole game, despite our best defensive player being out the entire 2nd half.

Back