What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*** Official 2014 San Francisco @ Colorado Basketball Game Thread ***

I've loved our offense tonight - especially in the second half. Great passing, great shooting, great decision-making.

Every possession that isn't a fast break should get Josh or Wes a touch. I missed most of the 2nd half, but have counted at least 4 made wide open 3's that came from Scott getting the ball and kicking it back out after a dribble or two. You don't need a good "offense" if you have those two great post players. They open everything up.

Well, can't believe we trailed by 10 at one point. Thank god for Ski.

9/18 from 3

15 assists to 8 turnovers

Hope XJ is back healthy for Georgia. Rest up Buffs and don't come out sleeping, we need that one.

Well, can't believe we trailed by 10 at one point. Thank god for Ski.

9/18 from 3

15 assists to 8 turnovers

Hope XJ is back healthy for Georgia. Rest up Buffs and don't come out sleeping, we need that one.

Going to be a tough game for us

Going to be a tough game for us

Yup. Hope Wyoming has just left me shaken about CU on the road, because I don't feel great about it. Georgia is hardly anything special, but they're certainly good enough to beat CU if we come out slow/shooting like crap

Yup. Hope Wyoming has just left me shaken about CU on the road, because I don't feel great about it. Georgia is hardly anything special, but they're certainly good enough to beat CU if we come out slow/shooting like crap

yup.

Every possession that isn't a fast break should get Josh or Wes a touch. I missed most of the 2nd half, but have counted at least 4 made wide open 3's that came from Scott getting the ball and kicking it back out after a dribble or two. You don't need a good "offense" if you have those two great post players. They open everything up.

If it's a possession in the half court and Scott or Wes don't touch it, it's a wasted possession

Josh had 0 turnovers tonight despite the way USF was crashing down on him. 2 assists and lord knows how many hockey assists. The offense has to go through Josh on the block.

Beyond that, I want to say that Ski has been the guy I expected in these last 2 games. He's so good when he plays within things. San Francisco, on a night they're shooting well, is not a team I thought that CU should beat by 17... let alone on a night when XJ wasn't playing to help deal with their matchup zone. The ceiling is high for these Buffs. If it all comes together, they're a tough out for anyone.

I see heartbreak around the corner. Ski was great tonight. Team fed off that.

Ski will have off nights and the rest of the offense is not developing. We need the ball to go inside. We need Gordon to get much more aggressive offensively, and we need other guys to step up. With XJ out, I was looking to Thomas, Jhop and Fletcher to start to step up.

I see heartbreak around the corner. Ski was great tonight. Team fed off that.

Ski will have off nights and the rest of the offense is not developing. We need the ball to go inside. We need Gordon to get much more aggressive offensively, and we need other guys to step up. With XJ out, I was looking to Thomas, Jhop and Fletcher to start to step up.

I thought Fletch and Dustin were good. J-Hop wasn't as good, but did some things on defense in the 2nd half that we'd been waiting to see.

Fletch - 5 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 turnover

Dustin - 8 points, 3 rebounds, 0 turnovers

J-Hop - 6 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 turnovers & 2 steals

As far as the offense coming around:

FG% - 50.9
3pt% - 50.0
A/T - 15/8 (and 3 of the TOs were charges)

My complaints tonight were mostly about rebounding and defense. Buffs gave up a lot of easy shots and also got killed on the glass.

All-in-all, that's a pretty damn good performance without XJ in the lineup.

With the Buffs, it's all about the venue. Will be interesting to see if they are up to the challenge of playing tough on the road against a decent team in Georgia. If not it's going to be another season of false hopes built on a bunch of cupcake home pre-conference wins. If they can beat Georgia, or at least compete well in a close game, I'll feel a lot better moving towards PAC12 play.

With the Buffs, it's all about the venue. Will be interesting to see if they are up to the challenge of playing tough on the road against a decent team in Georgia. If not it's going to be another season of false hopes built on a bunch of cupcake home pre-conference wins. If they can beat Georgia, or at least compete well in a close game, I'll feel a lot better moving towards PAC12 play.

Pac12 is down, it's just a question of how much. We're going to post a winning conference record because we'll be solid at home and there are a few teams so bad that we'll beat them in their house. If we squander our few chances for decent OOC wins (@ Georgia, perhaps CSU, Diamond Head) we're potentially looking at "must-wins" against UCLA, Utah and Stanford at home if we want to feel comfortable. Cal, Oregon, ASU aren't going to be the quality W's they were last season. Obviously beating Arizona would make a resume, but we can't count on that route..

CU played like CU needs to play this year in the 2nd half. Going to be a tough game against Georgia, but I think we can pull it out. That CSU game is going to be tough. They are playing much better than I thought they would with the roster turnover. 7-0 right now, likely be 8-0 when they come to Boulder. Going to be a fun night for basketball, CEC should be fantastic.

I dont think enough has been said about josh's ability to pass out of the double....that's going to be HUGE come conf play.

I also agree that p12 is down, but it's showing a few signs of life - washington could be better than we thought.

I also agree that p12 is down, but it's showing a few signs of life - washington could be better than everyone but Nik thought.

Fixed that one for you. Lord knows I didn't see that coming.

I am really happy to see Ski regain shooting confidence last night, and look forward to more of that. To me... I think when Collier is on the court, creating the slide to 2 for Ski and more rotation for others, the ball is just so much more fluid in rotation. Shot selection, and open shots available, are just better. Both. If you are swinging the ball quickly (including off the post for sure), everybody benefits. Inside and outside.

In total, last nights game was really a bright spot on the season so far. Most encouraging to me to date. The ball was a little hotter to the touch in everybody's hands, especially Collier.

Now lets see if this can sustain in a road setting. Hopefully X is back as well....

Last night encouraging though.

And we did it without XJ. So that's a positive. Any word on his availability?

Back