What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*** Official 2015 USC @ Colorado Basketball Game thread ***

Then what are we

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

A team that likely will lose its next four games in a row and probably not see .500 again in conference play (My current prediction for the conference record 7-11).

Hope to see more of that Dustin Thomas. He had a great game.

Love the fire that Miller has, kid is gonna be good for us.

Does anyone know if Fletch has a jammed finger or something? The guy looked like tunks out there.

Good at home, embarrassing on the road.

Haha. I was looking at KenPom's rankings and they are right where we are, so if we're bad so are they and all that.

A team that likely will lose its next four games in a row and probably not see .500 again in conference play (My current prediction for the conference record 7-11).
Wait, you think UW is going to come to Boulder and beat us? They are vastly overrated. 9-9 is the most likely scenario right now, fwiw

I like our chances against WA at home. Call it a puncher's chance, anyway. ASU has looked shaky too, and they'll be coming off a beating in Tuscon. If we come out .500 after the first 6 games, it'll be ahead of where I thought we'd be.

I like our chances against WA at home. Call it a puncher's chance, anyway. ASU has looked shaky too, and they'll be coming off a beating in Tuscon. If we come out .500 after the first 6 games, it'll be ahead of where I thought we'd be.
KenPom has us favored over UW at this point, fwiw

Would pay good money to hear the Come to Jesus speech Tad gave these guys after Hawaii.

It was interesting to hear Tad's recent comments. He had to force himself to come into work with a positive attitude after Hawaii. I think that between him creating a positive atmosphere and then having BMac address the team that it struck the right chord to put the bull**** to the side and just ball out.

It was great seeing the way the guys played today. They played with intensity and confidence (except for Talton). I just hope to see a similar team on the road.

9-9

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Should get a nice bump in the KenPom rankings after today's game. 125 O Rating, probably our best of the season. If you look at Pomeroy's projections, many of our losses are by incredibly slim margins. I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow our projection is 12-6, maybe even 13-5 considering how ASU is playing against UA. Of course, it's just a projection and pretty meaningless.

Haha. I was looking at KenPom's rankings and they are right where we are, so if we're bad so are they and all that.

Wait, you think UW is going to come to Boulder and beat us? They are vastly overrated. 9-9 is the most likely scenario right now, fwiw

Yes, unfortunately I do. I hope I am wrong though. I mean it is POSSIBLE that CU wins at ASU and then again against UW, but after having watched six of ASU's games and 5 of UW's I just don't see victories there. UW plays some D and we know what happens to the Buff O against a team that will D up.

Yes, unfortunately I do. I hope I am wrong though. I mean it is POSSIBLE that CU wins at ASU and then again against UW, but after having watched six of ASU's games and 5 of UW's I just don't see victories there. UW plays some D and we know what happens to the Buff O against a team that will D up.
UW's defense is marginally better than ours and we'll be favored over UW if the game was played tomorrow. I think in general you're overrating the Pac 12, it's not a good conference outside of Utah and Arizona.

It was great seeing the way the guys played today. They played with intensity and confidence (except for Talton). I just hope to see a similar team on the road.

Agreed, but I don't get the posts suggesting that anything Tad did led the team to a turnaround and victories over UCLA and USC. The historical advantage of CEC in the Tad Boyle era has been overwhelming, and is the obvious difference between the last 2 games in Hawaii and the two at home. No speech was necessary, all Tad had to do was bring his team home. I expect after the next 3 road games there will be an outcry of confusion over how the Buffs could have suddenly reverted to poor play again, and how Tad no longer has a clue.

The UCLA and USC games were my first in person this season as I had been out of the country. What struck me today was how confident the team was on the offensive end. Much more so than on Friday night v UCLA. It showed up statistically in the low number of turnovers and high number of assists. Ball movement and off-ball movement was good. Versus UCLA, CU was tentative on offense and made poor decisions that led to a ton of turnovers. I don't know how they won. Today there was so much more confidence which permeated the team. Yes, there was the occasional silly pass/decision, but in general the team was on the same page offensively.

The UCLA and USC games were my first in person this season as I had been out of the country. What struck me today was how confident the team was on the offensive end. Much more so than on Friday night v UCLA. It showed up statistically in the low number of turnovers and high number of assists. Ball movement and off-ball movement was good. Versus UCLA, CU was tentative on offense and made poor decisions that led to a ton of turnovers. I don't know how they won. Today there was so much more confidence which permeated the team. Yes, there was the occasional silly pass/decision, but in general the team was on the same page offensively.

USC played some terrible defense which helped our offense out. It is like they ignored the scouting report on us.

USC is a horrible basketball team. That was the worst zone defense I've ever seen.

Id like to think we can beat ASU on the road, then come home and pick up two more wins to sit at 5-2. I'm still not completely sure what this team has. Glad to get the UCLA monkey off our back, though. A loss in that game and we would be in real trouble.

Im in agreement here. I think tad really does not like ASU, and hates losing to them. As far as Im concerned, it's the only truly winnable game in the next 3.

Utah is definitely very good, but not unbeatable. With their good wins looking slightly less good as the season unfolds, I'd like to think we find a way to beat them once

do you still hold this opinion after watching the Utah game?

:lol:

UCLA is a horrible team right now. Roster vs Roster in the Pac-12, they're in the top third if I'm picking sides for a pickup game. Talent is absolutely not translating for them, though. I love Looney and Hamilton. Powell's a senior guard anyone in the conference would love on its roster. Alford is also damn good. I'm not that high on Parker or Welsh at the 5, plus their bench sucks. I think their main problem is that they're not playing inside out enough. Things would get a lot better for them if they ran things through Looney.

Okay... I apologize if it may have been already addressed earlier in this thread or in another, but how much did Jelly's back spasms effect his mobility (or lack thereof) and thus the half-court offense prior to the UCLA and USC games ... and if so, why didn't we hear about his condition earlier? :huh:

Okay... I apologize if it may have been already addressed earlier in this thread or in another, but how much did Jelly's back spasms effect his mobility (or lack thereof) and thus the half-court offense prior to the UCLA and USC games ... and if so, why didn't we hear about his condition earlier? :huh:

After the game Sunday Tad said it was bothering him in Hawaii, but Tad didn't know it until they got back to Boulder.

Back spasms are generally not a gradual thing. They hit at once, are insanely painful, and then take a few weeks to work themselves out. He probably has access to a lot of trainers who can help work through the condition and perhaps cut it's duration. The last time I had them, it took over a month for them to fully subside.

Back