What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*** Official 2014 Northern Colorado @ Colorado Basketball Game thread ***

absinthe

Ambitious but rubbish.
Club Member
Junta Member
The place Tad made a name for him comes to visit, Tad waited until most of his guys were gone before scheduling this team but with just one of his players left the Bears are coming to town. Many of us will automatically assume this UNC team is no good because well it's Northern Colorado. With that said these guys are no joke and we have struggled at times this year. The Bears had CSU down 13 in Moby before eventually losing.

northerncolorado.png

@

CU-PrimaryLogo.jpg

Join us early at Coors Events or live on here as the Buffs tip at 4pm MT.

This team is the real deal. If we cant put together a full game where everyone is focused, then we very well could get another L.

If I miss this one, it's three weeks to the next home game.

My 2 Cents

I only post when theres something pretty obvious going on so here it goes...

This team and all teams under Boyle has run a similar offense which consists of a lot of screen and rolls and dribble drives which require guards and wings to penetrate and make something for themselves. In the past we have had that dynamic guard which made this work a la Burks and Dinwiddie and even Roberson at times. I simply don't think we have the personal that we have had in the past and yes one player in college can make all the difference. We don't have players that can create their own shot outside of Ski and XJ (at times)

Also, we have always been at our best when we have had a heady point guard to initiate and command the offense. I know everyone on here wasn't the biggest fan of Tomlinson, but nobody can deny that our offense went to hell when he was on the bench. Diniwwidie also had that same ability. Is Collier going to be that player this year? Probably not. That being said I think Boyle has to make some adjustments to our offensive scheme,

Against CSU I was simply amazed at how we did not adjust to Avila fronting Scott and how he was able to get away with this for an entire game simply dumbfounded me. Fronting a post player is usually not a strategy that is going to work for the duration of an entire game because simply put smart teams are going to adjust to it. The easiest way would be for Scott to walk his man up the lane line a few feet and the pass would come over the top, similar to what the Spurs did against the Heat in last years finals

If the help from the weak side is cheating too much towards the paint, throw a skip pass to the opposite corner.

A second option would be to quickly swing the ball the the opposite side of the floor and Scott could seal his man on the original block he was. Let me break this down for you guys. Scott is on the right block and the ball is on the right wing. Avila is fronting him, so we swing the ball from the right wing to the left wing and Scott seals his man on the right block and turns and receives the ball from the left wing. He would have the whole lane to work with and if he can use his body, he would have an easy left handed lay up.

I was surprised Boyle never tried any of these adjustments. Tell me what you think-

Dom and Tory Miller are out today

Have we had a full squad even once yet this season?

Does Tad have any plans to guard the perimeter this year or is he going with the "Hope they miss" defensive philosophy? This team, including the coaching staff, is starting to piss me off a little bit.

Have we had a full squad even once yet this season?

Does Tad have any plans to guard the perimeter this year or is he going with the "Hope they miss" defensive philosophy? This team, including the coaching staff, is starting to piss me off a little bit.

Especially with a team that can shoot well from the perimeter. Know your opponent.

with the way the teams been playing, a team leader showing up late for shoot-around is fairly serious - real disrespectful to everybody else . Maybe his new 'do needed to set for longer than he thought

We're shooting 67% from the floor at home including 5/8 from three and yet we're only ahead by three to a Big Sky team.

Josh still not himself. Top of key, not making many shots.

UNC foul trouble will eventually do them in. But their 3s are falling.

I've seen this movie before. Go up 7 or 8. Go cold. Momentum swings to opponent before half.

Defense is not good, always something with this team. Scott still not as assertive as I'd hoped. Watching other teams the lack of a great PG is what will hold us back the most. Losing Wallace to Cal was a big miss seeing what he is doing now.

Scott not assertive enough.
uNC hitting 80% from 3. They won't keep that up even if Tad makes no adjustments. Foul trouble also.
But still should be up by 20

Back